The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 February 2019, 10:51 AM   #1
blown5.0
"TRF" Member

Thoughts on the 15400ST?

Just starting to get to know AP a bit more. I would love to know your thoughts on the 15400ST (especially in white) as it relates to comparable offerings from other brands. Is the Rolex equivalent the DJ?

Also is it APs most popular model? I hear people complain about the movement being too small for the case, but is there actually a pragmatic issue with this? Would love your general thoughts on this model. Thanks
blown5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2019, 11:31 AM   #2
zahain
"TRF" Member

The 15400 isnt the entry level watch / comparison to a datejust as its double the price retail wise, finish and quality. The white dial isn't everyones favorite, but when in the sun it shines and has a very nice look to it. Yes the movement caseback is small but many people dont care and if it really bothers you, the 15500 was just annouced fixing all the small grimes about the watch (larger date, movement larger to caseback, ect)

The Royal Oak is AP's best seller but all of their watch lineup look the same but if you're talking about the 37,39,41mm then yes.

The Royal Oak bracelet finishing, bezel and overall design speaks on another level compared to Rolex. Once you come over you dont go back and all Rolex looks to be lower quality.
zahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2019, 11:44 AM   #3
Mldrake
"TRF" Member

I wouldn’t compare Rolex and AP, they are doing different things. AP much more niche, you are paying for better finishing and less common pieces. Rolex way more suited to daily wear. I love both brands, my RO gets less wear as I perceive it to be more delicate. It also had movement failure within 18 months of purchase. It’s a beauty though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mldrake is offline   Reply With Quote