The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 2 January 2009, 09:47 AM   #31
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Do you see why I only buy from Grey Dealers..??
TempoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2009, 12:49 PM   #32
HKperf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 M Coke
I know the store really well and dont see any loyalty from them at all..very pushy sales floor and I am not surprised that they sold the watch to someone else.
very unprofessional for a such nice store.
What a shame~!!!
Hublot Icebang Ceramic Tungsten
HKperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2009, 12:49 PM   #33
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
It sounds like you had a decent relationship with them leading up to this mishap. Every business, no matter how well-intentioned, flubs occasionally. I would suggest giving them the first opportunity to right the situation. Speak with the manager, tell him/her what happened, and ask what they are willing to do for you. My thought is they should offer to get you another one, either at a discount, or throw in a strap or two as consolation.

If the response is unsatisfactory, thank them for trying, and let them know you will be buying elsewhere from now on.
Old 2 January 2009, 01:17 PM   #34
cmr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2 View Post
It sounds like you had a decent relationship with them leading up to this mishap. Every business, no matter how well-intentioned, flubs occasionally. I would suggest giving them the first opportunity to right the situation. Speak with the manager, tell him/her what happened, and ask what they are willing to do for you. My thought is they should offer to get you another one, either at a discount, or throw in a strap or two as consolation.

If the response is unsatisfactory, thank them for trying, and let them know you will be buying elsewhere from now on.
if it was well run establishment that cared about their customers the scenario you have laid out would have immediately taken place without him having to ask. he should not have to ask and now is way too late for them to offer.

not only would i never contact them again i would do the same as the op. tell my story.

OA-Black dial SS Daytona, V-White dial SS Daytona, Z-GMT2C
Wife, Z-Platinum Yacht Master, Black ceramic White dial SS Daytona,
cmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2009, 02:08 PM   #35
boa2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr View Post
if it was well run establishment that cared about their customers the scenario you have laid out would have immediately taken place without him having to ask. he should not have to ask and now is way too late for them to offer.
I don't agree. "I shouldn't have to ask" doesn't work in any long-term relationship, in my opinion. Personally, I'd rather get what I want by asking, than to be angry and not give a place where I had made so many purchases the opportunity to make it right. But hey, that's just me.
Old 2 January 2009, 02:23 PM   #36
cmr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't agree. "I shouldn't have to ask" doesn't work in any long-term relationship, in my opinion. Personally, I'd rather get what I want by asking, than to be angry and not give a place where I had made so many purchases the opportunity to make it right. But hey, that's just me.
so you feel a loyalty to a place you have given allot of your money that treats you like that? hmmm, thats very interesting. lets just say i don't let anybody treat me disrespectfully much less a place i pay allot of money.

Old 2 January 2009, 02:53 PM   #37
C. Davidson
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT (116710)
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Have to agree with you should have paid a deposit by credit card.
Agree with Padi.
#15,634

"The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out."
C. Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2009, 03:31 PM   #38
boa2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
so you feel a loyalty to a place you have given allot of your money that treats you like that? hmmm, thats very interesting. lets just say i don't let anybody treat me disrespectfully much less a place i pay allot of money.
Nope. It has nothing to do with loyalty. It has everything to do with being responsible for getting what I want, on my terms. More to the point, I don't expect someone to guess what my terms are, and I don't quit that easily, not when a 5-minute conversation could potentially get me exactly what I want.

I also don't expect anyone to hold anything for me without a deposit.
Old 3 January 2009, 04:13 PM   #39
ALTAADAM007

Quote:
an upscale store should have called you to see if you were on your way. this is something i would expect to hear about a car dealership, not a high end jewelry store. it is obvious they have no respect for new customers or trying to earn a working relationship with you. take the quick buck and forget about you maybe being their next best customer.

just look around, i can assure you there is someone out there that wants your business/money and that will increase in the months to come.
I AGREE! I have found a few other sources and hope to make a purchase soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempoKing View Post
Do you see why I only buy from Grey Dealers..??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THEY car about repeat business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKperf View Post
I know the store really well and dont see any loyalty from them at all..very pushy sales floor and I am not surprised that they sold the watch to someone else.
very unprofessional for a such nice store.
What a shame~!!!
YES! they seem to be getting worse! The management at BOTH stores didn't care a bit! Neither has made any apology or effort to try to offer something!

Quote:

I tried! They refuse to help! Basically giving me the finger. I own a business myself and I wouldn't exist if I treated people this way. Even if we don't agree with a client we still will attempt to make a concession to reach an amicable resolution. SO not the case with Carl Greve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Davidson View Post
Agree with Padi.
They didn't ask, so I didn't. If they had asked I would have GLADLY offered. Since they didn't I made the assumption a deal was struck to either pick it up or ship it. I decided to come pick it up. Plus it was only (roughly) an hour from the time of my last conversation with the salesperson and when I arrived. It isn't like I called at opening bell, and it was an hour to close and I hadn't called or arrived. This was just BAD BUSINESS!
ALTAADAM007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2009, 05:18 AM   #40
boa2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTAADAM007 View Post
I tried! They refuse to help! Basically giving me the finger. I own a business myself and I wouldn't exist if I treated people this way. Even if we don't agree with a client we still will attempt to make a concession to reach an amicable resolution.
No doubt. If you asked them to resolve it, and they refused, then clearly the only way to get what you're after is to move on. I hope you get the watch you want soon.
Old 6 January 2009, 05:40 AM   #41
ALTAADAM007

Quote:
No doubt. If you asked them to resolve it, and they refused, then clearly the only way to get what you're after is to move on. I hope you get the watch you want soon.
Thank you for the support.

GOOD NEWS! I got TWO!!!!!

Yee haa! Went to my local Bell & Ross AD (Alex's Watchworks) here in town(Portland Oregon.) I was there to get a piece for my wife (new BRS-92 in Ceramic White), and I had brought my 18K Daytona with me (just in case;-) and I walked out with THREE watches.

The B&R for the Wife
BNIB PAM 219
LNIB PAM 164

Alex gave me a VERY fair price on my trade in and I walked out with a fat sack of new pieces! While it wasn't the 176 I originally wanted the deal couldn't be beat and I told Alex and Duncan there to keep me posted on any titanium PAM's that come in! Looks like I found a good local source to keep me in Panerai for a while to come!

Thanks again folks!
Old 6 January 2009, 06:49 AM   #42
cmr
"TRF" Member

that is very good news!!

Old 7 January 2009, 01:53 AM   #43
boa2
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yee haa! Went to my local Bell & Ross AD (Alex's Watchworks) here in town(Portland Oregon.) I was there to get a piece for my wife (new BRS-92 in Ceramic White), and I had brought my 18K Daytona with me (just in case;-) and I walked out with THREE watches.

The B&R for the Wife
BNIB PAM 219
LNIB PAM 164

Alex gave me a VERY fair price on my trade in and I walked out with a fat sack of new pieces! While it wasn't the 176 I originally wanted the deal couldn't be beat and I told Alex and Duncan there to keep me posted on any titanium PAM's that come in! Looks like I found a good local source to keep me in Panerai for a while to come!

Thanks again folks!
Fantastic! Please post some photos on the Panerai forum.

Congrats to your wife on the B&R as well. Beautiful piece!
Old 8 January 2009, 05:57 AM   #44
Omega_Precision
Banned

Watch: ing basketball
Glad to hear you got what you wanted...sorry about what happened though.
Omega_Precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2009, 04:45 PM   #45
glocati
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675/3+16013
Quote:

The B&R for the Wife
BNIB PAM 219
LNIB PAM 164

Thanks again folks!
Alex's Watchworks is a great place. Lots of nice pre-owned/vintage pieces in there as well. Good on-site servicing/watchmakers too !
glocati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2009, 03:46 AM   #46
ALTAADAM007

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocati View Post
Alex's Watchworks is a great place. Lots of nice pre-owned/vintage pieces in there as well. Good on-site servicing/watchmakers too !
Seriously nice people! the way they helped my son with his Fossil watch at the same time was really nice too! Got him a new battery, etc.

I will be back there!
Old 9 January 2009, 06:26 AM   #47
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
No where in this thread have you gave clear information on your relationship with Jim and Danielle and their store. Only "I phoned my regular guy at Carl Greve Bridgeport Village. HE explains he can't get Panerai from their sister store in downtown Portland. But, if I phone Jim and Danielle at that store they can help me." A Sister Store and they can't send over the watch for you "HIS FAITHFUL RETURN CUSTOMER" but, your told to go down to their store and they'll take care of you. Again, because i don't know your relationship with the other store you were just another "I'll be right there" call. I want to be on your side but, haven't seen / heard the proof and now what do I believe? You want me to say it sucked yeah it did but, if Jim and Danielle didn't know you (the way your post read) if I were them I'd sell it to the first person who had the cash on the barrel head.

just my
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2009, 06:43 AM   #48
ALTAADAM007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
No where in this thread have you gave clear information on your relationship with Jim and Danielle and their store. Only "I phoned my regular guy at Carl Greve Bridgeport Village. HE explains he can't get Panerai from their sister store in downtown Portland. But, if I phone Jim and Danielle at that store they can help me." A Sister Store and they can't send over the watch for you "HIS FAITHFUL RETURN CUSTOMER" but, your told to go down to their store and they'll take care of you. Again, because i don't know your relationship with the other store you were just another "I'll be right there" call. I want to be on your side but, haven't seen / heard the proof and now what do I believe? You want me to say it sucked yeah it did but, if Jim and Danielle didn't know you (the way your post read) if I were them I'd sell it to the first person who had the cash on the barrel head.

just my
If I didn't make it clear:

1) I had spoken to Jim and Danielle on a previous visit.

2) Danielle works with "my guy" at Bridgeport.

3) Danielle acknowledged who I was on the first and second conversation prior to my visit.

4) I said if I didn't go downtown I would then have her ship it.

5) Never asked for a deposit. (One would GLADLY have been given.)

I understand you are in the other coast. After this thread and conversing with others locally, this is NOT an uncommon occurrence and other locals (as well as internet buyers) should be aware of their policies.

Thanks for the comment!
Old 10 January 2009, 07:43 AM   #49
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
Ok I can take that :o)
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2009, 11:33 AM   #50
onkyo
Banned

Congrats on your new pieces and you are now happy.
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2009, 11:42 AM   #51
GrandDaddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
Wow.

I have bought 9 Rolex from Carl Greve Downtown. Always had excellent service, free booze and discounts galore.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.
+1. Carl Greve was highly recommended by KV and I asked Danielle to hold a Pepsi for me (it was becoming extinct during that time). I drove three hours from Washington State to buy the Pepsi. The watch was in the big safe (not the display counter) when I got there. KV also has a lawyer friend (another TRF member) who is a regular buyer there. Will I buy from them again? IN A HEART BEAT!
GrandDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2009, 07:19 PM   #52
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDaddy View Post
+1. Carl Greve was highly recommended by KV and I asked Danielle to hold a Pepsi for me (it was becoming extinct during that time). I drove three hours from Washington State to buy the Pepsi. The watch was in the big safe (not the display counter) when I got there. KV also has a lawyer friend (another TRF member) who is a regular buyer there. Will I buy from them again? IN A HEART BEAT!

Yea, me too.

They always took care of me and many that I referred to them.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2009, 03:13 AM   #53
AIKO
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey Guys and Gals,

I live in an area with only one authorized Panerai dealer. As such I have little alternative to buying online, but I like to keep my business local if I can. In the past year I have bought:

Rolex GMT IIC
Breitling Bentley GT
Several pieces of women's jewelry (diamonds and such)

all in an effort to keep in good graces with the dealer for future purchases.

RECENTLY, wife allowed me to make a post-Christmas Panerai purchase! YEE HA right!? She had gone with me to view some pieces at their downtown location and knew I had my eye on a PAM176.

So I phoned my regular guy at Carl Greve Bridgeport Village. HE explains he can't get Panerai from their sister store in downtown Portland. But, if I phone Jim and Danielle at that store they can help me. Which I do. Danielle confirms the PAM176 is still in stock along with a few other models. I look online at the others, confirm that I want the PAM176 and I ring her back. I explain that coming downtown with an infant etc. can be a bit of pain what options do I have. She says it is best to come to the store, but she can also ship, etc. I tell her to HOLD the watch, I will be buying it that day and she will either see me in the store or I will phone back to arrange to ship it.

So I pile the wife, kiddos, etc. into the car, drive downtown (about 15 miles), drive around to find a garage big enough to swallow our Suburban, pay to park, load the little one in the stroller, Starbucks up the wife and trek in the rain to the store.

ONLY TO FIND DANIELLE AND JIM HANDING THE WATCH OVER TO ANOTHER CLIENT!!!!!!!!!! You have GOT to be kidding right?

I understand a bird in the hand, but at the same time I was ASSURED the watch would be mine, I confirmed I would be purchasing it THAT day, and yet instead of even calling me back to confirm, they sold it to another client.

What good is establishing a relationship with an AD only to have them shoot you in the foot?

My company relies on our internet reputation, so I struggled before writing this here (I plan to post it elsewhere as well) but it is just an deserved. I have been 100% honest in the synopsis etc.

I hope potential clients to Carl Greve Portland Oregon will use this information prior to purchasing. As it sits MY next Panerai purchase will be online!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent folks! Feel free to reply with any comments.

ALTAADAM007
Beaverton Oregon USA

I agree with you 100% that the watch should have been held for you. The AD should have taken your # (and a deposit) to call if something (another buyer) came up. Lame service in my opinion. Sure people ask businesses to hold things and never come back but that's business! Top companies go the extra mile-these people did not. Just be happy that you know this and not deal with them again.
AIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2009, 12:41 PM   #54
ALTAADAM007

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKO View Post
I agree with you 100% that the watch should have been held for you. The AD should have taken your # (and a deposit) to call if something (another buyer) came up. Lame service in my opinion. Sure people ask businesses to hold things and never come back but that's business! Top companies go the extra mile-these people did not. Just be happy that you know this and not deal with them again.
WELL PUT! Thank you all guys! I believe some TRF members have made them aware of this thread and still haven't offered to do ANYTHING! Still no apologies etc.

But I am loving my new pieces! I need to get of my dead butt and post up some photos!
Old 28 September 2010, 04:37 AM   #55
chris russell
Banned

Watch: your mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesallie View Post
Unless you give them a deposit by credit card, I think they have the right to sell the watch. I understand completely your desire to see and try on the watch before committing large dollars, but I don't think they overstepped their bounds, and my experience with AD's by and large that they have zero loyalty, except of course, while they're trying to close a deal.
He asked them to HOLD the watch. They SAID they would. They LIED. The ONLY thing humans have over animals is the ability to communicate and to STAND BY that communication. Apparently you are content to have humans live as though they were animals. Some of us are not.
chris russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2010, 04:42 AM   #56
chris russell
Banned

Watch: your mouth.
There are few things in this world that annoy me more than an arrogant, insolent, disloyal or dishonest purveyor of goods. These people sound like complete @$$holes, pure and simple. Stay far, far away.
chris russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2010, 05:00 AM   #57
StarSovereign
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116710LN
A better question is why didn't you just leave the wife at home with the kids and go yourself. You could have gotten there in half the time and bought the watch...
StarSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2010, 05:54 AM   #58
Numismatist
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
This is an 18 month old thread...
Montblanc Meisterstück Diamond Mozart BP
Montblanc Meisterstück Mozart BP
Numismatist is offline   Reply With Quote