The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 17 August 2019, 01:44 PM   #31
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
Glad someone chimed in on this. That watch does not have the easy tell tale signs that a normal fake does. I went though all of the movement pictures, before i saw the above post, thinking damn. that’s a solid Fake. If the movement is bad, which i don’t believe it is, it’s unbelievably good for a fake.

Many people would have been fooled by this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Shaun
Movement is GENUINE
Everything else fake!
This is a serious ROLEX issue that they are working on!

Sadly many on these forums are still living in the dark ages!
Old 17 August 2019, 01:45 PM   #32
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 gilt chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
PS
They and NO company that a "WATCHMAKER"
A watchmaker - like George Daniels or Roland Murphy MAKE watches.
These people you put your trust in are repair men and woman - no better or worse than plumbers.
They could NOT make one part of a watch!
what should they do now that they have been caught selling a fake Daytona ? Knowing they have probably sold dozens of 116500s over the past few years ? I think as a business they have a responsibility to let past customers know about this incident and disclose the fact their 7 watchmakers are not skilled enough to spot a fake and they should have Rolex look at them.

When most average people spend 20 something grand from a company like this , they assume they can just put the watxh on and it’s genuine and good to go.
Old 17 August 2019, 01:47 PM   #33
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakerhodes View Post
what should they do now that they have been caught selling a fake Daytona ? Knowing they have probably sold dozens of 116500s over the past few years ? I think as a business they have a responsibility to let past customers know about this incident and disclose the fact their 7 watchmakers are not skilled enough to spot a fake and they should have Rolex look at them.

When most average people spend 20 something grand from a company like this , they assume they can just put the watxh on and it’s genuine and good to go.
GO TELL THEM
Its NOT MY issue!!

I am here to help stop people getting duped!
Stop shooting the messenger
They gave you a refund as so they should - PRAISE them for their ultimate honesty
A
Old 17 August 2019, 01:53 PM   #34
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
GO TELL THEM
Its NOT MY issue!!

I am here to help stop people getting duped!
Stop shooting the messenger
They gave you a refund as so they should - PRAISE them for their ultimate honesty
A
Trust me I’ve told them. Sorry I wasn’t trying to shoot you and apologize if I came off that way. Wasn’t my intention at all.

I can’t praise them at all. They got caught red handed selling a fake watch, they really had no other option to refund or they would have been sued. They even tried to talk me out of taking it to Rolex saying it was fine. If they had nothing to worry about I would think the correct response would be to tell the customer to absolutely take it to Rolex to confirm it’s legit.
Old 17 August 2019, 01:58 PM   #35
44x16
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT/74speedy
what a nightmare...
Old 17 August 2019, 02:01 PM   #36
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Trust me I’ve told them. Sorry I wasn’t trying to shoot you and apologize if I came off that way. Wasn’t my intention at all.

I can’t praise them at all. They got caught red handed selling a fake watch, they really had no other option to refund or they would have been sued. They even tried to talk me out of taking it to Rolex saying it was fine. If they had nothing to worry about I would think the correct response would be to tell the customer to absolutely take it to Rolex to confirm it’s legit.
Look
I am not surprised they were duped!
I was duped too, and all the arm chair generals on these forums would get duped.
Most check the movement as the final "bastion" of authenticity - sadly NOT any more!
Rolex know of this, and I learned, updated my course and now teach how tp check this issue out

Thats all I can add
Old 17 August 2019, 02:06 PM   #37
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Look
I was duped too, and all the arm chair generals on these forums would get duped.
Most check the movement as the final "bastion" of authenticity - sadly NOT any more!
Rolex know of this, and I learned, updated my course and now teach how tp check this issue out

Thats all I can add
Cool. Thanks for your insight , much appreciated.

The reason I posted was to tell people not to buy from an absolute garbage company like Swisswatchexpo ( which is exactly what they are ). And if you did unfortunately buy from them like me , get your shit checked out.
Old 17 August 2019, 02:12 PM   #38
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Cool. Thanks for your insight , much appreciated.

The reason I posted was to tell people not to buy from an absolute garbage company like Swisswatchexpo ( which is exactly what they are ). And if you did unfortunately buy from them like me , get your shit checked out.
I am delighted you posted.
To all the doubters - fake Rolex exist with genuine movements, I know it, Rolex knows it (and I have that in writing- NO I won’t post it here)’
And many brokers know it now too
Old 17 August 2019, 02:26 PM   #39
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Where are they getting real Daytona movements that this is so prevalent? They have to be either slipping out or Rolex through the back door- Knowing them, unlikely or the Replica manufactures have invested heavily in Rolex movements. Here is DETAILED Vid of real and fake Sub and Dayton movements, not mine but compliments to the maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upAJE_XhT2Y
Old 17 August 2019, 02:33 PM   #40
offrdmania

That T1G serial on the bracelet clasp is a known fake serial
Old 17 August 2019, 02:33 PM   #41
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
Where are they getting real Daytona movements that this is so prevalent? They have to be either slipping out or Rolex through the back door- Knowing them, unlikely or the Replica manufactures have invested heavily in Rolex movements. Here is DETAILED Vid of real and fake Sub and Dayton movements, not mine but compliments to the maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upAJE_XhT2Y
YAWN.
BORING. Been posted here many times.
Great video, but it’s nothing to do with genuine movements.
There are no Asian or replica movements even close to a Genuine Rolex movement that a blind man could not spot.

There are no , not even close genuine clone movements in functionality
Old 17 August 2019, 02:34 PM   #42
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Too much money being made on these watches these days. And there seems to be more in circulation than were made. Just like sports memorabilia, assume fake first unless it’s from the source or a very very reputable seller.
Old 17 August 2019, 02:42 PM   #43
MP5

Quote:
YAWN.
There are no Asian or replica movements even close to a Genuine Rolex movement that a blind man could not spot.

So you are saying the movements in the vids dont look super close? Should I not trust my lying eyes? What is your theory of a significant amount of genuine Rolex movements in all these Fake cases?
Old 17 August 2019, 02:48 PM   #44
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
So you are saying the movements in the vids dont look super close? Should I not trust my lying eyes? What is your theory of a significant amount of genuine Rolex movements in all these Fake cases?
There are NO fake Asian (or any other country) movements that are even close to a Rolex!
I got no idea, to the full extent of these "ZOMBIE" fakes (Rolex's term) - I once claimed a flood of them to be shot down!
I have reported about 10 and know of more!

They are out there and only ROLEX knows to what extent!
Old 17 August 2019, 02:55 PM   #45
MP5

Im not questioning your expertise or being antagonistic to you, Im questioning my own. Do you not think those movements in that video are too close for comfort or in your experience you can tell them to be miles apart? Genuinely want to know
Old 17 August 2019, 03:07 PM   #46
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
I think what I learn from this is after every private purchase take the watch to Rolex, just to have extra piece of mind. The fakes are getting better and better my the week. Crazy...

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
Old 17 August 2019, 03:15 PM   #47
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic
Wow this is crazy!
Old 17 August 2019, 03:30 PM   #48
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

OP, glad you got your money back.
I wonder how many are running around with fakes and are completely unaware.

Thanks for giving everyone a ‘heads up’ on this seller.
Old 17 August 2019, 03:48 PM   #49
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Look

Thats all I can add

Nope, they should be better than that.

BUT—good on them for refunding. That was certainly their only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
Old 17 August 2019, 04:41 PM   #50
Mr Perfect
Banned

Watch: IC Title
Quote:
There are NO fake Asian (or any other country) movements that are even close to a Rolex!
Wrong.
Old 17 August 2019, 04:53 PM   #51
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
I got no idea, to the full extent of these "ZOMBIE" fakes (Rolex's term) - I once claimed a flood of them to be shot down!
I have reported about 10 and know of more!

They are out there and only ROLEX knows to what extent!
Again, please help me understand how there could be so many authentic movements with all the rest of the watch fake.
Generally, one would think it would be the other way around.

In the automobile world, it makes sense to see “zombies”, where they take a legitimate VIN from a totaled vehicle and then use it in a stolen auto, to pass it off as a repaired one. In that case, there are ample “zombie” wrecked cars and ample cars to be stolen that match that VIN make, model and color.

In this case, there would have to be a flow of source of authentic movements. If theoretically they would have to come from Rolex, how could that be from a company that controls parts so well? There could not possibly be “zombie” trashed cases that offer a similar outcome to that of the auto analogy.

The only possible explanation, for a scenario where they go to such extent to copy the rest of the watch is that they have managed to copy the movement as well.
Old 17 August 2019, 06:16 PM   #52
DoDe
"TRF" Member

On the basis of what, among others, Adam and Shaun says, is it fair to conclude that AD is the only safe place to buy a Rolex. That reputable greys and TS could only be trusted to not intentionally sell a fake watch?
Old 17 August 2019, 10:14 PM   #53
edweather
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio Illuminator
Some of the greys do buy new watches from ADs an resell them.
Old 17 August 2019, 10:41 PM   #54
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Entire watch including movement appears to be fake.

OP if you need more info PM me

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 17 August 2019, 11:16 PM   #55
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post

I agree.. I'd like to see what a true professional would say: Crowncollection, Springer, Freefly, or antrolexsub.
Old 17 August 2019, 11:27 PM   #56
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060, 216570
Woooow this stuff get terrible scarry that card looks 100 procent genuine aswell as the watch ...
Old 17 August 2019, 11:39 PM   #57
Masteryacht
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622,BLNR,116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post

I agree with you. I’m not saying it’s not a very good fake, but the whole dang thing looks fake to me. Just my opinion.
Old 17 August 2019, 11:47 PM   #58
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 14060M/214270
the problem is that since the Chinese are making the 1: 1 boxes and the 1: 1 movements with the possibility of exchanging all their pieces for genuine ... many pirates are doing it ... from a daytona they take two or three, one with a false box and real movement, another with all real and false movement ... another with a false movement with genuine pieces ... it would be good if many of us here visit the replica forums ... I think we would learn a lot more of the fakes than what all of us can teach them in this forum .... they do it in detail and discuss it among a lot of members with solid knowledge about rolexes and other brands ... for example. panerai .... cartier ... watches that are more difficult than a rolex to identify.
Old 17 August 2019, 11:52 PM   #59
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Thanks Shaun
Movement is GENUINE
Everything else fake!
This is a serious ROLEX issue that they are working on!

Sadly many on these forums are still living in the dark ages!
Movement is fake.

Without violating forum rules: There is a website that sells a perfect fake movement for this watch that looks just like this.

Nobody assembled all these fake parts and installed a genuine movement. The whole thing is fake.

Dang it Adam. You are wrong telling people no one is producing high quality fake movements. These super fakes are in the market. People are spending hard earned money based on your advice. Quit giving bad advice.
Old 18 August 2019, 12:00 AM   #60
goldfixer21

Quote:
YAWN.

Is your shoulder sore from patting yourself on the back?
Closed Thread