The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 1 July 2020, 03:08 AM   #31
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Watch is FAKE - many tell-tale-signs
Get your money back
This guy is the biggest hit and misser on here. Adam you REALLY need to stop! Seriously, it's not even funny anymore, it's really irresponsible.....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 03:11 AM   #32
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
This guy is the biggest hit and misser on here. Adam you REALLY need to stop! Seriously, it's not even funny anymore, it's really irresponsible.....
Well if You consider some $5000 in repairs genuine - thats fine to me!

People stating watch is genuine and just a bit over polished - are the ones in my opinion giving false if.

Based on ROLEX response, that watch is as close to genuine as far as a buyer is concerned as a dog to a cat.

Adam
Old 1 July 2020, 03:17 AM   #33
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:

People stating watch is genuine and just a bit over polished - are the ones in my opinion giving false if.

Based on ROLEX response, that watch is as close to genuine as far as a buyer is concerned as a dog to a cat.

Adam
Stop!!!!!!! You're a second rate battery changer at a pawn shop. Please stop!!!
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 03:21 AM   #34
dan993
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Adam
You said the watch was fake. It's not fake just probably got water damage that messed up the movement and dial. TBH you make it up as you go along. Please don't post on these threads unless you know, I don't that's why I don't post.
dan993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 04:16 AM   #35
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:

Adam
Amazing!
And shows so much about you!

Instead of admitting that you have been blatantly wrong (again and again), now you are shifting to „it needs much repair, so that can’t be called genuine“.
It‘s similarly desperate like when you say „I try to help“ when you have wrongly assessed a watch to be fake.

Well, you don‘t!
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 06:55 AM   #36
tommy91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Stop!!!!!!! You're a second rate battery changer at a pawn shop. Please stop!!!
Lol savage
tommy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 06:58 AM   #37
tommy91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You are correct though businesses are being shamed on here from false accusations, mods should really root these out
tommy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 10:33 AM   #38
tigey
"TRF" Member

The fakes use a ETA 7750 and the case is way thick. this is a real watch that has been abused, overpolished and suffered water damage, fake dial at one point installed.
tigey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 10:41 AM   #39
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
So OP bought a genuine watch from a dealer and only decides 6 months later that you doesn't want it due to condition?

Why would the OP be entitled to claw back funds? Why would the dealer or any court entertain such a request?

OP must have inspected it when first purchased. Deal done and move on.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 11:39 AM   #40
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
So OP bought a genuine watch from a dealer and only decides 6 months later that you doesn't want it due to condition?

Why would the OP be entitled to claw back funds? Why would the dealer or any court entertain such a request?

OP must have inspected it when first purchased. Deal done and move on.

This is correct. A guy Can’t just hang around, read a book, twiddle thumbs, take a vacation, work a little, mow the lawn, and then 6 months later decide the watch is fake as some claim. Or not fake as others here claim . Or perhaps need repairs as still others claim. And then go back to seller. That’s bull . What a show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 12:01 PM   #41
jimcarver
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Adam
You called it and got it wrong, at least own up to that. You can't claim its fake just because its in poor condition and requires expensive repairs (especially when the bulk of the costs relate to the movement, which you didn't see anyway).

To the OP, I'd say time is really against you. It must be pushing a year since you bought it now. Sounds like you just bought a dud, to be honest I would have steered clear for the polish job alone. I'd get rid of it for whatever you can (being completely honest with the new buyer) and put it down to experience.
jimcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 09:26 PM   #42
Mrjohnhuo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner.
Who cares if it's real ,after spending 9000 and requires another 9000 to replace/repair.

For that kind of money spent and still need another 9k for repairs, it might as well be fake.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Mrjohnhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2020, 09:40 PM   #43
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I wish you all the best with it.

The seller may well take the position: what did you expect for £8.9K and why did it take you six months to sound the alarm? I think it's going to be tricky and will be interested to see what the outcome is. I did a quick scan of C24 (as you do). I'm no expert. To me it looks like a good one would be in the range £12-14K? You appear to have overpaid - but did they con you into overpaying?

If you have it refurbished by the RSC you might end up owing the most expensive example of this particular model in the country, but it will also be one of the best. A trustworthy independent might get you a good result, although I think this is probably a RSC job if you want 100% refurbishment. It's certainly got to somewhere, the sooner the better.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote