The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 19 February 2018, 05:34 PM   #31
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
The Navitimer 8 B01 is an in-house breitling movement which is pretty good on paper (there are chronowerks versions which are extremely good). But basically the B01 is comparable to the 4130 except not as reliable, insofar as it features an integrated vertical clutch chronograph with 72 hour power reserve. The tudor b01 variant isn't the same, it uses microstella regulation so it's even better as far as I am concerned.

The Navitimer 8 Chrono is a 7750 version which is cam lever (I prefer horizontal coupling to cam lever, but vertical coupling is the best),and has a 42 hour power reserve. The will both be COSC but the 7750 was built for a price point and is not quite as interesting but still a solid movement that has been used by many manufactures including IWC, tudor, etc.
You mean they're putting out ETA and in-house versions of the same watch, at the same time? Will there be any differences in finishing?
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 08:17 PM   #32
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganfox17 View Post
If you omit the Chrono word, that's correct but I'll just say things my way.
Given that your first post in this thread established the Navi 8 B01 is a chronograph, then listing separate release dates for the B01 and the "Chrono" naturally raises some questions about the models you're discussing, don't you think? I was just looking for any clarification you could provide.

Now I'm doubly confused, since your answer implies the B01 and the Chrono are one and the same, whereas breitlings's answer specifically says they are two different versions of the same watch.
Old 19 February 2018, 11:17 PM   #33
Michael N Q8
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona SS White
These Navitimer 8's look good, but as with most new models like the Heuer Autavia, they are 43mm so my wallet is safe.
116520 Daytona white, 116500 Daytona black, 126600 SD, Speedmaster Pro, 116710BLNR GMT II, Speedmaster trilogy 57, Breitling Navitimer A23322, Seiko SKX007J, Seiko Mini turtle PADI, Seiko 5 Sport Diver.
Michael N Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 01:51 AM   #34
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Given that your first post in this thread established the Navi 8 B01 is a chronograph, then listing separate release dates for the B01 and the "Chrono" naturally raises some questions about the models you're discussing, don't you think? I was just looking for any clarification you could provide.

Now I'm doubly confused, since your answer implies the B01 and the Chrono are one and the same, whereas breitlings's answer specifically says they are two different versions of the same watch.
The “chrono” version uses the ETA movement with subdials at 12-9-6 and also has the day date feature, similar to latest version of be Steelfish Chrono.

The 01 version has the subdials at 3-6-9 and uses the in house B01 movement.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 05:22 AM   #35
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
You mean they're putting out ETA and in-house versions of the same watch, at the same time? Will there be any differences in finishing?
There will be larger numbers on the receipt. Not sure tbh, it doesn't sound like there will be, perhaps they should throw a clear caseback on the inhouse.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 05:33 AM   #36
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson3097 View Post
The “chrono” version uses the ETA movement with subdials at 12-9-6 and also has the day date feature, similar to latest version of be Steelfish Chrono.

The 01 version has the subdials at 3-6-9 and uses the in house B01 movement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
There will be larger numbers on the receipt. Not sure tbh, it doesn't sound like there will be, perhaps they should throw a clear caseback on the inhouse.
Thanks, guys. Interesting times for Breitling. Sounds like I need to head over to Breitlingsource and do some catching up.
Old 20 February 2018, 06:49 AM   #37
JacksonStone
Banned

I don't know where I've been, but there are write-ups on the entire line on all the major blogs. Here's one from Ablogtowatch, the details of which are probably already known to those who have been paying attention. Interesting lineup.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/breitli...ch-collection/