The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16 January 2018, 08:23 PM   #1
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Update... And apologies....

All,

I thought I would take a minute and update those of you who have been so kind to send your best wishes to me and to just give you all an update... and an apology. I hope this is the right forum to do this as I seem to spend the most of my time conversing here. If not, moderators, please feel free to move this to the place you deem most fit.

As many will remember, I had hip replacement surgery last March (2017) that didn't go well. Two weeks afterward it broke out of my femur and I had to go into an emergency surgery to have it put back together with some radiator clamps.

A couple weeks later I began to have some weird nerve issues. To make a short story out of it, I have been laid up since May until now. Not able to go out to the post office or to Sonic! Tragedy of tragedies!

Then in September, my youngest daughter developed an especially virulent strain of cancer. This is very, very bad stuff. I already lost my son and don't want to go through anything like that again. It metastasized to her lungs in a matter of 2 weeks. Needless to say, it has been a blender of turbulence for the last several months and I felt I needed to explain to you all that have been so kind in sending PMs, but haven't received a response from me. I do try to take a few minutes every couple of days to get my mind off of things and post generally, but not personally.

I want to apologize to all of you that have been contacting me, but I have been slow or non-existent in returning your correspondence.

To bring things up to date:

I am scheduled to go back into surgery this February 7th for more surgery, but may put it off due to all of the issues we are facing.

I just want you all to know how much I value your prayers and wishes. It has been a really tough year, but the one thing I know is that I do NOT sit on the throne of my life. There is a loving Savior in heaven that has the hairs of my head numbered (not to big of a deal as I am almost bald... hehehe) and He never slumbers or sleeps. And because of His presence I don't have to stew in my own juices. He is wonderful and ever present with me. Ever faithful and an ever present help in our time of need.

Thank you again guys. I wish I could name you all, but especially Jim (jar), Form (Formulansx), Juantxo, Lion (Leo).... Again...I wish I could name you all, but just know you are all wonderful and remembered in my book!

And again I do feel very badly about not spending more time keeping in contact. Hopefully things will turn in the near future and it will all be back to normal. And we can all salivate together of the pens we love!

Have a great week!

Richard
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote