The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 12 June 2015, 04:22 PM   #1
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Ceramic diver in the UK

I'm new to AP so this may of been common knowledge to you guys!

I'm going to view a SS diver but also wanted to see the ceramic but have been informed since its boutique only and in the UK we don't have one then the ceramic diver is not available in the UK!

Contacted what I thought was the UK AP boutique but later found out is was AP UK LTD and the lady on the phone their wasn't overly helpful and also corrected me straight away when I said I had heard its a discontinued model, saying it was only introduced around a year ago why would it be discontinued!

Spoke with AP customers services who also corrected me when I mentioned I had heard its discontinued and they told me it's a current model and still in production! The guy was really helpful but said he would have to contact AP UK to see if they could get one in for me, found that slightly odd AP CS had to ask AP UK about getting the ceramic model in! He came back within the hour and said no unfortunately AP UK cannot get it in and I would need to travel to an AP boutique in another country.

Well I'm off to see the SS Diver at the weekend, in an ideal world if of liked to of seen the ceramic even though it's out of my price range! Shame as I'm loving the flurry of pics up here recently.

Wonder if I asked them nicely would they fit a ceramic bezel to the SS diver
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2015, 04:46 PM   #2
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
I agree that the ceramic bezel would look GREAT on a SS Diver.
If AP did that, they'd fly off the shelves!
bondtoys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2015, 11:14 PM   #3
jdkrut
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
There have been a lot of posts on here that the ceramic diver has been discontinued. Is that true?
jdkrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2015, 04:48 AM   #4
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkrut View Post
There have been a lot of posts on here that the ceramic diver has been discontinued. Is that true?
The forum consensus is yes its discontinued and members have had confirmation from various boutiques, however as above the representative on the phone at the AP customer services and the lady I spoke to at AP UK LTD both said its not discontinued and a current model.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2015, 05:18 AM   #5
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
I wish

This is my first post here. I've been a long time watch lover and have recently sold my Omega PO 9300 and Panerai 311 to acquire the AP Diver. I went back and forth between the ceramic and the as. The perfect one would be in titanium, with a ceramic bezel and ceramic crowns. I contacted AP who got to me to say they aren't available for that model even though I ass the internals for the crown and size of the bezel soul be the same as other models that use those parts. I'm from Toronto and was in Vegas and saw the ceramic at the boutique. I was told it was discontinued. So for me it'll be the same diver with bracelet! I can't wait!

Everett
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote