The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 31 January 2020, 07:48 PM   #61
mojojojo
"TRF" Member

Watch: whatevers next
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgook View Post
I've had many PM, from others that have had been scammed by this guy. They are all still trying to get their money back before they go public.

Chris has been messaging my friend who he scammed all afternoon telling him to make me take down this post....

His had plenty of time to respond.
In the mean time he kicks us out of his Facebook Group Scam, and I did not break any rules there. Haven't even posted a single time there.
That’s an interesting development, how many others are claiming to also be scammed, and is the scam of the same magnitude as a fake watch?
Old 31 January 2020, 07:48 PM   #62
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Hopefully the seller will chime in soon, as he's been logged in to this thread for a while now.
I guess not then. Right now he's just private messaging. Might as well ban him if he's not going to respond.
Old 31 January 2020, 07:50 PM   #63
mojojojo
"TRF" Member

Watch: whatevers next
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEHK View Post
Mate do you actually believe that selling something fake, getting caught, then returning the funds in a 3 month saga following proposed legal and criminal action suggests this person has integrity???

He only returned my money because he was scared of the damage this could cause his reputation and the legal and criminal avenues I had initiated.
Financial integrity if nothing else, I’ll reserve judgment on the matter pending a post from Chris, two side and some such. As in most case the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle, though the silence from the other party is becoming louder by the hour.
Old 31 January 2020, 07:50 PM   #64
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

As an aside, you have to be credulous to believe the seller didn’t know the watch was fake. OP’s mate bought the watch for $29k AUD, so to make it worth his while the seller must have bought the watch for at most $25k AUD, if it was real. That’s, what? 30-40% under market price? It’s a massive red flag, especially for somebody who makes a living talking and flogging watches. He’s also left thousands on the table judging by what these are being listed for in Oz on C24.

If you can believe that then you have to believe that he didn’t inspect the watch, since it’s easily verifiable that the guy has enough knowledge to have identified this watch as a fake.

If you believe that then you have to believe all the excuses that led to the watch not being delivered for months.

If you believe that then you have to believe an honest man who made a genuine mistake would not be responding instantly to the sight of his reputation being trashed.

And if you believe all that, I have a nice Daytona to sell you for five English pounds!
Old 31 January 2020, 07:55 PM   #65
Randomgary
"TRF" Member

To some degree I can understand a fake slipping through the net, but there are so many questionable instances in this story it's practically indefensible.

Glad you guys got sorted, fingers crossed for those who are waiting.

Loved watching his content. Past tense intentional.
Old 31 January 2020, 07:59 PM   #66
imgook
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
There is so many PM's coming through. Please be brave and post public here guys about your experiences. Don't let this scum bag get away with this.
Old 31 January 2020, 08:02 PM   #67
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
I guess not then. Right now he's just private messaging. Might as well ban him if he's not going to respond.

Old 31 January 2020, 08:10 PM   #68
Rolzilla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
WhatsApp log attached.
WOW. Read everyone single word.

I am genuinely shocked. How all this unfolded and the end result. Man I feel for the buyer waiting that long just to be disappointed and dicked around.
Old 31 January 2020, 08:15 PM   #69
levin123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby_jai View Post
Bro you can be serious right ???/ . while someone has worked hard to build his brand which we all acknowledge.....his reputation doesn't give him an excuse to behave the way he did based on the evidence provided by the other side of the fence.....2.5 months to deliver a product doesn't seem like a justifiable mistake... seems more a premeditated attempt at something unsavoury. that's My opinion and I'm happy to be proven wrong.....but actions speak louder than words .......how a self confessed watch expert can make a "mistake" is all to convenient of an escape route for me sorry. if he had bought that watch legit with real funds I can assure you any watch person parting with more than 20k worth of funds will do a lot of due diligence. so the question becomes how did one get in possession of a super fake 🤷🤷 they don't accidentally fall out of the sky. they are quite difficult to source
🤷 anyway just my two bobs worth.. may i also make a comment... all shonksters in history... and scammers are known as "Confidence Tricksters" ... build your trust... and then scam you... bernie maddof... classic example..... build your rep to an unshakeable standard.. perpetuate your scam.... more importantly... if any of you guys bought a "rolex" from this guy... i'd be making a bee line for the closest bloody AD to get your watch verified....... this could be the tip of the iceberg for all we know
I’m 100% in agreement with you. My original opinion was formed before the Whatsapp chat was posted.
Based on the new info I changed my opinion, and think he’s a pos. See my other post
Old 31 January 2020, 08:20 PM   #70
anonymousmoose
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post

This does not reflect well on Australians.
What!?! One mans action represents 'Australians'?
Old 31 January 2020, 08:24 PM   #71
KIP_NZ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I tagged him on a NZ watch group thread with:
Adrian Kitto Chris Essery are you ever going to respond to these posts? You can't lock the thread here......

and he replied with:
Chris Essery I will shortly mate, I am not deleting posts or locking threads.

So there's that....
Old 31 January 2020, 08:28 PM   #72
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
There is simply no excuse, nor mitigating factors, for his lies, deceit and actions.

Hopefully he gets what he deserves

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
Old 31 January 2020, 08:31 PM   #73
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
What!?! One mans action represents 'Australians'?
Rolf Harris, David Warner, Israel Folau, Alf Stewart...

You’re all wrong’uns I tell thee

Old 31 January 2020, 08:31 PM   #74
toph
"TRF" Member

Quote:
He probably doesn’t have anything to say, like most people who have no defence when they know they have done wrong and been caught.

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
Old 31 January 2020, 08:33 PM   #75
toph
"TRF" Member

Could be worse, could be English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Rolf Harris, David Warner, Israel Folau, Alf Stewart...

You’re all wrong’uns I tell thee

Member No.# 11795
Old 31 January 2020, 08:35 PM   #76
Rolzilla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIP_NZ View Post
I tagged him on a NZ watch group thread with:
Adrian Kitto Chris Essery are you ever going to respond to these posts? You can't lock the thread here......

and he replied with:
Chris Essery I will shortly mate, I am not deleting posts or locking threads.

So there's that....
He ain’t but that admin guy “Nick” in the other Facebook group is locking threads.
Old 31 January 2020, 08:45 PM   #77
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
That’s an interesting development, how many others are claiming to also be scammed, and is the scam of the same magnitude as a fake watch?
Yes they are claiming what happened to them is word for word what happened to my mate.

I have no idea why they are scared to post something up. I could post some screen shots of said conversations, but then I'd have to blank out their names which then holds no water.
Old 31 January 2020, 08:48 PM   #78
Rolzilla
"TRF" Member

Just saw this post on that Australian buys sell group. A lot of key information was left out. And unfortunately, it just an announcement with comments being disabled.

Hi,

As some of you may be aware, I recently had a few issues with a lost shipment to a buyer.

From that moment I worked through sorting another for the person, which unfortunately took a lot longer than anticipated.

Coming to the end of the road with the buyer and after a long list of delays, I decided to hand over one of my pieces that I had for some time, a piece that I planned to keep long term.

After shipping the watch, the persons friend (buyer wasn’t in Australia at the time) received it. Not long after receiving the watch, the buyers friend noted that there were some issues with the watch. The buyer contacted me and then questioned its authenticity.

Although I was surprised, to save any further delay for the buyer, we worked through an agreement for the watch and funds to be returned. Upon the arrival of the watch back to me, I issued the funds back to the buyer. I would not issue a full refund until the watch was back with me.

I have inspected the watch that the buyer returned and it is a fake.

I feel sick, stupid, upset, and frustrated that I’ve potentially passed on a fake watch to a buyer. As most of you are aware I am trying to grow HH, I would not intentionally jeopardise that.

As a result I will be stepping away as Admin after building this group for over 3 years and working through.

I do apologise to anyone let down by this.

Chris
Old 31 January 2020, 08:51 PM   #79
imgook
"TRF" Member

Miss understood post

Last edited by imgook; 31 January 2020 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Miss understood post
Old 31 January 2020, 08:55 PM   #80
toph
"TRF" Member

Member No.# 11795
Old 31 January 2020, 08:56 PM   #81
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Given the reputation of the seller I would have bought blind from him.
He did just about everything wrong he could to be regarded as a trusted seller.
Mistakes do and can happen, it's how you deal with it
Old 31 January 2020, 08:57 PM   #82
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolzilla View Post
Just saw this post on that Australian buys sell group. A lot of key information was left out. And unfortunately, it just an announcement with comments being disabled.

Hi,

As some of you may be aware, I recently had a few issues with a lost shipment to a buyer.

From that moment I worked through sorting another for the person, which unfortunately took a lot longer than anticipated.

Coming to the end of the road with the buyer and after a long list of delays, I decided to hand over one of my pieces that I had for some time, a piece that I planned to keep long term.

After shipping the watch, the persons friend (buyer wasn’t in Australia at the time) received it. Not long after receiving the watch, the buyers friend noted that there were some issues with the watch. The buyer contacted me and then questioned its authenticity.

Although I was surprised, to save any further delay for the buyer, we worked through an agreement for the watch and funds to be returned. Upon the arrival of the watch back to me, I issued the funds back to the buyer. I would not issue a full refund until the watch was back with me.

I have inspected the watch that the buyer returned and it is a fake.

I feel sick, stupid, upset, and frustrated that I’ve potentially passed on a fake watch to a buyer. As most of you are aware I am trying to grow HH, I would not intentionally jeopardise that.

As a result I will be stepping away as Admin after building this group for over 3 years and working through.

I do apologise to anyone let down by this.

Chris
If anyone believes this, I have many daytonas to sell you.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:01 PM   #83
Rolzilla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If anyone believes this, I have many daytonas to sell you.
Express DHL 2.5 months delivery?
Old 31 January 2020, 09:01 PM   #84
kzm40
"TRF" Member

Do you have any movement pictures?
Old 31 January 2020, 09:02 PM   #85
robby_jai
"TRF" Member

sorry dude im not buying this bullshit story at all... pulled a daytona from your private collection with the intention of keeping it ???? Get off it mate. so if its your private collection and you purchased it then it throws your whole credibility into the shade if you cant spot a fake and you make videos about it ??? what a crock... you want us to believe you a watch expert handed over 20k+ for a fake watch without doing due dilligence ???? lols.. not buying it

i have it on good authority from sources you have a lot of unethical dealings with other buyers and pulling the same stunt and that you use the buyers money to try and fund your business and you're essentially pulling a pyramid scheme.. i also have it on good authority you are about to be put before the courts i wont say for what... but hearing all this shit about you just screams bullshit.

you have provided no evidence none what so ever to backup your claims the watch was lost in transit stolen.... how about a case number communication with the shipping company ???? if it was lost by the shipping company then insurance would pay it out. why wait 2.5 months to send "another" lols... why not just get insurance money back and pay back the buyer ?? lols

you just talk out your arse. the other person have provided reams of evidence to back up their claims and you have provided diddly

I challenge you to provide proof of claim for lost watch with the shipping company you shipped with. Bet you cant
Old 31 January 2020, 09:02 PM   #86
Axaxax
"TRF" Member

What a bunch of nonsense, so he knowingly lost a Daytona in shipment and sent ANOTHER Daytona to the buyer?
Sounds like alot of B.S
Old 31 January 2020, 09:03 PM   #87
robby_jai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Given the reputation of the seller I would have bought blind from him.
He did just about everything wrong he could to be regarded as a trusted seller.
Mistakes do and can happen, it's how you deal with it
i dont believe this is a mistake. i believe this is outright fraud. the dickhead is soon to be before the courts on other matters
Old 31 January 2020, 09:03 PM   #88
nzcoffeem
"TRF" Member

Just read through the whatapp chat. That is crazy, all those excuses makes it definitely feel like a scammer. The ease in which he makes excuses... it definitely does not sound like the first time he has done this. Even his latest comments about "stepping away as admin" ... he must be a professional at politics...

Initially I was neutral... but now I am pretty sure he knew it was fake.

It does not make sense why he would hold on to the same model of the watch all through those months without sending it to you. Glad you got your money back.

I do remember the Zenith incident where the screws were replaced with not OEM screws. Two incidents from the same seller.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:11 PM   #89
imgook
"TRF" Member

Yesssss this is good guys. I need more people who have dealt with this scumbag to speak up.

I LOL'd hard about the professional politics statement!
Old 31 January 2020, 09:12 PM   #90
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolzilla View Post
Express DHL 2.5 months delivery?
I can do 3 months if that suits you better?
Closed Thread

Tags
357q00k9 , chris , daytona , essery , fake rolex , fraud , horology house , horologyhouse@gmail.com , perth , scam , scammer