The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 1 February 2014, 01:09 PM   #1
Brenngun
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Vaporizer Suggestions

My wife has recently been prescribed cannabis by her doctor. As she's never been a smoker she's finding inhalation difficult. She also has concerns about potentially harmful smoke by products. To help her I'm on the hunt for the most effective, efficient and safe delivery system. I've done some reading on vaporizers and think this could be a good way to go. I'd like to ask my fellow forum members who have current or previous experience with this type of apparatus to give me their frank recommendations. Which one they have found to be the most effective and easiest to operate. Also is their another method we should consider? Unfortunately ingest-able forms are not an option. Any constructive input is much appreciated.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2014, 01:50 PM   #2
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

http://www.vapexhale.com

Never used one before though.. There's a lot to read about on goggle. I don't smoke, although I have a hard time going to sleep. I get more wound up at night for some reason. As soon as they make it legal here there is suppose to be a certain strain of cannabis to help. It should be better the taking Ambien or Xanex I think.

Good luck and probably tons of forums out there
Old 1 February 2014, 02:04 PM   #3
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Rick, I'm really glad that you made this thread. I thought about making a similar thread, but wasn't sure if it was against the rules or if I'd be looked down upon.

My mom recently got her card and has asked me to help her look into a vaporizer. I have no idea about them and the more I look into them, the more confused I am, lol. I know people use vaporizors to replace cigarettes. Are these the same types of vaporizers that you can use for marajuana? Is there some sort of liquid THC that can be used? As you can see, I really don't know a whole lot about this stuff. When it comes to smoking, all I know about is cigars.

If you don't mind my asking, why can't your wife consume the edibles? My mom also doesn't like the idea of smoking so she has been eating some brownies until she finds a better solution. She says that they're working for her, but she (and I) think that a vaporizer may be more efficient, effective and, hopefully, less expensive in the long run.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2014, 03:33 PM   #4
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I heard allegedly that eating it works fine, it just takes a while to get into your bloodstream.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2014, 03:39 PM   #5
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
http://marijuanamedicalinfo.com/eati..._marijuana.htm
Old 2 February 2014, 03:15 AM   #6
Brenngun

Thanks all for your responses. I've spent a lot of time looking through multiple web pages similar to the ones linked here by Mark And Larry. Sometimes the info can be a little confusing but more importantly you really can't determine how well some of them really work. I guess I was hoping for some frank reviews of actual owner/users. I've come to trust the opinions of this membership on all manner of subjects. I just want to avoid ending up with a collection of "looks good standing still" contraptions and still no real solution.

Wes, Thanks for the support. I read the rules carefully before posting. Seems OK. I trust the mods can tell my intent was a thread about health versus recreational drug use. I also understand your confusion and I'm sure like me you just want to help a loved one during a difficult time. I will let you know if I get more clarity. Severe nausea makes edibles an ineffective solution for my wife. A very helpful member here who is a medical professional sent me a PM suggesting I have a look at "tincture of cannabis". I've never heard of this but will start to have a closer look. It may be an option for your Mom. Good luck with whatever you find helpful.

Old 2 February 2014, 03:19 AM   #7
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Most medical marijuana states have clinics that will sell edibles.

It would be much easier for her to handle.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2014, 03:29 AM   #8
cali kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, 16613, 024
I agree with the edibles, most are very tasty ( I've been told) takes a bit longer but when they kick in watch out!
Old 2 February 2014, 05:30 AM   #9
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
Edibles are a viable choice even for those who have issues with nausea...I know from firsthand experience. As for Vaporizers I do have friends who swear by them so you are on the right track in your research to help your Wife. Take care and good luck.....

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2014, 06:13 AM   #10
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Volcano

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2014, 08:36 PM   #11
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

More info : Eating weed and eating an edible are two different things. Eating your weed wont really do too much. Edibles are made with a concentrated oil, or butter.

Sounds like finding or making oil and then consume it maybe the way to go.

Google that maybe it will help, oil sounds the way to go. Slowly at first since it might be very strong, and it's pure with no additives I believe. You can put it on toast too

Just add a decent amount of weed to a few sticks of butter in a pot. Simmer/stir for an hour.... Strain well into a mold of some type and re-cool. Bake with it or eat it on some toast.

Like I said, I'm no expert. I hope you find a solution that works. Just a matter of time it will be legal in a majority of the U.S.

Better then pharmacy Perscriptions.
Old 3 February 2014, 01:23 AM   #12
Brenngun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGERVEGAS View Post
More info : Eating weed and eating an edible are two different things. Eating your weed wont really do too much. Edibles are made with a concentrated oil, or butter.

Sounds like finding or making oil and then consume it maybe the way to go.

Google that maybe it will help, oil sounds the way to go. Slowly at first since it might be very strong, and it's pure with no additives I believe. You can put it on toast too

Just add a decent amount of weed to a few sticks of butter in a pot. Simmer/stir for an hour.... Strain well into a mold of some type and re-cool. Bake with it or eat it on some toast.

Like I said, I'm no expert. I hope you find a solution that works. Just a matter of time it will be legal in a majority of the U.S.

Better then pharmacy Perscriptions.

Mark, Again thanks for your response and help. I think some members here may be a little wary of responding to this kind of question. I understand. I'm open to anything at this point. Currently researching "tincture of cannabis". Never heard of it until a TRF member PM'd me about it. Seems like an interesting idea. Can be made at home, not required to incorporate into food products, portable, a few drops under your tongue and it quickly absorbs into the bloodstream.

Old 3 February 2014, 06:05 AM   #13
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

IMO, much safer and less addicting then alcohol. You don't see to many people under the influence of cannabis go ballistic. Lots of nasty drunk people though. Nothing wrong with this topic, many topics on alcohol on here and most are funny. We have happy drinkers here, maybe well have happy cannabis posters too. it's all about education and taking responsibility.
Old 18 August 2019, 05:14 AM   #14
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Vaporizer Suggestions

Perhaps she should try some disposable pens? The literally come in all different doses of medicine. They are convenient and work very well.

https://www.surterra.com/product/bliss-50-doses/

https://www.leafscience.com/2016/01/31/vape-pens/

https://hightimes.com/products/best-...-concentrates/

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 04:20 AM   #15
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Perhaps she should try some disposable pens? The literally come in all different doses of medicine. They are convenient and work very well.

https://www.surterra.com/product/bliss-50-doses/

https://www.leafscience.com/2016/01/31/vape-pens/

https://hightimes.com/products/best-...-concentrates/
They might be convenient but those cartridges are not too healthy. I would go for a dry herb vaporizer instead of the cartridge ones, no additives, just the flower.

I use an Arizer solo II for my herb. Pesticide free cannabis is best, but not that easy to find.

SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote