The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 29 March 2020, 09:59 AM   #1
Jacek
2024 Pledge Member

FS: 1962 Rolex 5512 with an Extremely Tropical Dial

FS: 1962 Rolex 5512 with an Extremely Tropical Dial

Serial #: 870XXX

Description: Case: Thick case that has seen a lifetime of gentle desert use. The original bevels are still visible and the there are no major dents in the case. The beautiful case is complemented by the original thick font bezel that has faded to a ghost lavender hue. The original radium bezel pearl glows under UV and fades at the same rate as the hands and dial The inside of the caseback is stamped IV 62 Dial: This 2 line silver dial is the best tropical gilt chapter ring dial that I have ever seen. The level of fade transcends tropical. It's not brown, it's wet mustard yellow. The surface of the dial is still shiny with extremely light spidering from age and sun exposure. The gilt print is still sharp and the 2 lines of silver text bring in a crazy pop of silver color. The luminous material has not chipped and has only slightly discolored over time. Even the explanation dot under the 6 o'clock marker is still full and even. The hands glow at the sam rate as the dial and are also original to the watch. Bracelet: New grey suede Molequin Strap Accessories: None Notes: The story of this watch is as fascinating as the watch itself. It was original bought by a collector in a market in Cairo, Egypt. I'll let your mind wander to the story that gives you the most joy.

Offered at: $149,850

Feel free to text me at (415) 260-9129 or email me at
sales@tropicalwatch.com with any questions that you may have.
References upon request.  

Follow me on instagram: @watchand

Full refund minus shipping costs if not happy after 3 day inspection period.
Thanks,

Jacek

Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote