The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 23 August 2019, 07:09 AM   #61
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
It seems AP has been drawing people from the PP market lately as well. Hype aside, it's hard to dispute the superior aesthetics of AP. Not sure if most have been following the posts in the PP section, but there have been several recent qc issues being posted there which can't help things for the brand either.

If I’m being honest available sports watches is the #1 reason I’m buying more AP than Rolex or Patek the past 2 years.

I’ve bought around 4-5 pateks new but getting one that I want from an AD is just not worth the effort for me.

AP doesn’t make me beg and when they tell me I’m going to get something I have it in 30-90 days.
Old 23 August 2019, 09:02 AM   #62
Xerxes77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Yup, and for those thinking AP SS Sports RO are easier to get after being "frustrated" by Rolex AD might be in a for a shock. That said, even if just 5% of Rolex buyers decided to go after AP, that will produce a strong upsurge in demand from AP perspective if you compare their relative production figures. No wonder RO prices are spiking. But I also think a correction is due soon with the global economy forecast becoming increasingly gloomy.

End of the day, this hobby is actually a lot more enjoyable back in the older days where there were much better availability with stable prices and we talked about the watches themselves, than all these "shortage" and constant speculation of value going up or down. I used to enjoy visiting ADs and boutiques during weekends, there were actual watches available to try on, and had nice chat about watches. Now, there are only empty shelves and listening to sales rep talking BS about how difficult and in demand their watches are, I guess they must also get tired of constantly repeating this to every customer.

Agree with you 100%
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote