The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 2 October 2018, 08:01 AM   #1
sethwick
"TRF" Member

AP Beverly Hills

So I stopped into the AP AD in Beverly Hills to try on some models... Wanted to check out some ROs and ROOs.. All they had was like 1 or 2 chrono divers. I left without trying anything on. This was ~3 weeks ago.
Where am I supposed to try these on?
sethwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 08:09 AM   #2
79280_116520
"TRF" Member

Perhaps other AP dealers in your area? Sometimes dealers have better stock than boutiques, depending on the location.
79280_116520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 10:33 AM   #3
Jacobkg
"TRF" Member

That’s disappointing! I was thinking of stopping to Beverly Hills later in the week.
Jacobkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 10:44 AM   #4
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Is there something specific you’re looking for? Unfortunately even “boutiques” don’t have the basic lineup in stock anymore.
Old 2 October 2018, 11:29 PM   #5
sethwick
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Is there something specific you’re looking for? Unfortunately even “boutiques” don’t have the basic lineup in stock anymore.
Just wanted to try on a royal oak and an offshore diver..just to see how they sat on my wrist. I think all ADs should at least keep a basic lineup in stores..
Old 3 October 2018, 03:01 AM   #6
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
ALtho I have not been yet myself, I think you could find some at the grey sellers in the DTLA jewelry district... Also, Patrick, OCRoleyGuy, may have some and his office is right in huntington beach. Good Luck!
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 03:17 AM   #7
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethwick View Post
So I stopped into the AP AD in Beverly Hills to try on some models... Wanted to check out some ROs and ROOs.. All they had was like 1 or 2 chrono divers. I left without trying anything on. This was ~3 weeks ago.
Where am I supposed to try these on?
BH AP is good for two things... Getting an adjustment or a bottle of water.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 03:41 AM   #8
jumpmandk
"TRF" Member

Couldn't agree more
jumpmandk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 04:00 AM   #9
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. At the end of the day they need to sell watches. And if you consolidate sales channels but have no inventory in these distribution channels, how does this help? I basically never bother to go anymore (unless I need a strap or something like that) because they never have anything in stock and everything is wait list that they may or may not take a name for.

And its not like they are going to only have company owned stores (so that they can capture the spread), they will still be wholesaling via West Time (for example) with the appearance of an AP boutique.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 04:38 AM   #10
henry333
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
Went there about a month or so ago. Nothing
henry333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 04:57 AM   #11
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Must be in some local greys.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 07:02 AM   #12
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Seems AP's new strategy is to make customers wait 3 months for entry level pieces like the 15400 etc. Not sure it makes sense but that is what I gather. Better than patek where you will never be offered such a piece as a new buyer. Times sure have changed.
Old 3 October 2018, 08:42 AM   #13
Chary
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15407ST
Crazy.. not sure where will we be in 2-3 years... I doubt everybody is going to be willing to buy pieces unseen...

Instagram: Chary1
Chary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 09:34 AM   #14
R!$
Banned

call ahead of time
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2018, 04:06 AM   #15
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
Went there for the first time last week and the man behind the downstairs counter couldn't have been more disinterested in answering my question about strap options for my two ROOC's even though he was standing in a store devoid of both people and product to sell.
STARK contrast to the Venice boutique who were welcoming as could be when I visited in August - and again the same warm reception when my girl stopped by without me on a girl's trip to Venice a few weeks later.

I'm in the sales game myself so I understand both sides of the coin but shit some people really don't make you want to spend money with them. Can't say I have any desire to drop by BH AP again any time soon.
Old 4 October 2018, 10:34 AM   #16
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
Went there for the first time last week and the man behind the downstairs counter couldn't have been more disinterested in answering my question about strap options for my two ROOC's even though he was standing in a store devoid of both people and product to sell.
STARK contrast to the Venice boutique who were welcoming as could be when I visited in August - and again the same warm reception when my girl stopped by without me on a girl's trip to Venice a few weeks later.

I'm in the sales game myself so I understand both sides of the coin but shit some people really don't make you want to spend money with them. Can't say I have any desire to drop by BH AP again any time soon.
Worst boutique, they are terrible. I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about. I got the same treatment, said thanks walked out and bought my RO form another AD week later.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 12:58 AM   #17
sethwick
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
Worst boutique, they are terrible. I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about. I got the same treatment, said thanks walked out and bought my RO form another AD week later.
Did you buy in LA? Westime?
Old 6 October 2018, 02:14 AM   #18
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethwick View Post
Did you buy in LA? Westime?
No, Westime seemed like they were already phasing out the APs at the time to go all boutique, besides that's their boutique (BH).
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 03:42 AM   #19
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
I am a bit thirsty today, so maybe I need to stop by
Old 6 October 2018, 03:47 AM   #20
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
No, Westime seemed like they were already phasing out the APs at the time to go all boutique, besides that's their boutique (BH).
Out of curiosity, what other authorized options are in LA proper besides Westime? Looking at their website, besides the boutique it looks like the closest store is Westime. Also, didn't know Traditional Jewelers in Newport carries AP (at least according to the AP site). I bought my Lange there years ago (when they were phasing out Lange inventory after the boutique opened up at SCP) and have never seen any APs there...

Regarding the BH boutique, I'm reluctant to go back there after getting a very cold and condescending treatment from a sales person there. I simply walked in asking if they had any 15450s and 15400s, regardless of dial color. I explained to him I was very interested in adding a RO to my collection, but given my wrist size, was unsure of which size I'd ultimately go for. I also told him I was open to the different dial color options (specifically the black and white) and fully understood the blue would be a tough piece to get my name on a waiting list for as a first time customer. Bottom-line, I was very open minded when I walked in and was treated like someone who had no idea what he was looking for and crazy to think I could just walk in and try on a RO. It was one of those experiences where you'd have to see it for yourself to fully appreciate how condescending some of his delivery was. Also - I know what you have on your wrist when you walk in shouldn't matter, but frankly I would have thought having a white Daytona on would have maybe helped this guy realize I wasn't just another Rodeo Drive tourist casually walking through the store.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 04:11 AM   #21
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Out of curiosity, what other authorized options are in LA proper besides Westime? Looking at their website, besides the boutique it looks like the closest store is Westime. Also, didn't know Traditional Jewelers in Newport carries AP (at least according to the AP site). I bought my Lange there years ago (when they were phasing out Lange inventory after the boutique opened up at SCP) and have never seen any APs there...

Regarding the BH boutique, I'm reluctant to go back there after getting a very cold and condescending treatment from a sales person there. I simply walked in asking if they had any 15450s and 15400s, regardless of dial color. I explained to him I was very interested in adding a RO to my collection, but given my wrist size, was unsure of which size I'd ultimately go for. I also told him I was open to the different dial color options (specifically the black and white) and fully understood the blue would be a tough piece to get my name on a waiting list for as a first time customer. Bottom-line, I was very open minded when I walked in and was treated like someone who had no idea what he was looking for and crazy to think I could just walk in and try on a RO. It was one of those experiences where you'd have to see it for yourself to fully appreciate how condescending some of his delivery was. Also - I know what you have on your wrist when you walk in shouldn't matter, but frankly I would have thought having a white Daytona on would have maybe helped this guy realize I wasn't just another Rodeo Drive tourist casually walking through the store.
Hing Wa Lee in San Gabriel and walnut carries AP but when I was there a couple months ago, their cases were pretty bare as well. I have to say, you do get the salesperson follows you all around the store treatment though when you’re there, or at least I did.

In regards to traditionals in Newport, I’m not sure when they got AP, but the last couples of times I visited, within about two years, they always had AP. I have to say that the last time I was there, I received the same treatment you got at BH. Sales guy, forgot his name, kept reiterating how I cannot get any RO’s without buying some in stock pieces, in which they had like 7 watches total in the case, and that condescending tone you spoke of was on full display. I also happen to wear a white ceramic Daytona that day but of course it did me no good. I cannot wait to get my blue RO and go back in that store (oh and this sales guy said he could get me a boutique blue 15400 for me in about 5 years after I purchased several pieces from him) what a joke
Old 6 October 2018, 06:21 AM   #22
Plastique999
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC Toledo 1952
Agree with above,
Hing Wa Lee (also has a store in Roland Heights) and Tradional Jewelers.
The AP in BH is tiny and useless.
Also if your in Vegas......many boutiques there

Sent from my Zeitwerk
Plastique999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 06:32 AM   #23
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post

You should have shown them your Instagram! LOL. BH is one of the weirdest places in the country. I was there a few months ago and went to Rolex, AP, Panerai and maybe A. Lange? Everyone was very nice but I did notice that making a sale was not very important to any of them. I think they likely get so much business from wealthy folks walking up and down the road that they don't need to be on their "A" game. Nobody even said hi to me at Rolex on Rodeo. I walked around for ten minutes looking in cases, they couldn't be bothered.
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 07:11 AM   #24
Jacobkg
"TRF" Member

For what it’s worth I dropped by Hing Wa Lee jewelers in San Gabriel today and they had a 15450 ruthenium dual available for purchase that I was able to try on. I didn’t buy it so it’s probably still there.
Old 13 October 2018, 07:53 AM   #25
Jacobkg
"TRF" Member

BH just got a big shipment of stainless yesterday. No 15400 but there is a white dial 15450.
Old 13 October 2018, 04:25 PM   #26
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

when i went in June, they literally had 3 or 4 watches only. I asked the only sales person in the store and she admitted their sales was too good that they were constantly out of stock.
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2018, 11:15 PM   #27
rebel_1
"TRF" Member

Did you try the new Dee Tee OC Watch Club?
Old 14 October 2018, 10:37 AM   #28
artp1085
Banned

bh botique bs

l was about to order an AP 15400 ss black. They wanted full payment$17800 plus 200 for s and h. I have bought many watches and never was charged for s and h let alone pre pay in full. I sent an email to AP about this
and was contacted quickly by Florida boutique. no s and h and 25% down. Had watch in a month and they were very professional.
artp1085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2018, 08:17 PM   #29
vakman
"TRF" Member

Watch: The watch.!
What is S and H ?
Old 14 October 2018, 09:04 PM   #30
Gh0st0
"TRF" Member

Shipping and handling, most places want % of the piece to show there is interest.
Gh0st0 is offline   Reply With Quote