The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 29 September 2023, 04:34 PM   #1
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Breitling Endurance Pro Service Issue

I have had an Endurance Pro since 2021. I sent it back to Breitling 2 years ago because the chrono hand did not line up at the 12 o'clock position and one of the sub dial hands also did not line up. They did a complete service according to the report and handled it under warranty.

Fast forward to a month ago, the watch was keeping good time but the chrono function would not work. The pushers did not start the chrono.

Sent it back to Breitling and they now want $620 plus tax and shipping to do a complete service on the watch. I think that is robbery. This should not happen after complete service done in 2021. Watch is now a few months out of warranty. Watch was not dropped or hit, no signs of damage to the exterior.

I was wondering since the watch kept good time, maybe just needs a new battery. I spoke to Breitling CS, they are standing by their quote, I am expecting a call back from a CS supervisor in the next 24-48 hours.

Anyone have any experience or guidance with this?
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2023, 09:28 PM   #2
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

151 views, no comments………
Old 30 September 2023, 10:55 PM   #3
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great watch that I have owned twice and could not make it work for me. I went through my AD on the purchases and when it came time to move them along they were helpful. I would see what they tell you but I would not be hopeful. I would get it fixed and move on. That would include them paying or me.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2023, 10:04 AM   #4
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Breitling service is why I swore off the brand. Sent in an old shark for service. Still didn't come back running correctly, sent it back again. Same story. Still wouldn't work right and by then the service warranty expired and they wanted me to pay for a full service again.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 04:17 AM   #5
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

So I sent it back to Breitling and paying the $700 repair bill.
Now this is a joke.........they are showing completing date March 2024.
It better be perfect when it comes back or it goes back again.
Old 23 October 2023, 11:47 AM   #6
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
So I sent it back to Breitling and paying the $700 repair bill.
Now this is a joke.........they are showing completing date March 2024.
It better be perfect when it comes back or it goes back again.
I have a Breitling chrono GMT in for a redo, only had it back less than 3 weeks. That one is also showing a March completion date. They must be having parts issues. I am super not happy.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2023, 12:27 PM   #7
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

I had a colt GMT serviced this past year and the original estimate was 6-8 months. I had it back in just over 3 months. I had a broken crown so that got fixed along with a full service and it came back looking brand new.

Last edited by jnelson3097; 23 October 2023 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Spelling
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2023, 05:28 AM   #8
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Spoke to Breitling CS the other day, they are awaiting parts from Switzerland. At that rate, will be lucky to get it back by their estimated completion date of March 30, 2024.
Old 12 November 2023, 01:45 PM   #9
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

I love Breitling but I won’t buy one with an in-house movement for this reason. I’m very happy with my Avenger and its ETA 7750 that I can service myself.

Absolutely terrible customer service.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2023, 04:32 AM   #10
stockae92
"TRF" Member

So the issue was not just a battery replacement? But there is actually something wrong with the module?

I have done DYI battery change for Aerospace, Aerospace EVO, Emergency with no issue.
stockae92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2023, 04:35 AM   #11
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
So the issue was not just a battery replacement? But there is actually something wrong with the module?

I have done DYI battery change for Aerospace, Aerospace EVO, Emergency with no issue.
Seems to be a few things wrong besides the movement. Parts recently arrived from Switzerland, so I am told. Looking at Jan. 2024 finish date, which is really unacceptable.

I have also done a battery change on the Aerospace, easy to do.
Old 16 November 2023, 05:00 AM   #12
stockae92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Seems to be a few things wrong besides the movement. Parts recently arrived from Switzerland, so I am told. Looking at Jan. 2024 finish date, which is really unacceptable.

I have also done a battery change on the Aerospace, easy to do.
That's disappointing, for a quartz movement to need a service to replace broken parts.

But its also interesting that they make the movement to be serviceable instead of a "throw away".
stockae92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 03:27 AM   #13
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Received the watch back today, earlier than anticipated. Everything looks and seems to run well. They replaced the hands, no charge. Lined up the red chrono hand better than original. So all looks good.
Old 13 December 2023, 08:45 PM   #14
Michael N Q8
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona SS White
Quote:
I have had an Endurance Pro since 2021. I sent it back to Breitling 2 years ago because the chrono hand did not line up at the 12 o'clock position and one of the sub dial hands also did not line up. They did a complete service according to the report and handled it under warranty.
Did you try to align the chrono hands yourself? It is possible:

RESETTING THE COUNTERS The chronograph hands may need to be reset if they are not in the 12 o’clock position at rest. If necessary, proceed as follows. Pull the crown out to position 2: Press push-button A to select the hand to reset - the selected hand will complete a full revolution. Press push-button B to move the hand to the correct position - 12 o'clock precisely. Press push-button A to select the next hand. Follow the same procedure for the 3 hands. Push the crown back in to exit reset mode.
116520 Daytona white, 116500 Daytona black, 126600 SD, Speedmaster Pro, 116710BLNR GMT II, Speedmaster trilogy 57, Breitling Navitimer A23322, Seiko SKX007J, Seiko Mini turtle PADI, Seiko 5 Sport Diver.
Michael N Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 01:01 AM   #15
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael N Q8 View Post
Did you try to align the chrono hands yourself? It is possible:

RESETTING THE COUNTERS The chronograph hands may need to be reset if they are not in the 12 o’clock position at rest. If necessary, proceed as follows. Pull the crown out to position 2: Press push-button A to select the hand to reset - the selected hand will complete a full revolution. Press push-button B to move the hand to the correct position - 12 o'clock precisely. Press push-button A to select the next hand. Follow the same procedure for the 3 hands. Push the crown back in to exit reset mode.
Good info for the future. The Breitling customer service set them at the 12 o’clock position.
Old 27 December 2023, 06:23 PM   #16
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Quote:
Received the watch back today, earlier than anticipated. Everything looks and seems to run well. They replaced the hands, no charge. Lined up the red chrono hand better than original. So all looks good.
Good for you Enjoy it
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote