The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 14 March 2018, 05:42 AM   #61
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by npalacio View Post
I mean, I would email and call. You will have to share with them everything you shared here. And obviously the name of the center it was sent to by your AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Allright, I have sent them a email and will call them tomorrow. Thanks mate!
BMW335D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 11:09 PM   #62
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Mail from AP:

Dear Mr XXX,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and sharing your advice.

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with an after sales service and would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to restore your faith in Audemars Piguet.

Your comments have been forwarded to our after sales department, who will promptly look into this matter. Upon the completion of our internal investigations, we will immediately get back to you in order to resolve this issue.

Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact us at your convenience.

Kind regards,

XXX
Audemars Piguet Client Care

Tel + 41 21 642 32 66
www.audemarspiguet.com

With Audemars Piguet, preserve the environment.

Is printing this email really necessary?

This E-Mail and any attachments are intended solely for the named addressee and may contain legally privileged information.
Copying this E-Mail or dissemination of any information it contains, by anyone other than the addressee, is prohibited.
If you have received this message by error, please let us know by replying to this E-Mail. Thanks.
Old 21 March 2018, 02:32 AM   #63
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

The SC said that the watch is on the way back to the AD.
They have changed the screws for new ones, restored (polished again?!) the finish on the buckle and the AP logo on the buckle is in contrast again.

In the mean time I am still waiting for AP to check out what really happened. I will keep you guys updated and will post some pics.
Old 22 March 2018, 08:09 AM   #64
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

The AD called me today and told me that the watch has arrived.
I did check out the watch and told them right away to send it back.
Man, they’ve polished the sh*t out of the buckle. They have repolished the buckle and the “AP” logo is satin finished this time. The last time they did ruin the logo.
Now the lines are almost polished away.
I don’t know what is wrong with these dudes.
I have already sent a complaint to AP.
The lugholes/screws seem to be OK now.

Anyhow, I guess I have to wait one more month again now.
They have to replace the buckle. I am going to send a email to AP again.
Check the pics.

image uploader
Old 22 March 2018, 08:25 AM   #65
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

How did they manage to add metal to the case???

Do not send it back to these people or your AD. Get it back and deal with AP directly.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 08:31 AM   #66
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Do not send it back to these people or your AD. Get it back and deal with AP directly.
I told the AD to send it back directly with the comment that they f*cked up the buckle. I have sent AP a email again with the new pictures.
They are crazy bro, this can’t be passed trough a QC.

You can barely see the lines on the buckle and not even feel them anymore.
They have polished the sh*t out of it and claim that they have restored the “AP” satin finished logo.

The first time they did forget to fix the logo I guess and now they polish it again and the logo is fixed but all the lines are gone?

About the screws:

They said that they have replaced them. That’s all what they said.
I don’t need the watch any more, I told AP that they need to solve it and that the watch is sent back directly to their “service center”.

Damn bro, amateurs, they piss me off.
Old 22 March 2018, 08:47 AM   #67
Peterandwatches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5167/15400/Sub/JLC
I've only received top notch service from them, so I wouldn't be too worried. If there's anything they can do, they probably will.
Peterandwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 09:21 AM   #68
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterandwatches View Post
I've only received top notch service from them, so I wouldn't be too worried. If there's anything they can do, they probably will.

Problem is it's not APSC doing the work, it's some AP authorized center which his AD sent it to.

Old 23 March 2018, 05:38 PM   #69
yoast
"TRF" Member

Quote:

They laser weld it, Rolex does the same.

To the OP: Best to deal with AP in Switzerland Directly...
Old 23 March 2018, 07:40 PM   #70
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335D View Post
The AD called me today and told me that the watch has arrived.
I did check out the watch and told them right away to send it back.
Man, they’ve polished the sh*t out of the buckle. They have repolished the buckle and the “AP” logo is satin finished this time. The last time they did ruin the logo.
Now the lines are almost polished away.
I don’t know what is wrong with these dudes.
I have already sent a complaint to AP.
The lugholes/screws seem to be OK now.

Anyhow, I guess I have to wait one more month again now.
They have to replace the buckle. I am going to send a email to AP again.
Check the pics.
Why would you let this AD/Service Center mess up the watch twice, then send it back through them a third time? I would have kept the watch, dealt directly with AP and stated you want this problem rectified (obviously at no cost to you) with a different service center as this one is obviously incapable of doing a satisfactory job. I believe this would have accomplished much more than telling the AD 'they fu**** up the buckle and letting them touch metal for a third time. Just my 2c
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 07:47 PM   #71
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi guys,

Just got a E-mail from them:

upload pictures
Also, does this 'official' correspondence from AP not seem a little odd? Of course grammatical errors happen when one speaks multiple languages, however this seems a little over the top for somebody handling international relations for AP. This isn't a Mom and Pop shop selling tablecloths, it's a luxury watch company with a worldwide presence....

This, with the other things just seems pretty weird.
Old 23 March 2018, 08:26 PM   #72
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Why would you let this AD/Service Center mess up the watch twice, then send it back through them a third time? I would have kept the watch, dealt directly with AP and stated you want this problem rectified (obviously at no cost to you) with a different service center as this one is obviously incapable of doing a satisfactory job. I believe this would have accomplished much more than telling the AD 'they fu**** up the buckle and letting them touch metal for a third time. Just my 2c
Afterwards, you are right. Keeping the watch and dealing straight with AP Switzerland was a good option. Anyways, now the watch is gone and they ain’t going to touch in the 3rd time. I have already mailed AP Switzerland again.
The only thing that they have to do now is replace the buckle for a new one.
I don’t know what they have done with the case/screws but they say they have replaced the screws with other ones. This amateurclub, I don’t trust them. Maybe they have drilled a deeper hole to sink the screws.

Anyways, the only thing I can do is wait for now. That’s all.
But I’ve learned my lesson for real.
Old 23 March 2018, 08:27 PM   #73
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Also, does this 'official' correspondence from AP not seem a little odd? Of course grammatical errors happen when one speaks multiple languages, however this seems a little over the top for somebody handling international relations for AP. This isn't a Mom and Pop shop selling tablecloths, it's a luxury watch company with a worldwide presence....

This, with the other things just seems pretty weird.
This is a E-mail from the service center that did do all this work.
Old 23 March 2018, 08:38 PM   #74
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is a E-mail from the service center that did do all this work.
I see the service place, there's only one service center in Belgium, so pretty easy to find. The email makes sense then, because that's obviously a small workshop affiliated with luxury brands.

Yeah, I would never let a small place such as that do polish work. Movement servicing, okay, but something like the former I would only sent straight into AP. AP has an official service center in Wiesbaden, Germany. Perhaps you can suggest to send your watch there? Switzerland isn't in EU of course, so it will be more convenient for you to keep it inside borders.
Old 23 March 2018, 09:04 PM   #75
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I see the service place, there's only one service center in Belgium, so pretty easy to find. The email makes sense then, because that's obviously a small workshop affiliated with luxury brands.

Yeah, I would never let a small place such as that do polish work. Movement servicing, okay, but something like the former I would only sent straight into AP. AP has an official service center in Wiesbaden, Germany. Perhaps you can suggest to send your watch there? Switzerland isn't in EU of course, so it will be more convenient for you to keep it inside borders.
The funny thing is that when I sent the watch back for the first time, I told them not to take any kind of action by them self but inform me first.

However, they did polish the case again without informing me (the polished edge above one the lugholes had a little dent, they “forgot” it the first time).
They did polish the buckle again to restore the contrast of the AP logo (the first time there was no contrast, see pics).
And finally, “they did change the screws”.
The screws that were sticking out and looked like some aftermarket garbage just were “new generation screws for this model”. Do you believe that?

I’ve sent all the correspondation, pics etc. to AP Client Care and I have just called them a few minutes ago. They said that they will come back at me monday.

The watch was sent back trough the AD because they send it insured and it costs me nothing (comeback service) but they send it to the workshop where it came from, in this case: Belgium.
They can’t just choose a workshop or SC. They get a Fedex print from AP and AP decides which particular model goes to a certain SC/workshop. In this case, most of the regular ROO’s are sent to this workshop (the AD told me this).

So when the watch arrives at that little workshop, they can’t polish anything again. There is nothing left to polish. I think that AP will give them instructions on what to do next. Also, the first time, the polish was bad, that was not my fault, now they did polish it again because they agreed that it was bad. So they are playing with their own cards.

It takes a lot of my time and patience. The watch is there for the 3rd time now.
I’m glad that AP Client Care understands this problem and I am convinced that they will solve this.
Old 23 March 2018, 09:10 PM   #76
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The funny thing is that when I sent the watch back for the first time, I told them not to take any kind of action by them self but inform me first.

However, they did polish the case again without informing me (the polished edge above one the lugholes had a little dent, they “forgot” it the first time).
They did polish the buckle again to restore the contrast of the AP logo (the first time there was no contrast, see pics).
And finally, “they did change the screws”.
The screws that were sticking out and looked like some aftermarket garbage just were “new generation screws for this model”. Do you believe that?

I’ve sent all the correspondation, pics etc. to AP Client Care and I have just called them a few minutes ago. They said that they will come back at me monday.

The watch was sent back trough the AD because they send it insured and it costs me nothing (comeback service).

So when the watch arrives at that little workshop, they can’t polish anything again. There is nothing left to polish. I think that AP will give them instructions on what to do next. Also, the first time, the polish was bad, that was not my fault, now they did polish it again because they agreed that it was bad. So they are playing with their own cards.

It takes a lot of my time and patience. The watch is there for the 3rd time now.
I’m glad that AP Client Care understands this problem and I am convinced that they will solve this.

Yeah man, stuff happens, but it seems at least AP is going to ensure the problem is sorted out.

However, again, I would be adamant with AP when you talk to them on Monday, that you want the watch sent to an ACTUAL AP service center (Wiesbaden is the closest to you I believe). That way they can look at EVERYTHING, photograph it, make contact with you, and then go from there. This cat and mouse game with an externally affiliated service center is wasting your time and patience.

Just my opinion. Also, remember to keep your cool and be courteous. AP may be oblivious to the sub-par polishing this particular service center was putting out. As long as they're accommodating on Monday, you should definitely be happy! Some brands would kind of brush this off as not a huge deal.

Good luck, keep us updated!
Old 23 March 2018, 09:18 PM   #77
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah man, stuff happens, but it seems at least AP is going to ensure the problem is sorted out.

However, again, I would be adamant with AP when you talk to them on Monday, that you want the watch sent to an ACTUAL AP service center (Wiesbaden is the closest to you I believe). That way they can look at EVERYTHING, photograph it, make contact with you, and then go from there. This cat and mouse game with an externally affiliated service center is wasting your time and patience.

Just my opinion. Also, remember to keep your cool and be courteous. AP may be oblivious to the sub-par polishing this particular service center was putting out. As long as they're accommodating on Monday, you should definitely be happy! Some brands would kind of brush this off as not a huge deal.

Good luck, keep us updated!
Yes mate, I will do that. Thanks.

Another point, I did ask the AD why they did send the watch to Belgium and they explained me this:

For a comeback:

The AD sends it to the workshop where it came from, in this case: Belgium.

For a service:

They can’t just choose a workshop or SC. They get a Fedex print from AP and AP decides which particular model goes to a certain SC/workshop for a service. In this case, most of the regular ROO’s are sent to the workshop in Belgium (the AD told me this).
Old 23 March 2018, 09:18 PM   #78
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoast View Post
They laser weld it, Rolex does the same.

To the OP: Best to deal with AP in Switzerland Directly...

F that. That sounds terrible and quite unfortunate to have to do all because they over polished in the first place.

Second part, think he knows that now and has learned his lesson.

Sorry again, buddy. Keep us posted and hopefully this is resolved to satisfaction.

Old 23 March 2018, 10:22 PM   #79
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Just so you know, the buckle won't have been 'polished' but brushed. This can easily and simply be done using a green scotchbrite pad with minimal metal taken off. So unless your buckle had deep scratches there really is no logical reason why the lines on the central 'platform' have been reduced, rounded and blended so much.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 10:47 PM   #80
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
F that. That sounds terrible and quite unfortunate to have to do all because they over polished in the first place.

Second part, think he knows that now and has learned his lesson.

Sorry again, buddy. Keep us posted and hopefully this is resolved to satisfaction.

Thanks bro, I will keep ya’all updated.
Old 23 March 2018, 10:49 PM   #81
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
Just so you know, the buckle won't have been 'polished' but brushed. This can easily and simply be done using a green scotchbrite pad with minimal metal taken off. So unless your buckle had deep scratches there really is no logical reason why the lines on the central 'platform' have been reduced, rounded and blended so much.
No deep scratches at all. There was one little scratch on the right side. Not even near the platform.
The point is that they have polished/brushed the buckle 2 times now.
The 1st time the lines were intact but the AP logo lost the contrast with the metal. Not my fault but theirs.

They said OK, we solve that. They did polish it over again!
Lines gone but the logo in contrast. Buckle looks fake now, even the fake one looks better.
Old 12 April 2018, 07:42 PM   #82
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Hello guys,

The watch is still at that little watchshop (that supposed to be a official “APSC”).
Anyways, I’ve escalated everything. AP in Switzerland knows about it and also the distributor. They have contacted me. They said that they have never seen screws sticking out on a Offshore and never heard about “new generation screws”. The screw problem was “solved”, now we have a buckle problem. AP has contacted the watch shop in Belgium.
The watch shop in Belgium said that they have received my watch (sent it 21 march?!) and would contact me this week. AP said let’s wait what they offer and if that is not the right solution they will jump in.
Old 12 April 2018, 10:14 PM   #83
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Hello guys,

The watch is still at that little watchshop (that supposed to be a official “APSC”).
Anyways, I’ve escalated everything. AP in Switzerland knows about it and also the distributor. They have contacted me. They said that they have never seen screws sticking out on a Offshore and never heard about “new generation screws”. The screw problem was “solved”, now we have a buckle problem. AP has contacted the watch shop in Belgium.
The watch shop in Belgium said that they have received my watch (sent it 21 march?!) and would contact me this week. AP said let’s wait what they offer and if that is not the right solution they will jump in.

You still have a case problem, that would be my big issue here. The case was way over polished, those screws should be well sunk into the case. That would be my big issue, not the buckle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 13 April 2018, 01:51 AM   #84
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You still have a case problem, that would be my big issue here. The case was way over polished, those screws should be well sunk into the case. That would be my big issue, not the buckle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They say that they had used the wrong screws that are not for this model.
Now they have put the “good screws”.

In the meantime I have a reply, they’ve ordered the buckle from Switzerland so that one is going to be replaced anyway.

Now I am going to the second problem. They have polished my case 2 times.
They did it the 2nd time because they forgot a tiny scratch the first time.

The guy from AP tells me to wait till monday to see what their total solution.
Old 13 April 2018, 03:08 AM   #85
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Quote:
They have polished my case 2 times.
They did it the 2nd time because they forgot a tiny scratch the first time.
Hopefully all will be sorted if AP Le Brassus are on the 'case', but this sounds insane! There's no reason to re-polish / re-finish the whole case just for one tiny missed scratch.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 11:03 PM   #86
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
Hopefully all will be sorted if AP Le Brassus are on the 'case', but this sounds insane! There's no reason to re-polish / re-finish the whole case just for one tiny missed scratch.
I told them do leave it as it is. However, they didn’t listen and polish it again =|.
Old 14 April 2018, 02:50 PM   #87
Eiso
"TRF" Member

That's scary to have heard all these.

I am scared to keep all my APs and wanna sell them all.
Old 14 April 2018, 03:01 PM   #88
Jidonsu
"TRF" Member

A couple of years ago, I bought a used IWC 3227 Ingenieur. It had some light wear on the case answer had not been serviced. No worries, I thought, I’ll just have it serviced and refinished! I dropped it off at the IWC boutique and off it went to the Richemont group service center in Texas. Came back and what happened? The case corners were all rounded off and the whole watch had too much metal removed. The case still had marks on it from the lathe or lapping machine that they used, basically circular scratches from tools . I immediately complained. Sent it back and they offered to refinish it again. I wrote a strongly worded letter regarding why polishing again would be useless at this point since they already took too much metal off. I asked for a new case. The “head watchmaker” actually agreed, and they had to get Switzerland to make a new case since it was then a discontinued watch, or so I was told. No matter, got a brand new case out of it. You can try for the same.

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400 | Rolex 114060 | Rolex 116710BLNR | Tudor Black Bay GMT | Tudor Pelagos Blue | IWC Mark XVIII Le Petit Prince |
Jidonsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2018, 02:33 PM   #89
Bello_nyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Wow
♛ Datejust2 116334 💎💎
Bello_nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2018, 06:18 AM   #90
solrac6262
"TRF" Member

wtf, how long you been with out a watch? not acceptable, you should also ask for a discount for all this waste of time.

Case looks the same in your pictures, for sure it was only the screw, you can tell by looking at the before and after pictures at your strap the case is in alligned in the same position, actually on the after the strap looks better lol

GL
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 3.11.43 PM.png (83.4 KB, 254 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 3.11.57 PM.png (200.3 KB, 252 views)
solrac6262 is offline   Reply With Quote