The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 August 2019, 12:43 AM   #1
Explorer2polar
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR , Sub C, Exp
London Watch Collector

Hi TRF,

Credit where its due, this guy posts some beautiful video reviews of watches on YouTube, Many Rolex videos. His content is beautifully shot in 4K and the commentary is very useful to would be buyers.

i have no affiliation other than a big fan of his YouTube channel, latest video features his purchase of a Daytona 116520 black dial.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiN...YuCQs1w/videos

Enjoy.
Explorer2polar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 12:48 AM   #2
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
He’s certainly acquired all the popular references
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 12:52 AM   #3
The Sub-lime One
"TRF" Member

He’s a member here too.

Great videos!
The Sub-lime One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 12:57 AM   #4
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
Great videos and content for sure. I'm pretty sure he is a grey market dealer in London. So I assume these videos are from his personal collection and stock.
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 01:41 AM   #5
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Love his videos and enthusiasm for the hobby.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 01:47 AM   #6
Randy63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Icon1

I enjoy his videos.

His voice has a an ASMR quality about it.

Randy
Randy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 01:50 AM   #7
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyb69 View Post
Great videos and content for sure. I'm pretty sure he is a grey market dealer in London. So I assume these videos are from his personal collection and stock.
thats my vibe as well. its a hobby and a business. He was on a big push to get IG subscribers a while back. Usually hobbyists dont do that.

still like the content though

the video when he cold called AD'S asking for popular watches and recorded it was weird though. what else are they going to say?
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 01:51 AM   #8
APPRF
"TRF" Member

From his voice and language he's Arab. I like his tone of voice and how he produces his videos. I'm surprised how he manages to get these popular watches in London and from Harrods especially. The first thing they check for at Harrods is the amounts you spend by checking the Harrods card. Been following him a while, and I don't think he's a big spender at Harrods. He's not the type. I don't think he's a dealer, he's definitely a professional. I like the guy and would love to meet him sometime.
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 01:54 AM   #9
Explorer2polar
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR , Sub C, Exp
Hi

Don't know where or why I think this? but I thought he was a Doctor/Medical professional.

He is very good at the watch videos though.
Explorer2polar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 01:54 AM   #10
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Dont mind him.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 02:07 AM   #11
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
thats my vibe as well. its a hobby and a business. He was on a big push to get IG subscribers a while back. Usually hobbyists dont do that.

still like the content though

the video when he cold called AD'S asking for popular watches and recorded it was weird though. what else are they going to say?
Definitely great content and very detailed. I can't remember the business, but he used to have videos a couple years back that promoted the business and showed his face. I prefer his anonymous collectors channel
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 02:13 AM   #12
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

he has great content and goes the extra mile to produce his vids. He looks Saudi to me.
Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 02:36 AM   #13
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Love this guy!!
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 02:43 AM   #14
Shdrolex
"TRF" Member

Going by his tone, he is definitely an arab. Also dont think he is a dealer. he might be a known business professional or a Diplomat, a very big spender. A watch collector for sure.
Shdrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 02:56 AM   #15
colpol
"TRF" Member

Like the video & will be sure to check out some more of them later on.
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 02:59 AM   #16
Crazy Lugs
"TRF" Member

I don’t intend to sound controversial in any way, and am likely speaking out of ignorance, but when I see these instant “collections” of popular six digit references, is “collector” the correct term to use?

Perhaps it’s an extreme example, but John Goldberger is a collector. He offers a point of view in his collection of watches. How does simply buying up all the current popular pieces establish someone as a collector?

Just food for thought- as I mentioned, no disrespect is intended!
Crazy Lugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 03:28 AM   #17
glamorama
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Lugs View Post
I don’t intend to sound controversial in any way, and am likely speaking out of ignorance, but when I see these instant “collections” of popular six digit references, is “collector” the correct term to use?

Perhaps it’s an extreme example, but John Goldberger is a collector. He offers a point of view in his collection of watches. How does simply buying up all the current popular pieces establish someone as a collector?

You have a point, he is certainly going after the most popular watches and not much else. But so are many others, I mean just look at this forum how many Hulk, Batman, Pepsi and white Daytona collections we have here. I do believe he is a genuine 'watch guy' although very OCD and precise with his watches warranty cards etc. The thing that is different with him is that he seem to have no problem to get exactly the hottest models from AD.

There is an interview on Watchbox with a relatively recent and wealthy collector (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htxOMuDJ59s&t=1304s), he pretty much just buy every modern Rolex in different colours. Think he likes to put them on a wall as an art installation. I call those collectors colour-collectors as they want the same model in all different colour variations.
glamorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 03:59 AM   #18
tgyberg
"TRF" Member

Watch: D-Blue
I dig his vids for sure!
tgyberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 04:07 AM   #19
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
He acquires the hottest hard to get watches for sure and seems to be a very nice guy. From looking at his videos he appears enthusiastic but, to me, its hard to tell why he wants all these watches other than just to have them because they are hard to get. I just do not hear serious collector content from him. Just my opinion.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 07:16 AM   #20
Lemieux66
"TRF" Member

Watch: $10 Casio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
He acquires the hottest hard to get watches for sure and seems to be a very nice guy. From looking at his videos he appears enthusiastic but, to me, its hard to tell why he wants all these watches other than just to have them because they are hard to get. I just do not hear serious collector content from him. Just my opinion.
It’s a common thing here and on YouTube. No real personal taste on display, the watches say nothing about the ‘collector’ other than ‘I want what’s popular’. It’s actually really dull.
Lemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 07:26 AM   #21
PLNYC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamorama View Post
You have a point, he is certainly going after the most popular watches and not much else. But so are many others, I mean just look at this forum how many Hulk, Batman, Pepsi and white Daytona collections we have here. I do believe he is a genuine 'watch guy' although very OCD and precise with his watches warranty cards etc. The thing that is different with him is that he seem to have no problem to get exactly the hottest models from AD.

There is an interview on Watchbox with a relatively recent and wealthy collector (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htxOMuDJ59s&t=1304s), he pretty much just buy every modern Rolex in different colours. Think he likes to put them on a wall as an art installation. I call those collectors colour-collectors as they want the same model in all different colour variations.
I know Mike personally, he has a bunch of other watches not shown. He buys what he likes. He’s a huge omega and Grand Seiko guy as well
Old 19 August 2019, 07:32 AM   #22
steadywaters
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I like the style of his videos and format -- gives the watch and accessories plenty of screen time.

The pieces are boring though.
steadywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 07:40 AM   #23
WhiskeyNovember
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Great vids - appreciate OP putting LWC on my radar!
WhiskeyNovember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 07:49 AM   #24
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
He's one of the channels I'm subscribed too, think he does a good job with the presentation and content.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 07:57 AM   #25
Ceaiu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
I like his videos a lot. He seems authentic.
Ceaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 06:51 PM   #26
Rolex Essex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, DJ & Sub
I like his videos, he’s the ‘Disney Collector’ of watches.
His voice reminds me of Michael Schumacher.
Rolex Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 07:20 PM   #27
Muxi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Lugs View Post

Some collectors just prefer the modern references. Nothing wrong with that in my book. At any rate, any modern collector of today who keeps his watches may be the source or curator of classic references in 30 years.

Just like for cars, some collectors do not have the patience to restore vintage pieces that can be a parts dead end.
Muxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 01:25 AM   #28
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muxi View Post
Some collectors just prefer the modern references. Nothing wrong with that in my book. At any rate, any modern collector of today who keeps his watches may be the source or curator of classic references in 30 years.

Just like for cars, some collectors do not have the patience to restore vintage pieces that can be a parts dead end.
+1, has to start somewhere.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2019, 02:18 AM   #29
watchnerdofficial
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Batman
Yes been also following him, he has a great collection! he must have great persuasive skills to get ADs to give him the hottest watches!
watchnerdofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2020, 06:21 AM   #30
MrPear
"TRF" Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leBo6_gpbaQ

As well as posting half of his collection (which is a modern hard to find reference candy shop) he's teased an incredibly rare vintage Rolex... "less that 15 made" not a Newman.

Thoughts?

Split seconds?

I know he's active on the forum and I've been a fan of his content and approach to collecting for a while.... But less than 15 made, and "worth 3x all of his collection"

Very surprised to see what it is!
MrPear is offline   Reply With Quote