The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 8 June 2019, 06:41 AM   #91
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

You've done your homework. The Serious Fraud Squad at New Scotland Yard will have a field day with this open and shut case of fraud.
Old 8 June 2019, 06:49 AM   #92
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
You've done your homework. The Serious Fraud Squad at New Scotland Yard will have a field day with this open and shut case of fraud.
They have far bigger fish to fry sadly. Nothing will happen.
Old 8 June 2019, 06:51 AM   #93
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrolexsub View Post
They have far bigger fish to fry sadly. Nothing will happen.
Sad but entirely true.
Old 8 June 2019, 07:06 AM   #94
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

I'm sure the management team at Harlequins would love to know this miscreant hasn't been laying idle during is convalescence.
Old 8 June 2019, 09:22 AM   #95
johnlogan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKMGN0 View Post
Appears so, most definitive proof is him contacting an Instagram page...

Same name, same guy.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=679718

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=679718
SKMGN0 you are def an uncool guy! Pls delete the RWI stuff.
Old 8 June 2019, 10:09 PM   #96
Ian Macdermott
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
Subscribed
Old 8 June 2019, 11:06 PM   #97
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlogan View Post
SKMGN0 you are def an uncool guy! Pls delete the RWI stuff.
Old 10 June 2019, 08:51 AM   #98
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Fake 1665 DRSD being advertised here with falsified papers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post

What John was referencing is that the OP is running parallel threads over on a watch replica forum called RWI. Many of the screen shots the OP posted here were originally posted on RWI.

Some RWI members have quoted comments being made here on this topic - especially deriding the 4000+ views of the scammer’s TRF listing for the 5513 that was fake - without any takedown until the OP outed the scammer. Definitely good work by the OP.

So as of today the OP’s new thread here has been locked. We get it, the scammer has been identified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 10 June 2019, 09:16 AM   #99
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

I fail to see how this makes the OP "uncool".

Seems pretty darn cool to me to be able to put this level of research and detail into a thread...
Old 10 June 2019, 09:32 AM   #100
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDIESEL View Post

Seems pretty darn cool to me to be able to put this level of research and detail into a thread...
Agreed. Looking forward to hearing about the OP's other evidence.
Old 10 June 2019, 09:43 AM   #101
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDIESEL View Post

I’ll let John speak for himself.

What I understood his statement to mean was uncool to post replica forum content here...

I agree that the OP has done some serious work on this matter.

Old 10 June 2019, 09:45 AM   #102
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

Ah, could be the case. I may have misunderstood.

What I gathered from the other thread (locked) was that people were beginning to be suspicious that the OP was going in to such great detail, seemed some Members here were eluding to the fact they suspected a personal vendetta.

I (for one) don't see what difference it makes what his motivation is, the information is now out and has yet to be refuted.
Old 10 June 2019, 02:51 PM   #103
rolehex

SKMGN0 you saved somebody a lot of money, Kudos to you sir.
Old 10 June 2019, 05:13 PM   #104
uncleluck
"TRF" Member

Why was the other thread locked, seems pretty unfair considering the huge effort OP went to. If it is against some rule then why not delete it but locking it so people can’t have their reply is darn frustrating when it’s just sat there. I wrote out a long reply at the time and hit post only to find that it’s been locked during so. Also would have been nice to hear back from the scammer.
Old 10 June 2019, 08:47 PM   #105
wx_073
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
OP great work done, you should be hired by FBI.
Old 10 June 2019, 10:12 PM   #106
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolehex View Post
SKMGN0 you saved somebody a lot of money, Kudos to you sir.

Absolutely! Perhaps a number of people.

I don’t know why some seem to be so sympathetic to the scammer and want to protect him.
Old 10 June 2019, 10:18 PM   #107
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhein View Post

I don’t know why some seem to be so sympathetic to the scammer and want to protect him.

I think it’s the rhetoric to which some are reflexively responding. Moderate derision is expected - on the other thread the rhetoric took a dive into attacks.

If this thread stays open for OP to provide new information it will be up to us readers to remain calm and just look at the facts of the matter.

OP stated he found another case of fraud by the same scammer. The victim could well be a member here, so it’s important to see what the OP can verify as the facts of this be case of a 16610T fake that was sold.

Old 10 June 2019, 11:02 PM   #108
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I think it’s the rhetoric to which some are reflexively responding. Moderate derision is expected - on the other thread the rhetoric took a dive into attacks.

If this thread stays open for OP to provide new information it will be up to us readers to remain calm and just look at the facts of the matter.

OP stated he found another case of fraud by the same scammer. The victim could well be a member here, so it’s important to see what the OP can verify as the facts of this be case of a 16610T fake that was sold.

I agree with this. Afterall, would you start at the cream of vintage pieces, or more likely at common references like a 16610, 16710 etc etc
Old 10 June 2019, 11:31 PM   #109
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhein View Post
Absolutely! Perhaps a number of people.

I wasn’t going to respond any more to these threads. I am going to though just to set the record straight.

I’m in no way whatsoever sympathetic to the scammer. The person behind this needs punishing to the full extent of the law. If this was directed at me, you need to pull your thinking away from the dark ages.

What I take umbrage at is the depth the OP went to, to ‘expose’ the name and incredibly personal details of the alleged scammer, based on what appears to be hearsay and amateur google detective work.

It seems the OP has made it his personal mission to utterly destroy the person he named as being the scammer.

What if it’s some sort of personal vendetta against the named person?

What evidence have we seen so far that the person named is in fact the scammer? Concrete evidence, not a ‘source’ that has so far remained anonymous. And not just because the OP says so.

From the evidence you’ve seen can you say with 100% certainty that the person named is absolutely without a doubt the seller of the watches? No, you can’t. That’s where my problem lies.

Not that anyone in this thread is this way inclined, but hypothetically speaking, if you were a scammer with an IQ in double digits, would you use your real name, phone number, email address etc to try to scam someone for hundreds of thousands of pounds? No, you wouldn’t.

So what if this is a case of stolen identity?

According to the OP, the scammer is a professional UK rugby player. I’ve done some digging on this before I posted in the other thread. Another now banned account that sold a k serial 16610 and a 116610LN on this very forum, that appears to be linked to ‘comex5514’ gives us another name. The profession of this other name? A professional UK footballer. Coincidence? The OP said himself, the scammer is a fan of alias’.

What if someone had stolen your identity to scam people on watches for 6 figure sums?

Would you be happy having the OP ‘name and shame’ you and post personal details including photographs of you and posting the name of your place of work? And for all this to be linked to you forever through a simple google search of your very distinctive name. Or would you rather he of gone to the police, and the police had spoken to you and realised that this is a case of ID fraud?

The OP done a great job pulling up the DRSD and the other linked watches. However, any respect gained for that has been well and truly lost from me. The OP now dragging this on like some sort of trash tv series using phrases such as ‘stay tuned’. I am now starting to wonder why the OP is taking so much pleasure from this and putting so much time in to this sh*t show.

By all means, post all the known user names, emails, telephone numbers associated with the fraudulent watches. But naming and posting personal pictures of someone who may be entirely innocent was a step too far.

This has the potential to ruin lives, would you employ someone accused of a six figure fraud? Or any fraud for that matter? The thread is now ranking in google quite high up, and even if deleted, will still be accessible in a cached version. (As far as I’m aware, I’m not an IT person).

The personal details absolutely should have been handed to the police instead of posted on this forum.

It’s not up to ordinary civilians to play judge, jury and executioner in a civilised society.

And to all you posters congratulating the OP for ‘outing’ and naming the scammer, have you ever sold a watch online? Do you have a forum references for watch sales? Are you respectable and reasonably high up in your chosen profession? This could all to easily be you on the receiving end of a case of a stolen identity and an armchair detective. Have a think about that.

One last thing, before any smart ars* makes a comment, no I do not have any links to the person named as the scammer.
Old 10 June 2019, 11:40 PM   #110
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I wasn’t going to respond any more to these threads. I am going to though just to set the record straight.

I’m in no way whatsoever sympathetic the scammer. The person behind this needs punishing to the full extent of the law.

What I do take umbrage at is the depth the OP went to, to ‘expose’ the name and incredibly personal details of the alleged scammer, based on what appears to be hearsay.

It seems the OP has made it his personal mission to utterly destroy the person he named as being the scammer.

What evidence have we seen so far that the person named is in fact the scammer? Concrete evidence, not a ‘source’ that has so far remained anonymous.

From the evidence you’ve seen can you say with 100% certainty that the person named is absolutely without a doubt the seller of the watches? No, you can’t. That’s where my problem lies.

Not that anyone in this thread is this way inclined, by hypothetically speaking, if you was a scammer with an IQ in double digits, would you use your real name, phone number, email address etc to try to scam someone for hundreds of thousands of pounds? No, you wouldn’t.

According to the OP, the scammer is a professional UK rugby player. I’ve done some digging on this before I posted in the other thread. Another now banned account that sold a k serial 16610 and a 116610LN on this very forum, that appears to be linked to ‘comex5514’ gives us another name. The profession of this other name? A professional UK footballer. Coincidence? The OP said himself, the scammer is a fan of alias’.

What if someone had stolen your identity to scam people on watches for 6 figure sums?

Would you be happy having the OP ‘name and shame’ you and post personal details including photographs of you and posting the name of your place of work? Or would you rather he of gone to the police, and the police had spoken to you so that you could easily clear your name?

The OP done a great job pulling up the DRSD and the other linked watches. Naming and shaming someone who may be entirely innocent was a step too far.

This has the potential to ruin lives, would you employ someone accused of a six figure fraud? The personal details absolutely should have been handed to the police instead of posted on this forum. Its not up to ordinary civilians to play judge, jury and executioner for internet points in a civilised society.
The person that is thought to be the scammer is a reasonably high profile rugby player. He either is or isn't. Easy to disprove if he isn't .
Old 10 June 2019, 11:48 PM   #111
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
The person that is thought to be the scammer is a reasonably high profile rugby player. He either is or isn't. Easy to disprove if he isn't .
And another alias used by comex5514 is a reasonably high profile professional UK footballer. Should we also name him and his workplace, post pictures of him and utterly destroy any chance of future employment, you know, just in case he’s a scammer and so that no one else gets scammed?
Old 11 June 2019, 12:11 AM   #112
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And another alias used by comex5514 is a reasonably high profile professional UK footballer. Should we also name him and his workplace, post pictures of him and utterly destroy any chance of future employment, you know, just in case he’s a scammer and so that no one else gets scammed?
I understand your point. I'm going to take a step back and see what happens beyond this
Old 11 June 2019, 02:14 AM   #113
77T

Quote:

I’m in no way whatsoever sympathetic to the scammer. The person behind this needs punishing to the full extent of the law. If this was directed at me, you need to pull your thinking away from the dark ages.

What I take umbrage at is the depth the OP went to, to ‘expose’ the name and incredibly personal details of the alleged scammer, based on what appears to be hearsay and amateur google detective work.

What evidence have we seen so far that the person named is in fact the scammer? Concrete evidence, not a ‘source’ that has so far remained anonymous. And not just because the OP says so.

Not that anyone in this thread is this way inclined, but hypothetically speaking, if you were a scammer with an IQ in double digits, would you use your real name, phone number, email address etc to try to scam someone for hundreds of thousands of pounds? No, you wouldn’t.

Would you be happy having the OP ‘name and shame’ you and post personal details including photographs of you and posting the name of your place of work? And for all this to be linked to you forever through a simple google search of your very distinctive name. Or would you rather he of gone to the police, and the police had spoken to you and realised that this is a case of ID fraud?

The OP done a great job pulling up the DRSD and the other linked watches. However, any respect gained for that has been well and truly lost from me. The OP now dragging this on like some sort of trash tv series using phrases such as ‘stay tuned’. I am now starting to wonder why the OP is taking so much pleasure from this and putting so much time in to this sh*t show.

By all means, post all the known user names, emails, telephone numbers associated with the fraudulent watches. But naming and posting personal pictures of someone who may be entirely innocent was a step too far.

This has the potential to ruin lives, would you employ someone accused of a six figure fraud? Or any fraud for that matter? The thread is now ranking in google quite high up, and even if deleted, will still be accessible in a cached version. (As far as I’m aware, I’m not an IT person).

The personal details absolutely should have been handed to the police instead of posted on this forum.

It’s not up to ordinary civilians to play judge, jury and executioner in a civilised society.

And to all you posters congratulating the OP for ‘outing’ and naming the scammer, have you ever sold a watch online? Do you have a forum references for watch sales? Are you respectable and reasonably high up in your chosen profession? This could all to easily be you on the receiving end of a case of a stolen identity and an armchair detective. Have a think about that.

One last thing, before any smart ars* makes a comment, no I do not have any links to the person named as the scammer.

It clear from your lengthy post that you feel strongly about your position. So noted.

And the OP is deeply invested in his position as seen here and other places he is posting. So noted.

I doubt anyone will dissuade either of you from your positions.

I’m guessing the Mods here are willing to let this play out and see what’s next on this new claim of a fake 16610T that was sold - allegedly by the same person behind the other 1665 dealio.

Old 11 June 2019, 02:27 AM   #114
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Well the OP seems to have taken offence over the attacks/negative comments on his motives (unfairly I believe).
Therefore we may never know the final outcome of truth versus alleged truth?

Pity.

That said he is on this page now!
A
Old 11 June 2019, 02:32 AM   #115
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Well the OP seems to have taken offence over the attacks/negative comments on his motives (unfairly I believe).
Therefore we may never know the final outcome of truth versus alleged truth?

From what I’ve seen I don’t believe he is faint of heart. I think you can count on seeing any new fraud revelations.

It may not be in this thread; perhaps in another new one focused on any new info.

Old 11 June 2019, 02:34 AM   #116
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
From what I’ve seen I don’t believe he is faint of heart.

LOL

Good news is that the original watches are well exposed! A job well done
Old 11 June 2019, 03:53 AM   #117
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:

Is this new information of TRF origin? The rules prohibit hashing out disputes from other platforms.

We have seen respected members here hacked, phished, and duplicated by scammers. And we always give them the benefit of the doubt. In this case, a brand new member is making accusations about a public figure without demonstrating without a doubt that the individual is actually the perpetrator of the scams. The harm is irreparable, so the proof needs to be bullet proof.

He should post the information provided by people who were scammed, but should not try to interpret anonymous internet posts as fact. For all we know the actual perpetrator is an ex girlfriend trying to mete out revenge. The cops have the means to sort all that out without doxxing people who may have nothing to do with the fraud. We should let them do their work.
Old 11 June 2019, 04:15 AM   #118
Uhtred59
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Quote:

Attorney for the defendant has spoken.
Old 11 June 2019, 04:15 AM   #119
77T

Yeah I see what you’re saying Abdullah...
It is my opinion the OP is gathering data from a wide array of sources.

For example, the one that started this thread was definitely a fake watch in the TRF FS section. Yes, the OP had to use some forensic triangulation (albeit with some dialog on RWI) to close the loop. In such a case, we really don’t have a rule against that. You follow the facts no matter where they lead until you can say with some certainty that such and such watch here on TRF is fake. A Mod here (or perhaps 2) followed this thread and then took down the faked 1665 listing.

Now if the new information is about a fake watch elsewhere, we should apply the same logic we use for fakes on eBay. Post it, chase it, get it deleted.

But we’ll see what develops methinks.

Old 11 June 2019, 06:11 AM   #120
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhtred59 View Post
Attorney for the defendant has spoken.
Thanks for your input. That was incredibly helpful.
Closed Thread