The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 21 March 2018, 06:40 AM   #31
milov
"TRF" Member

This thread makes me shudder at the memories of my kidney stone experiences. Good luck Merle... and anyone else who might go through this ordeal.
milov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 08:46 AM   #32
emersm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Just got back from the Urologist and found out I have 4 total kidney stones; two on the right (9mm and 5mm) and two on the left (8mm and 4.5mm). The 9mm has dropped into the ureter and will have to be removed (next Tuesday) with Ureteroscopy (with a laser). The other three are still attached to the kidney.

I will use the Royal Breakstone (based on the amazing reviews) after the procedure next Tuesday to try and break up the remaining three and use as a preventative measure. Might have to adjust the diet as well. I start my day with lemon infused water and run 2.5 miles and exercise, so I have that part covered.

They also gave me a prescription for flomax to relax the ureter. But, I'm afraid to take it because I am in no pain now and if the ureter relaxes I am afraid the stone will drop more and create the blockage/pain.... I don't want to have to deal with the pain for 7 days until the procedure.
emersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 09:06 AM   #33
ejvette

Watch: me break clays..
Thankfully I have no experience with them

"The only difference between crazy and eccentric is the size of ones bank account" Anonymous

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
ejvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2018, 10:23 AM   #34
Bryant Park
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by emersm View Post
Was the Toradol needed after the procedure, when you were passing the smaller pieces? Successfully pulverized, to smaller pieces that were easily passed? -- Thanks.
Toradol was only needed when I naturally passed one. Passing them after pulverized was Tylenol and fine.

Hang in there!!
Bryant Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 05:51 AM   #35
function12
"TRF" Member

I should have never started reading this thread. My palms are sweating. I have passed several stones. Largest was 7 mm. I hate hospitals and needles. So, I have suffered at home. Although the last one I went to the ER after 4 days of pain. Morphine did nothing. So, then they gave me dilaudid. The pain finally stopped. They gave me another injection and sent me home with flowtral. I was good by the next day. Mine are uric acid based. I took allopurinol for several years but hated the yearly blood test.
The only other thing that has taken away the pain have been throwing up from the pain. I was eating Vicodin like tic-tacs.
I have been take the apple cider capsules for a couple of years now but I just ordered some Break Stone. So, we shall see.
function12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 07:12 AM   #36
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Very sorry to hear this, Merle. I'm hoping the doctors resolve this for you soon. Here's to a speedy recovery
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 04:49 AM   #37
emersm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Very sorry to hear this, Merle. I'm hoping the doctors resolve this for you soon. Here's to a speedy recovery
Thanks, Rommel. Still stuck at the top of the ureter with no pain. Ureteroscopic lithotripsy, Tuesday.
Old 25 March 2018, 05:53 AM   #38
swils8610

Lithotripsy is easy...it’s the having to go in and remove the stone that’s the pain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 11:29 AM   #39
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Feel better
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2018, 05:38 AM   #40
EddieBarber
"TRF" Member

Long time lurker. Made an account just for this thread. First and foremost, hate that your going through your situation. I have been down this road and whomever has, knows how bad it feels to pass a kidney stone. A literal nightmare.

After I passed my first stone I spent countless hours researching how to prevent this. I read statistically 90% of people who pass one will pass another. Yea, I’m trying to fall in that 10%. After reading day and night , little pains in my kidney that wouldn’t let me go to sleep I came across something. Chanca piedra (stone breaker).

Chanca piedra is an herb from the amazon. And from everything and anything I read , it’s the only thing I could find that gave me any hope on actually breaking down stones. Herbpharm makes a product called stonebreaker. Me , and everyone I’ve told to buy this product have yet to pass another stone. I’ve found typically when I feel little pangs if pain in my kidney, I’ll start taking a full dropper from stonebreaker 3 times a day. Here and there I’ll urinate with little irritation which tells me it’s breaking down and passing.

I’m not a doctor. I don’t truly know anything. I only know I’m terrified of passing one again and did as much due diligence as I possibly could. Me and some dudes I know who pass stones swear this thing is a God send. I cringe when I hear the word kidney stone. If I were you , I’d go to herbpharm and order the 4oz. The 1 oz Dosent last. It says take a drop or two. Me , personally , I fill the dropper basically to the top and chug it with a full cup of water. I wish you well my brother and truly hope this has been of some help!
EddieBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2018, 11:42 AM   #41
emersm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieBarber View Post
Long time lurker. Made an account just for this thread. First and foremost, hate that your going through your situation. I have been down this road and whomever has, knows how bad it feels to pass a kidney stone. A literal nightmare.

After I passed my first stone I spent countless hours researching how to prevent this. I read statistically 90% of people who pass one will pass another. Yea, I’m trying to fall in that 10%. After reading day and night , little pains in my kidney that wouldn’t let me go to sleep I came across something. Chanca piedra (stone breaker).

Chanca piedra is an herb from the amazon. And from everything and anything I read , it’s the only thing I could find that gave me any hope on actually breaking down stones. Herbpharm makes a product called stonebreaker. Me , and everyone I’ve told to buy this product have yet to pass another stone. I’ve found typically when I feel little pangs if pain in my kidney, I’ll start taking a full dropper from stonebreaker 3 times a day. Here and there I’ll urinate with little irritation which tells me it’s breaking down and passing.

I’m not a doctor. I don’t truly know anything. I only know I’m terrified of passing one again and did as much due diligence as I possibly could. Me and some dudes I know who pass stones swear this thing is a God send. I cringe when I hear the word kidney stone. If I were you , I’d go to herbpharm and order the 4oz. The 1 oz Dosent last. It says take a drop or two. Me , personally , I fill the dropper basically to the top and chug it with a full cup of water. I wish you well my brother and truly hope this has been of some help!
Thanks for the advice! You are The second person on this thread to recommend that product. I have ordered some Chanca Piedra through Amazon and it should arrive tomorrow as I am told I have two more kidney stones in the other kidney.

I definitely don’t want to go through this process again. The stent is bothersome.

I had the ureteroscopic lithotripsy done on Tuesday. The procedure was only supposed to take a little under an hour but ended up taking almost 2 hours because the laser malfunctioned at some point during the procedure and they had to find another one from another location.

I’m hoping through proper diet, exercise and the supplements that I will be free of kidney stones in the future. Definitely not fun!

Thank you again!
Old 30 March 2018, 03:15 PM   #42
hdrazor251
"TRF" Member

Watch: is recovered!!
Water, water, and more water. Dehydration is a major factor. I passed 6 so I'm speaking from experience.

Good luck!
Old 30 March 2018, 03:47 PM   #43
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
Welcome to the club, I had issues on and off from my 20's the so called Kidney gravel. In 2014 I had one of my worst bent over in pain experiences for about 3 hours when interstate, called my local colleague, as to whether there was an ER I could go to, when he saw me he drove me directly there I was quite green. Had been diagnosed a few weeks early when a previous bout as potential UTI, turns out one of my kidneys was about 30% stone when scanned at the ER (I have the Xray somewhere). Got the low down from the head of the ER that if I did not change my life and do something about these stones I could lose a kidney. Ended up with a urologist less than a week later, who was impressed by my ability to function with so many stones, I think the largest was 11mm which he indicated had to have been growing for some time and would never be able to pass. This led to 3 operations of 4, 5 and 1 hours to remove my little friends. The first time they tried to zap them I came away massively bruised and peeing blood, but this did nothing on my asteroids, apparently I was in the 5% of people who have stones that are more like diamonds in composition, so operation 2 with stents already in place was a few weeks later as a minor open operation through my back, under image guidance in first place to reach the kidney. This got the big ugly ones out but left me in hospital for a couple of days. last one was a relatively simple washout on last small stones. In the doctors rooms I got to pull my own catheters out that had been in for 5 weeks by that time.... a weird experience as well.

In short yes they are not much fun but you will get through and try and keep the water up afterwards and less salt. FYI have also been down the gout route, and for those that have it in their toe and think that hurts wait till you get it in your knee and it swells to double its usual size and goes bright red and they think you have a staf infection.....
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2018, 05:02 PM   #44
bgolfo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I recently was in the ED with a stone. Oddly enough I work in a hospital and I felt the pain and instantly knew what it was and I was not able to walk and almost in tears. Yes tears and judge as you will but kidney stones are painful and thankfully a co worker make me go down to the ED. It has passed into the bladder but has not fully passed yet, so I know everyone’s pain and wish everyone the best
bgolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2018, 05:08 PM   #45
Hoppyjr
"TRF" Member

I opened this thread thinking it could be the latest new Rolex watch nickname.

;-)
Hoppyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2018, 01:33 AM   #46
Rolexet
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Painfull had them too
Rolexet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2018, 12:55 PM   #47
JayAK
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116618LN
I’ve had half a dozen stones in the last three years, they are a pain to deal with. I also had a 9mm stone last year and had a lithotripsy, it wasn’t a major ordeal at all. I feel for anyone that has to go through passing a stone. Best wishes and a speedy recovery.
JayAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 04:01 AM   #48
function12
"TRF" Member

Well I spoke too soon. Had 3mm stone on Tuesday. 1st one in 5 years. Went to the ER for pain meds. They first gave me morphine (which I told them does not work), the fentanyl (still nothing), and finally toradol. That took in down to maybe a seven. They said dilaudid (which worked miracles last time) was on national back order and most hospitals don't have any. Still have a few phantom pains every once in a while.
Old 2 October 2018, 05:00 AM   #49
mrricks
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Many years ago I was in Istanbul and had a painful kidney stone. Went to doctor. He didn't recommend surgery there at that time (1970s). He said try this: Go to a hamam, (public bath), bring 12 liters of fine local beer, sit in hot bath and drink beer. Some time after beer#8, feeling no pain and passed the stone. Downsize is the hangover. Some minor bleeding for a couple of days.

Sometimes the old fashioned local cures are worthwhile trying.
Old 2 October 2018, 08:16 AM   #50
emersm

Quote:
Originally Posted by function12 View Post
Well I spoke too soon. Had 3mm stone on Tuesday. 1st one in 5 years. Went to the ER for pain meds. They first gave me morphine (which I told them does not work), the fentanyl (still nothing), and finally toradol. That took in down to maybe a seven. They said dilaudid (which worked miracles last time) was on national back order and most hospitals don't have any. Still have a few phantom pains every once in a while.
Sorry to hear, hopefully this will be your last!

I still have two stone in one kidney and am scheduled to have a CT scan at the end of next month to see if they shrunk... grew or stayed the same in size. I have been taking that Chanca Piedra religiously since the end of March and am hoping for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrricks View Post
Many years ago I was in Istanbul and had a painful kidney stone. Went to doctor. He didn't recommend surgery there at that time (1970s). He said try this: Go to a hamam, (public bath), bring 12 liters of fine local beer, sit in hot bath and drink beer. Some time after beer#8, feeling no pain and passed the stone. Downsize is the hangover. Some minor bleeding for a couple of days.

Sometimes the old fashioned local cures are worthwhile trying.
I like this method the best, so far!
Old 3 October 2018, 02:04 AM   #51
function12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I still have two stone in one kidney and am scheduled to have a CT scan at the end of next month to see if they shrunk... grew or stayed the same in size. I have been taking that Chanca Piedra religiously since the end of March and am hoping for the best.
How much of the "Stone Breaker" Chanca Piedra are you taking? I started taking one capsule a day about a month ago but not religiously. I guess I need to step it up!!

I sure hope your stones have dissolved away.
Old 4 October 2018, 03:36 AM   #52
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
I just finished reading the kidney stone thread from 2012 and was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them or if treatment options have gotten better.

I was visiting my sister last week in Florida and noticed some blood in my urine.

I made an appointment with my Doctor the next Monday and they confirmed blood in my urine and started me on Keflex, assuming it was a urinary tract infection.

The urine culture came back negative for bacteria and Doc ordered a CT scan, which was completed about four hours ago.

My Doctor's office called me with the results about 3 hours ago. It seems I have a 9mm kidney stone on the right side of my kidney, partially blocking my ureter. Also, there are "several" smaller stones behind it.

I am not in any pain right now and feel no discomfort; I had one of these about 18 years ago and it was incredibly painful.

I have been referred to a Urologist, which is conveniently located two floors above my Doctor's office, and will be calling for an appointment first thing in the morning.

Any chance they can zap the stone? If so, I would have to pass the smaller pieces and smaller stones behind it, right? I have a feeling anyway this plays out I am going to be in a lot of pain soon.

I was diagnosed w 2x4mm ones about ten years ,had a check last month and those disappeared on the USscan ,seems the beers did their job finally!

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote