The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 January 2018, 04:44 AM   #1
watchdoc123
"TRF" Member

Breitling Steel bracelet question

I have never really looked at Breitling before but saw a 42 mm Marine blue Superocean dive watch from a distance on a Stainless steel bracelet that I thought was beautiful. I have always been a Rolex person. Anyway, I am inclined to order one online but was wondering about the bracelet. Is there a self adjustment mechanism on the bracelet similar to the Glidelock on the Submariner or the Easy link on say the Yachtmaster? If the bracelet is too big or small is it easy to adjust or do you need to take it to the jeweler? I have never seen one in the flesh. If it is hard to adjust i may just get it on a rubber strap. Also, what should I expect to pay for one? thanks for your help to all of you who love and wear Breitling watches :)
watchdoc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2018, 05:18 AM   #2
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

There are adjustments inside the clasp but they use a spring bar. It's not too hard to move and you won't need to take it to a jeweler if you want to either add or subtract using that. Breitlings come from the AD based on how you configure it. I'd recommend buying it on the bracelet and including the rubber strap to maximize the discount. If you add a strap later, you're most likely going to pay full retail.
jnelson3097 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2018, 09:50 AM   #3
watchdoc123
"TRF" Member

Is the Breitling bracelet like the older Rolex bracelets before the updated clasps on the sub, GMT and yachtmaster (kind of “tin can” like) or is it more substantial?
watchdoc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2018, 03:30 PM   #4
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
extremely substantial and well put together. Very unlikely to stretch. Much better than older rolex bracelets but like older rolex sport watches with the pin that can be let out or brought in about half an inch with a tooth pick.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote