The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 January 2024, 09:12 AM   #61
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Watch: the shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk77 View Post
I see what you're saying OP and understand why you're annoyed at that.

My Submariner bezel is slightly misaligned but doesn't bother me enough to have it looked at. I'll mention when I take for a service and if it can be aligned properly then great.

Maybe you should do the same, or if you feel so inclined, take to your AD and see if there is anything that they can do. Maybe a simple fix if you can find an AD with an approved watchmaker in-house.

That’s exactly how i see it. None of this is enough to bother me to sell the watch or even send it in. I’m just stating a growing trend i’m noticing. Just didn’t think i’d be gaslighted this much lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silvio Mosiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 09:38 AM   #62
azhiker54
"TRF" Member

Watch: DATEJUST 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvio Mosiello View Post
That’s exactly how i see it. None of this is enough to bother me to sell the watch or even send it in. I’m just stating a growing trend i’m noticing. Just didn’t think i’d be gaslighted this much lol

Well, you have questioned the Holy grail of Rolex owners. After all, we justify the high prices, long wait times, finicky AD's to the perfection that rolex builds into their watches.

When you bring light on this...well, this crowd of divas and "wanna-be's' get upset. When they get upset, like most folks nowadays, they shoot the messenger. Its not you they are mad at, its themselves for putting up with second class merchandise all to have that 'rolex flex'!

Of course I just base this on the comments that Ive seen here in this forum for the last couple of months.
azhiker54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 09:43 AM   #63
TomCarter
"TRF" Member

Those are super rare “high date” aka “Error date” models.
TomCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 09:44 AM   #64
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:

Ouch. On a pave!!

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 09:48 AM   #65
Duralex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
Ouch. On a pave!!

Haha good one! Of course, I assume you’re joking but it can be hard to tell on occasion.
Duralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 09:49 AM   #66
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Didn't read the entire thread, but the date seems lined up perfectly on my watches.
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 09:51 AM   #67
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’ve been seeing this more and more where a Rolex will have a date that sits way too high up in the window and quite frankly it just looks silly and screams lazy QC.

I used to think it was something that they perhaps intentionally did to make it easier to see the date at a glance, but if that was the case I don’t think i’d also see so many Rolex’s with centered dates. In my experience l, it seems to be more common on modern DJ,DD,EXP 2 and SD.

Honestly, I don’t think this is me being overly picky. It’s beneficial for enthusiasts to call out things that bother them especially when it comes to something that is magnified on the dial.

There is no reason why my $650 PRX should have a centered date wheel yet my DD40 is just at the point where it is about to cut into the font. I’ve gotten better at not sweating the small stuff but any blemish you can see with the naked eye on a luxury watch is fair game to be called out imo.

Do you know what else is obvious in all those pictures? You can see the entire rehaut at 6 o'clock and none of it at 12. The pictures are obviously taken from above the center...opposite of where you'd look from if it was on your wrist. I am.not so sure it even should be centered. If it was centered it would always look off when you look at it. Try it...it's completely unnatural to look at it dead on.
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 09:54 AM   #68
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
Do you know what else is obvious in all those pictures? You can see the entire rehaut at 6 o'clock and none of it at 12. The pictures are obviously taken from above the center.

Third time posting this

Old 24 January 2024, 09:59 AM   #69
Duralex
Banned

Growing trend…people inventing stuff, because internet.
Duralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 09:59 AM   #70
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Third time posting this

OK...I should just mind my own business anyhow. I don't even own a watch with a date window, much less a crystal wart.

Today is the 23rd, yesterday was the 22nd all day long.
Old 24 January 2024, 09:59 AM   #71
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Didn't read the entire thread, but the date seems lined up perfectly on my watches.

I’m glad. They usually are just some aren’t

Old 24 January 2024, 10:00 AM   #72
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duralex View Post
Haha good one! Of course, I assume you’re joking but it can be hard to tell on occasion.

Thku! Yeah, my wife tells me my sense of humor is too “thin.”

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 10:08 AM   #73
cht
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:

What are you talking about? There is 0 reason why you shouldn’t be able to see the additional white part of the date wheel when the entire window is visibile. Just took this with the watch pointed as down as possible right before the top portion of the date window disappears and you can clearly see the additional white part of the date wheel above the 22 where as with the pave DD there is 0.

You are correct…not sure why some members here are refusing to acknowledge an issue that you observed.

I’d just ignore them, your observation is valid, they clearly don’t want to accept the fact that Rolex is not immune to defects.

I agree that it is frustrating at this price point. That’s why it’s important to check out your watch (or anything that is considered an expansive purchase to you) and do your due diligence to make sure it’s free of defects, whether from the manufacturer or acquired.
cht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 10:16 AM   #74
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
I checked my 2019 Sub Date today, looks perfectly centered. Just so happens I was at a Rolex AD this afternoon, I made a point of looking closely at a Sub Date, Seadweller, a couple of GMT’s and DateJusts; they were all spot on.

I mentioned it to the SA, she said “I saw that thread this morning, so I checked a few myself. I don’t know what that guy’s seeing”.
Old 24 January 2024, 10:25 AM   #75
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Growing trend: Date set too high in date wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duralex View Post
Growing trend…people inventing stuff, because internet.

Cool! Prove me wrong then like you said you would!

Let everyone see how smart you are bro I’m still waiting and I’m sure others would like to have your invaluable input as well.

These are all taken from the exact same angle. Please educate me on why on the DD40 only there is less white on top of the date than on any other watch I posted and how it is magically just a paralax error on this one watch ( the exp 2 doesn’t have the best alignment but not as bad as the DD40 )

I already showed a photo of under the cyclops as well clearly showing that the date was significantly higher on the DD40 than my submariner.

I understand how from certain angles ( especially when looking from above the watch ) , the date may look higher in the wheel. However; when you look from the same angle and have the entire date wheel in view, you can clearly see the date has almost no white above it and is about almost being cut off by the border of the aperture.

Once again, I invite you to enlighten us with your boundless knowledge of optical physics that you clearly possess on how this is possible.

TIA.

Old 24 January 2024, 11:07 AM   #76
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Cool! Prove me wrong then like you said you would!

Let everyone see how smart you are bro I’m still waiting and I’m sure others would like to have your invaluable input as well.

These are all taken from the exact same angle. Please educate me on why on the DD40 only there is less white on top of the date than on any other watch I posted and how it is magically just a paralax error on this one watch ( the exp 2 doesn’t have the best alignment but not as bad as the DD40 )

I already showed a photo of under the cyclops as well clearly showing that the date was significantly higher on the DD40 than my submariner.

I understand how from certain angles ( especially when looking from above the watch ) , the date may look higher in the wheel. However; when you look from the same angle and have the entire date wheel in view, you can clearly see the date has almost no white above it and is about almost being cut off by the border of the aperture.

Once again, I invite you to enlighten us with your boundless knowledge of optical physics that you clearly possess on how this is possible.

TIA.

What about when you look at it on your wrist like a normal person does?
Old 24 January 2024, 11:35 AM   #77
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
What about when you look at it on your wrist like a normal person does?

I posted pics of that. Here is another one. Looks like my other watches but with a date that is higher up and almost touching the border of the aperture while other pieces never do from any angle.

Old 24 January 2024, 11:38 AM   #78
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I posted pics of that. Here is another one. Looks like my other watches but with a date that is higher up and almost touching the border of the aperture while other pieces never do from any angle.

I see.
Old 24 January 2024, 11:40 AM   #79
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Remember the low cyclops magnification issue awhile back some watches had??
Old 24 January 2024, 11:43 AM   #80
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Remember the low cyclops magnification issue awhile back some watches had??

Yes it was like 2.5x or something

Old 24 January 2024, 12:16 PM   #81
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes it was like 2.5x or something

Those were much easier to spot when doing a side by side. Rolex would actually correct those if you sent your watch in. It’s not uncommon for Rolex to have printing errors on dials, etc…. I wonder if they possibly had some printing errors on some date wheels?? That would change the indexing. Regardless, I’m sure it could be corrected if you sent your watch back in if the date widow indexing was off.
Old 24 January 2024, 12:23 PM   #82
painexpert
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Look a plain and simple fact the date wheel cannot move,but when the put the dial on the movement top plate there is a very very tiny w bit of lateral movement both ways But many of today's Rolex love to examine their watches for very very miniscule what they call faults,I sometimes wonder why these people buy Rolex watches perhaps to moan about them.
This is not a straight on pic.

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"-Oscar Wilde

"Never Allow Someone To Be Your Priority While Allowing Yourself To Be Their Option"-Mark Twain
painexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 12:42 PM   #83
favx
2024 Pledge Member

Checked my Daydate and it looks pretty normal to me.
favx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 12:43 PM   #84
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Those were much easier to spot when doing a side by side. Rolex would actually correct those if you sent your watch in. It’s not uncommon for Rolex to have printing errors on dials, etc…. I wonder if they possibly had some printing errors on some date wheels?? That would change the indexing. Regardless, I’m sure it could be corrected if you sent your watch back in if the date widow indexing was off.
Funny that you bring that up because my day date has a small piece of ink missing on the 15 date I didn't even bring that up though because it was unrelated
Old 24 January 2024, 12:56 PM   #85
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT

Quote:
Funny that you bring that up because my day date has a small piece of ink missing on the 15 date I didn't even bring that up though because it was unrelated

My Omega Seamaster has that problem. A little bit of ink is missing on 8. It’s annoying but since I rotate between 5 watches, the odds of me ever noticing it again are not that good. Only a 20% chance of me randomly selecting that watch to wear on the 8th day of any given month.

Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 01:01 PM   #86
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

It’s a misprint in that particular printing allotment then. Rolex will absolutely fix it under warranty but I would need something else on the watch to be addressed like regulated, etc…before I would send it in. I would wait right before the warranty runs out and then send it in if the watch is running well now.
Old 24 January 2024, 01:13 PM   #87
steveclr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660
Quote:
Originally Posted by cht View Post
You are correct…not sure why some members here are refusing to acknowledge an issue that you observed.

I’d just ignore them, your observation is valid, they clearly don’t want to accept the fact that Rolex is not immune to defects.

I agree that it is frustrating at this price point. That’s why it’s important to check out your watch (or anything that is considered an expansive purchase to you) and do your due diligence to make sure it’s free of defects, whether from the manufacturer or acquired.
I second this. Do people actually think that the OP hasn't moved the watches around a little bit before posting this? Some of those pictures show an obvious misalignment.
steveclr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 04:09 PM   #88
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Hey, at least you guys have the Cyclops on the right side. Rolex got it all backward on my dad's Robin.

batman_robin.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 08:00 PM   #89
geoach
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610lv y96xxxx
I think my 18078 is not centered and it's on purpose.........I can see the date with slight turn of my arm rather than totally turning it all the way to see straight on
geoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 12:03 AM   #90
GONZO2LR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Look a plain and simple fact the date wheel cannot move,but when the put the dial on the movement top plate there is a very very tiny w bit of lateral movement both ways But many of today's Rolex love to examine their watches for very very miniscule what they call faults,I sometimes wonder why these people buy Rolex watches perhaps to moan about them.
I moan about mine...but in a good way!
GONZO2LR is offline   Reply With Quote