The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 15 February 2024, 07:38 AM   #1
cdmorenot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
AT Silver Dial

Hey gang!

I have a void in my collection that I absolutely must fill.

I decided that the next watch in my lineup has to be a white dial watch. The obvious choice would be SMP white dial which I think is gorgeous. Problem is I already own the black SMP and it is one of my favorite watches and the one that gets the most wrist time. It's absolutely perfect.

Because I don't want to have the same exact watch, I started to look at the Aqua Terra Silver Dial with the black and orange accents.

The other contender is the Panerai Luminor Base white dial.

Does anyone here own this watch and can share a few words about how comfortable it is? In person, under normal lighting, does the dial look more white than it does silver?

I do not have the ability to view this watch in person prior to buying. While I have tried other AT's in the past, I have never tried one on the rubber strap.

Any insight is appreciated!

Pic of my SMP for good measure.

Thanks.

Old 15 February 2024, 07:57 AM   #2
-dustin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Friend of mine recently got a 1564(?)...white dial on bracelet. That dial is WHITE. Whereas the AT dial, by comparison, is white-ish. The accents on the AT do pop quite a bit, and particular reference is by far my favorite of that series. If you want WHITE, though, I'm not sure if that'd check the box. At least not when looking at it side by side with that Panerai dial.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 09:41 AM   #3
cdmorenot

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
Friend of mine recently got a 1564(?)...white dial on bracelet. That dial is WHITE. Whereas the AT dial, by comparison, is white-ish. The accents on the AT do pop quite a bit, and particular reference is by far my favorite of that series. If you want WHITE, though, I'm not sure if that'd check the box. At least not when looking at it side by side with that Panerai dial.
Thank you for your reply. I think I am OK with "whiteish" - I've spent numerous hours looking for whatever is white out there...

At first the list was four: Cartier Santos, DJ Flat Oyster White Dial, the Panerai and finally the AT ..

As much as I wanted to like the Santos, I didn't. I just don't think I am ready for a squared watch. The DJ is somewhat redundant as I already have one (different combo though) same as the SMP situation.

That left me with the AT and the Panerai. Between the two, I feel like the AT is FAR SUPERIOR in every aspect at 41mm it will fit my wrist perfectly.

I'm hoping someone will throw some photos in here from "the real world" otherwise I'll have to figure out a way to get close to this on my next trip.
Old 15 February 2024, 10:56 AM   #4
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
I can’t help you with a white dial, but my AT is 41mm on the rubber strap. It fits my 7.2” wrist very comfortably, and is a bit tall. Not Planet Ocean tall, fits under most shirt cuffs.

The 8900 movement runs well, -2 or -3 seconds per day. The strap looks great, and the clasp is very smooth.

I’ve had it almost two years, overall it’s a great watch.

I’m curious, do you have a favorite Omega AD? I do, bought a ton of watches from him, in NJ, I still do. PM me if you’re interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0606.jpeg (113.3 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0421.jpeg (137.0 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0605.jpeg (108.1 KB, 90 views)
Old 15 February 2024, 11:01 AM   #5
cdmorenot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T View Post
I can’t help you with a white dial, but my AT is 41mm on the rubber strap. It fits my 7.2” wrist very comfortably, and is a bit tall. Not Planet Ocean tall, fits under most shirt cuffs.

The 8900 movement runs well, -2 or -3 seconds per day. The strap looks great, and the clasp is very smooth.

I’ve had it almost two years, overall it’s a great watch.

I’m curious, do you have a favorite Omega AD? I do, bought a ton of watches from him, in NJ, I still do. PM me if you’re interested.
Looks incredible! These guys know what they are doing with their dials. I appreciate the insight on the fit. The primary reason I'm going with rubber is because of the comfort.

I do not have a AD in NJ (Which is Home) but would love info. I'll PM you. Thanks again !
Old 15 February 2024, 04:17 PM   #6
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
In my opinion the dial (and the watch overall) is notably more striking in person than in photos. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you open the box.

I think Omega sometimes describes the dial as Opaline, and I think that's a fitting term for it: lustrous and silvery, and not merely white.

The strap and deployant clasp are super comfy. I use OEM Omega alligator straps and deployant clasps on my Speedmaster Pro and my Aqua Terra and I love the fit and functionality.

I recall the first time I handled the current Aqua Terra on rubber and being pleasantly surprised at how flexible, soft and comfortable that strap is

I recommend the AT you're considering. I think you'll dig it

My AT on OEM leather...

AEC is offline   Reply With Quote