The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 9 August 2019, 11:47 PM   #1
Sherio
"TRF" Member

Is this a fake??

Flying from Mumbai airport today and spotted this piece in their “used” Rolex display, the sales guy told me it was polished and serviced with a 1 year warranty offered, they also said it was only customized with a white gold bezel set with diamonds.
The problem is I’ve searched online extensively for an exact similar one ( ice blue dial with Roman numerals on oyster, excluding the diamonds since they are customized ) and the only time I found any thing similar it was titled as a “replica” !!
I can’t believe that an authorized dealer in an international airport with be selling fakes, but it’s either this or he has a Rolex that so rare to the extent that I can’t find a similar one online!
His asking price was $5700 and the even had 2 identical ones on display.
Appreciate your feed back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 97B78DAE-8D25-460D-8F05-2408259D98A4.jpeg (224.1 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpeg F8E569F3-8DCC-4B34-A8C5-7E21EACEA2B3.jpeg (261.1 KB, 274 views)
Sherio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2019, 11:58 AM   #2
FreshPrince14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 & 6694
Date text looks off and dial text looks very shoddy, although this may be down to the angle and the reflection from the sunburst dial so I may be wrong.

Still though, 3 identical watches? Meaning all three have been customised the same? That's a bit unusual. I'm sure someone who knows more than me will be along in awhile as I'm open to correction.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
FreshPrince14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2019, 08:41 PM   #3
watchnut100
SCUMBAG

Well it’s an earlier dial as says date and not datejust just looks like it’s been blinded upto me, can’t see them selling fakes to be honest.
watchnut100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2019, 09:32 PM   #4
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Is this a fake??

I think you’ve shared a Rolex with aftermarket dial and bezel. Note that the Date never came with that Roman dial.

I’m guessing you were inside Ethōs at the airport. And I further presume the pre-owned watches were in a case with other brand’s preowned watches.

This is a real grey area in Rolex retailing. On the one hand they forbid ADs to co-mingle new and preowned, but they also can’t control the preowned market when a bezel is added. Of course they do control it if sent to RSC for service.

When you see identical preowned models with aftermarket parts it usually means the jeweler is actively matching up refinished dials and bezels to get the best popular combo for market appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2019, 10:48 PM   #5
watchnut100
SCUMBAG

They have probably used this dial as it’s the colour of the new Daytona’s make it look a bit modern, not my cup of tea but I eat he sells a lot of them, change dial and bezel and adds a few thousand on to this watch, a standard date or datejust are quite cheap so can easily make a killing by adding these after market parts.
watchnut100 is offline   Reply With Quote