The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 September 2005, 04:36 AM   #1
----

Icon14 My new PanoReserve!!

Well, even though I haven't sold the Rolex yet, I took the plunge and bought the Glashutte Original PanoReserve in stainless yesterday in Toronto. I've taken a few quick pics, but will get the light box out and do something better later on today (I hope).

Here is the dial side - very well made dials, nice case finish......shows hours, minutes, and sub seconds, plus power reserve and big date. Note that there is no divider in the date window - the two date disks have a very close concentricity tolerance. The date changes with a nice click right on midnight.

Here is the movement - a work of art. Very well finished 3/4 plate, double swan's neck regulation, screwed balance, screwed gold chatons - top notch stuff! My first hand wound watch as well.

Here is a wrist shot - the strap was quite big, so they switched it for another that was a bit smaller, and it fits well (using the smallest adjustment possible). It's a fairly heavy watch compared to my JLC, but certainly nothing that would be too heavy. I was a bit worried about the size (39mm I read but have not measured it to be certain), but the proportions of the bezel and dial don't make it look too big on me.

I am very pleased with this watch, and got a very good price on it as well. I have a hard time keeping my eyes off it!!

I promise better pictures later, especially of the movement........
Old 26 September 2005, 04:43 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Excellent, Al. Congrats on a truly superb acquisition. It does look very beautiful and very dressy indeed. Wear it in good health, my friend. What did Jacqui think of it? Betcha she loved it!!

Take care - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2005, 05:02 AM   #3
----

Oh yes, she really likes this one. She actually negotiated the final price on it last week when I was in the US - quite a surprise when I found out!
Old 26 September 2005, 05:20 AM   #4
mamas
"TRF" Member

congratulations on a beautiful purchase.. wear it in health
mamas
mamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2005, 05:28 AM   #5
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Nice watch, it looks a real beauty.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2005, 11:26 AM   #6
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Very nice, Al. It certainly is a beauty. If that's a 39 mm, you must have small wrists. It looks big on your wrist (although not too big). Wear it well.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2005, 05:04 PM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Now thats a great looking watch Al,IMO hand wind watches are just
that little bit more mechanical,and got a little bit more soul than auto.Nice
simple blued steel hands,and what a great looking view back movement.Wear
it in good health mate a fine looking timepiece.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2005, 10:21 PM   #8
Atomic

Congratulations Al!!!!

I know you were wanting this big time, so nice going (and double thumbs up for Jacqui). That's a STUNNER of a watch. GO make some of the nicest pieces in horology, so you really have an awesome watch. It looks perfectly fine on your spindly little wrists (how do you keep a bow straight? LOL).

I wonder if anyone at your office would know just what it is?

Congrats and enjoy. I'm green with envy.
Old 26 September 2005, 10:30 PM   #9
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
Congratulations on the new watch! Looks sleek and sets nicely on your wrist :o)
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2005, 01:54 AM   #10
----

Well, thank you all for the nice comments, but you can stop picking on my wrists now, okay?

Until they come up with wrist transplants, I'm pretty much stuck with what I was born with.......now you can all see why Paneri is not really on my list......

I took some nicer photos yesterday in the afternoon, so as soon as I upload them I'll drop into the watch photography forum.

No one at my office would have a clue what this in unless I told them. The latest and greatest new wtach causing the buzz here is one that you can download your Outlook calendar to so it reminds you of the meetings you have in the day - need I say more about the horological sophistication of my workplace? I think not.
Old 27 September 2005, 01:57 AM   #11
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Well, thank you all for the nice comments, but you can stop picking on my wrists now, okay?

Until they come up with wrist transplants, I'm pretty much stuck with what I was born with.......now you can all see why Paneri is not really on my list......

I took some nicer photos yesterday in the afternoon, so as soon as I upload them I'll drop into the watch photography forum.

No one at my office would have a clue what this in unless I told them. The latest and greatest new wtach causing the buzz here is one that you can download your Outlook calendar to so it reminds you of the meetings you have in the day - need I say more about the horological sophistication of my workplace? I think not.
I thought engineers would be gah-gah for complex little mechanisms, but then again, most I know are techno-geeks and want everything precise and digital. You're right Al, nuff said.
Old 27 September 2005, 11:14 AM   #12
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
YUMMY!! Nice strap too Al!! That is an instant classic.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote