The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 July 2018, 05:41 AM   #31
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
This for sure..

Watch is 100% legit... and we can't say that something like that can't happen' to AP... they send missaligned screw ROO and minute repeater with missing logo to the biggest watch fair.
Are you serious?? Ive never heard bout those news though
DanielBoncu2902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 06:54 AM   #32
ufboy73
Banned

There is a difference between ‘has been opened’ and ‘who’ has opened it - i think is the point being made.

This seems really simple / at the end of the day you have to be comfortable with things. Others have stated what would (and would not lead them to being comfortable) and that may or may not align with what leads to your comfort.

Do what is best for you.

For me, AT MINIMUM, i would send it thru AP. That’s the only i would get sound peace of mind, for ME.

I would also debate whether I just wanted to sell this watch back and hunt for a better example.
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 07:06 AM   #33
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBoncu2902 View Post
Are you serious?? Ive never heard bout those news though
They did it at this SIHH 6 months ago... ok, these were not production models but it's event worse because these models were presented to to whole audience of journalists, ADs representatives, VIP customers...

And don't be so judicial even if people at APSC did this (but probably they didn't)... at the end of the day it's just a screw... at monthly basis doctors and medical technicians leave gauze in human bodies after operation ... shit happens and missaligned screw is not the smelliest one...

Send it to the nearest official service center, if someone else did some shitty work on AP movement get back the watch... if not, you have one of the best limited ROOS ever made in good condition and be happy with that...
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 07:08 AM   #34
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
. He is also ready to pay me back cost of service to APSC if they find something suspicious inside it.

Any thought?
Get this in writing but I would send it to AP to get checked and if it needs service have him pay for it.

Even if you have to come out of pocket for the service its not the end of the world. I would assume a watch of that age would need service and factor that in when I'm buying it.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 08:12 AM   #35
Amiroo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak Chrono
No one other than APSC should touch those screws. I was looking at an Offshore awhile ago that had the same issue, I messaged the seller and he said that he could have his watch maker easily fix it. I walked away right away knowing that there is no reason for that screw to be misaligned and it was a blessing that it was. Easy pass.
Rolex GMT-Master II BLNR 116710
Amiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 08:34 AM   #36
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
Get this in writing but I would send it to AP to get checked and if it needs service have him pay for it.

Even if you have to come out of pocket for the service its not the end of the world. I would assume a watch of that age would need service and factor that in when I'm buying it.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 09:46 AM   #37
Helmi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you. But do you really think that 7 years old AP should never be opened at all?

I dunno why somehow I agree with the seller. I have owned 2 AP before and they both have problems. My previous 15400 was like +25sec a day and 15703 had a big visible dust flying around inside the watch dial. There is also a new thread complaining that roo 44mm has problem only 10-15 mnts power reserved.

For these kind of watches, they should be opened ONLY by APSC. If it was serviced by APSC before, he as a seller should have known this from previous owners and should have the receipts /paperwork from previous service.

However, his attitude is scary because he doesn't know the details of service of such expensive watch and trying to convince you that it is not a virgin which us understandable if was serviced by APSC.

Bottom line, this watch is 90% serviced outside APSC and that by itself should have been declared by the seller before purchase. And it is enough reason for me to return the watch or at least ask for revaluation and heavy discount ( not less than 30-40%).

Sorry for being harsh but that how I like to purchase my watches.
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 11:26 AM   #38
yyzpam
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP AP Rolex PAM
I agree with most of the sentiments here. The screw heads look pretty messed up on the original FS post. I would NOT have bought the watch. However, it looks like you love it and are comfortable with it.

At this point, a trip to APSC is in order. Money well spent on piece of mind. And get them to put some new screws in.
yyzpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 12:01 PM   #39
tubojunk
"TRF" Member

I would keep the watch as you seem to love it but definitely send to AP service for a look over. If they discover any additional problems you mentioned the buyer would cover those cost. So it seems like a win win.
Rolex 126610LN
tubojunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 01:38 PM   #40
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

Thank you for all the comment here. It seems everyone suggest that at least i need to bring the watch to APSC and I will surely do it. Yes i love this watch so much, its been my dream to finally have one.

I will ask his watch maker to at least fix the screw to the correct position first as I dont see any possibilities to bring the watch to APSC within 1-2 months. It seems i cant live seeing misaligned screw before that

I got this watch with quite good price. Around usd22k and I reckon even when the seller does not want to pay the service fee, paying myself would not do me a lot of damage.
Old 11 July 2018, 01:56 PM   #41
singe89
"TRF" Member

$22k you did really well! Even paying for a full service and new strap it will be like new for under $24k. That’s a steal!
Old 11 July 2018, 02:21 PM   #42
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

Thank you. But price is just okay I guess. There is 1 Jarno for sale in this forum by last May. Seller decrease the price until $25k and only God knows whether it is sold already
Old 11 July 2018, 02:49 PM   #43
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
$22k you did really well! Even paying for a full service and new strap it will be like new for under $24k. That’s a steal!
These aren’t holding around 30 like a few years back. Still a good price.
Old 12 July 2018, 12:55 AM   #44
singe89
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
These aren’t holding around 30 like a few years back. Still a good price.
Really? I love that watch. Might need to look into finding a good example of one.
Old 12 July 2018, 01:45 AM   #45
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It took me months to sell mine. I had no takers around $24K and a couple of dealer bids I had were $18K-$20K. I ended up selling for about the equivalent of $23K USD. I was happy considering I paid less than $18K for it in 2013.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2018, 03:25 AM   #46
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
It took me months to sell mine. I had no takers around $24K and a couple of dealer bids I had were $18K-$20K. I ended up selling for about the equivalent of $23K USD. I was happy considering I paid less than $18K for it in 2013.
18k in 2013? Thats the real steal. 2013 jarno was still hot i guess. Honestly my friend bought around 26k back in 2014
Old 13 July 2018, 03:49 PM   #47
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
The main reason why it needs to go back to AP IMO is for the water resistance test, then you can relax and enjoy the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote