The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 May 2020, 01:42 AM   #1
Kawirider
"TRF" Member

Rolex USA warranty card, no country code?

Hello all! I’m looking to buy a Rolex Two tone skydweller on chrono24. I’m comfortable with it since the private seller accepts the escrow service. Anyway I’m in talks with the seller, and I asked for a picture of the backside of the warranty card to verify the AD and country code. The AD is a real AD but there’s no country code. Is this normal for USA cards? My last 2 Rolex were from Spain and Canada. They had the proper code. Interested to hear about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kawirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2020, 03:44 AM   #2
nightmyth
"TRF" Member

mine dont either
116519LN DaytonaC
nightmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2020, 03:46 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Normal on the newer USA cards.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2020, 07:16 AM   #4
Kawirider
"TRF" Member

Interesting. Thanks guys!

Old 10 May 2020, 07:23 AM   #5
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Normal on the newer USA cards.
This.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2020, 11:51 AM   #6
train-time
"TRF" Member

As others have said, the card is a typical US warranty card. Please know how the escrow service works. I experienced it first hand last week. The funds go into the Chrono24 escrow account, the seller ships you a fedex box requiring a direct signature, fedex leaves the box at your door and marks it received in their system, and the funds are released. You do not control the release of the funds. The fedex system indicating acceptance of the package triggers it. In my case the fedex record indicated that "M. Covid" signed for the box. Thank God it had the Daytona that I bought in the box! In many locations they are not delivering to recipients and rerouting (due to Covid) to a fedex location. Hopefully the funds are not released until you pick it up in these cases.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 05:20 AM   #7
Kawirider
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
As others have said, the card is a typical US warranty card. Please know how the escrow service works. I experienced it first hand last week. The funds go into the Chrono24 escrow account, the seller ships you a fedex box requiring a direct signature, fedex leaves the box at your door and marks it received in their system, and the funds are released. You do not control the release of the funds. The fedex system indicating acceptance of the package triggers it. In my case the fedex record indicated that "M. Covid" signed for the box. Thank God it had the Daytona that I bought in the box! In many locations they are not delivering to recipients and rerouting (due to Covid) to a fedex location. Hopefully the funds are not released until you pick it up in these cases.

Interesting. Thanks for that. When I called chrono they told me that I have 7 or 10 days(don’t remember exact amount) to make sure the watch is as described.

Old 11 May 2020, 06:37 AM   #8
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
That’s interesting are you sure this is the case that defeats the whole point?
JSolution is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 06:52 AM   #9
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
That’s interesting are you sure this is the case that defeats the whole point?
I was told FedEx will sign for the package at a residence if the driver can see the residents are at home. They should get an email from FedEx as soon as the package is delivered so they can immediately go outside and retrieve the package. My package had a nice watch inside which was left on the front porch.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote