The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 June 2015, 07:23 PM   #1
waisoserious
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116515LN, 126621
Advice needed!! Audemars 25721ST.OO.1000ST.05 . Please give me some advice

Hello fellas!

Im a new member to this website but I am a long time fan. However I am a relatively novice collector (ok I am a noob).

I have a Daytona 116520 (black) and a IWC AMG Ingenieur Chrono. Both of which i bought new, so I have very little experience with 2nd hand watches.

I recently came across this gem... a blueface AP Royal Oak Off Shore 25721ST.OO.1000ST.05

I saw it in person and it seems to be in excellent condition. No indication that it was even worn often. Seems to have been worn very rarely infact. I was quoted around $11,500USD including box/papers and 1 year warranty from the 2nd hand shop (the shop has been around for a while and is somewhat famous). However due to my lack of knowledge of AP and my lack of experience with 2nd hand watches I have a few concerns...

1. Is $11,500USD (I was quoted in New Taiwan Dollars and this is the approximate value in USD) a good price? Depreciation and resale value (if I ever decide to sell it or trade it) are important to me. Which is why I am considering picking up this 2nd hand Royal Oak.

2. Any idea or indicators what year this was made? The store told me 6-10 years old but that is a really BROAD range. Im afraid it might require immediate service. I heard a standard AP maintenance could cost around $3000USD. Does the .05 at the end of the reference number indicate it was made in 2005??

3. I am also considering a AP 26320 (white) New if I dont pick up this 25721ST.OO.1000ST.05. Any opinions or suggestions?

any input at all would be GREATLY appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1702.jpg (78.5 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1703.jpg (68.6 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1704.jpg (70.9 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1705.jpg (81.1 KB, 174 views)
waisoserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2015, 05:28 AM   #2
Abdullasaif
"TRF" Member

Watch: bipolar
1. Seems like a good price not too over priced

2. When i get second hand watches i make sure its a reliable seller and it has the papers if not its just a trust thing with the seller, they should be able to know the watches details at some ADs. I don't think the 05 says its from 2005. 6-10 years needs service $3000K for service is usually when they need to replace parts check with a AD to know the cost estimate for the service.

3. I much prefer the AP 26320 over this ROO, especially new and the watch is from 2012 so you don't have to stress by sending straight to service
Abdullasaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2015, 06:57 AM   #3
mspeed76
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
it looks to be in excellent condition and i love that blue dial~

i wouldnt trust anyone but AP to service it..

a movement service should be more like $1250.. and simply due to the age, yeah it may be due for a service but I would just wear it until it has a problem
mspeed76 is offline   Reply With Quote