The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 September 2021, 05:34 AM   #1
pearson1995
"TRF" Member

What’s going to be your next watch, and why?

What are you after adding next? And why are you adding it to your collection?
Old 30 September 2021, 05:47 AM   #2
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Cermit or BLNR but will be a few years according to my AD
HelloMelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 05:50 AM   #3
Laostuh
"TRF" Member

My next watch will complete my collection, I'm going to stop at 4 because with the 3 that I have, I feel like anything more than 4 I won't be able to enjoy them as they should be enjoyed. But its going to be a 116500LN Daytona Black Dial. I've wanted this watch ever since I first laid eyes on it, should've bought it when it was going for high teens, had no idea the craze was going to make it almost double from there... I may never get it just because I don't see myself paying almost x3 retail.. Double maybe. But I've probably already missed the train.
Laostuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 05:53 AM   #4
pearson1995
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laostuh View Post
My next watch will complete my collection, I'm going to stop at 4 because with the 3 that I have, I feel like anything more than 4 I won't be able to enjoy them as they should be enjoyed. But its going to be a 116500LN Daytona Black Dial. I've wanted this watch ever since I first laid eyes on it, should've bought it when it was going for high teens, had no idea the craze was going to make it almost double from there... I may never get it just because I don't see myself paying almost x3 retail.. Double maybe. But I've probably already missed the train.
I currently have 7 watches, looking to trim down my collection. My 116500 white would be in my top 3 that I currently own. The current market value is very high, but it is a very amazing piece.
Old 30 September 2021, 05:54 AM   #5
pearson1995
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMelo View Post
Both really solid choices. I’ve been after a green sub for many years and still on the ‘wait list’. But I am fortunate to own a BLNR oyster so can’t really complain!
I never know which out of the two I would prefer, the function of the GMT maybe just puts it ahead for me.
Old 30 September 2021, 06:01 AM   #6
Societas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Blue SkyD
Cartier Tank Solar Beat, then Exp II Polar, to go with my current SkyD.

Why ?
-Cartier to cover formal attire and use when at the office with client (I work in strategy consulting, you don't necessary want to show off a big fat watch) + I really like the Brand, their designs
-SkyD for when a I really want to feel good, for special occasions
-Exp II Polar for everyday: home office, park with the kids...
Societas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 06:02 AM   #7
watchaholic777
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMelo View Post
What else do you have in your collection? If you have more oysters I’d say go for blnr on jubilee.
watchaholic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 06:03 AM   #8
Keepchasing
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
I’ll add the TT CHNR. I’ve realized that the GMT’s are the most comfortable on me, and I’m smitten with the CHNR. I’ve had the full gold one as one of my grails, but I love how I can hardly feel my BLNR when I wear it. I’m hoping I’ll be satisfied with the two-tone’s slight additional weight.

But alas, I am sure I will still eventually want the full gold piece.
Keepchasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 06:03 AM   #9
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchaholic777 View Post
What else do you have in your collection? If you have more oysters I’d say go for blnr on jubilee.

DJ41 on a jubilee and a 124060! Waiting to add my 3rd watch hopefully by next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 September 2021, 06:04 AM   #10
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearson1995 View Post
Both really solid choices. I’ve been after a green sub for many years and still on the ‘wait list’. But I am fortunate to own a BLNR oyster so can’t really complain!
I never know which out of the two I would prefer, the function of the GMT maybe just puts it ahead for me.

Yeah my AD said it would be 5 years for a green sub. I guess being on the list is better than nothing! Also from the AD I bought my previous 2 rolexes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 September 2021, 06:08 AM   #11
Linuxpenguins
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4k - Sky D
Another 116600. No brainer.

Ω Swatch X Omega Mission to Jupiter (SO33C100)
Linuxpenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 06:14 AM   #12
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Cellini Date with Silver dial.

Because I want a rose gold, semi-daily dressier watch that doesn’t conform to either the ultra thin manual wind dress watches from other manufacturers and neither do I particularly want a gold sport model Rolex either at this point in time.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 06:14 AM   #13
Goin2drt
Banned

Speedmaster. For one everyone should have one in the collection. Second you can actually buy one. Probably no more Rolex for a long while if ever. Gonna focus on some other pieces you can actually get.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 06:18 AM   #14
Ove
"TRF" Member

Has a black sub and a Blusey. Need a white dial watch so I’m waiting for a Exp2 polar
Ove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 06:30 AM   #15
RoRoRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM40
I’m looking to fulfill dress dive chrono gmt and field

I’ve got a DJII, YM40, tag Heuer Monaco and looking to either add an Exp II and change dress for DJ41 TT or add Panerai PAM01392 and add a skydweller TT white dial in lieu of DJII

If I get a Daytona white dial at RRP (probs unlikely) then the tag will go
RoRoRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 06:37 AM   #16
Roberto Kupferschein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona SS
Difficult question to answer due to AD availability. But if everything goes the right way it will be the Omega Speedmaster 321 in steel, follow by the GMT Pepsi. My collection actually has a Submariner TT bluest, Daytona ceramic white dial and a Explorer II white dial 2021. As you see don’t have any black dials watches yet.
Roberto Kupferschein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 06:42 AM   #17
joejet
"TRF" Member

It’s a Race between My wife’s new 31mm datejust TT diamond bezel, mother of pearl dial that was ordered Monday and the Pepsi I have been promised for a while now…. bet she wins.
I did just pick up 126619LB (White gold Sub) last week so maybe it’s her turn anyway. :)
joejet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 06:48 AM   #18
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Judging by not being offered any new Rolexes from several ADs I've bought from in the past for at least 3 years, maybe Armitron???
Old 30 September 2021, 07:13 AM   #19
Njkdog
Banned

Watch: Speedy reduced
I’m looking at a pre-ceramic sub that should hold me over indefinitely until hopefully my A.D. calls with a 41 mm sub. At which point I would sell the pre-ceramic and most likely be done, unless I win the lottery, then I will live my life like Conor McGregor.
Njkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 07:17 AM   #20
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
No idea as waiting for new releases. Not much interest in anything already out (or already have).
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 07:18 AM   #21
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
No idea as waiting for new releases. Not much interest in anything already out (or already have).
Same for me and I would sell some, maybe two or three first
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 07:19 AM   #22
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
If and that's a big if, I ever get the call for a steel Pepsi at retail, that would be my next piece. Nothing else in the current line-up picks my fancy.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 07:57 AM   #23
MDSWATCH
"TRF" Member

There are a few Rolex I fancy, two tone DJ36, steel Daytona, steel GMT and the Yachtmaster 37 or 40. But other than the DJ and the Yachtmaster, I really can’t see me getting another Rolex any time soon.

But I really like the Zenith Chronomaster Sport and the A384 Revival. So I expect my next watch will be one of these.

Others on the list include the Steve McQueen Monaco, a Grand Seiko Spring Drive and a 37mm Rado Captain Cook.
MDSWATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 07:59 AM   #24
Xerxes77
Banned

Ap ro 15407
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 08:03 AM   #25
JTL31
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I’m VERY content with what I have; 3 nice ones and 1 beater. :) A few days ago I added the Oris Aquis Upcycle. I appreciate the value of the brand and fell in love with the dial and the concept behind it. Besides, it’s the only watch my daughter has ever liked (hand me down)! She calls my LVc, “that ugly leprechaun watch.” Lol.
JTL31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 08:10 AM   #26
rmagoo57
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
Hope to add a 16610 or maybe a 16613 next?? Got my eyes on a couple chrono's too. No hurry.
rmagoo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 08:13 AM   #27
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

El Primo Chronomaster Sport when I feel I've earned it, subject to trying one on. Plus my SS BLRO on Oyster whenever it arrives. I have the money set aside for the GMT. The BLRO will probably be my last Rolex. Alternatively, in the longer term, I might consolidate some of my Rolex SSs and TTs into a PM trophy watch, probably a Sky Dweller, because it's the Rolex model I love the most. But if that does happen it's a long way off, and I would have to really really like it.

The El Primero is something I feel I should have in my collection because of its horological significance and because the new Sport one looks so good. I also like the tricolour retro models recently introduced a lot. But a 38mm watch with that much dial information would be beyond my ability to easily read in less than perfect lighting. But if the opportunity presents I will try one on. I already have a Monaco Calible 11 (Steve McQueen).

Oh, and then there's the Navitimer. I really ought to try one of those and there are so many to chose from. Or maybe for the sake of historical pedantry, go for the Sinn and save some money in the process. Probably best to stop typing before I think of any more.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 08:20 AM   #28
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
What’s going to be your next watch, and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post

Yea same here.

Nothing out there interests me. If anything, I just look forward to Tudor releases every year and see if anything catches my fancy
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 08:26 AM   #29
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What are you after adding next? And why are you adding it to your collection?
I'm out of the market for now, as my little eclectic collection of three (Rolex 1601, Rolex 116500LN and Tudor M76213) suits me pretty well. I did, however, try on a yellow gold Sub a couple years ago at my AD which they had for several months before the watch market went crazy and have not forgotten how it felt on the wrist. Definitely want something in 18k gold on a bracelet.

The market is going to have to normalize a bit first, and I'm a patient man. More time to put away the monies.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 08:32 AM   #30
Laostuh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I currently have 7 watches, looking to trim down my collection. My 116500 white would be in my top 3 that I currently own. The current market value is very high, but it is a very amazing piece.
At 1 point I did want 7 watches, 1 per day LOL of the week lol.
Laostuh is offline   Reply With Quote