The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 August 2019, 09:42 AM   #1
Jkos499
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5
Help Me Identify These Watches

Hello All,

Long story short, I inherited some watches and am trying to figure out some more information about them.

One is a Rolex Oyster & the other is an 18k with a Geneve Dial.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-8284 (1).JPG (168.7 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-8283 (1).JPG (174.9 KB, 160 views)
Jkos499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 01:22 PM   #2
MILGAUSS88
"TRF" Member
 
MILGAUSS88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: mississippi river
Posts: 1,474
All of the Geneve watches I have seen are cheap. Less than $50.
The Rolex is a reference 1008 with a Zephyr bezel and crosshair dial.
Probably made in the 1950s.

Last edited by MILGAUSS88; 19 August 2019 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: ....
MILGAUSS88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 05:23 AM   #3
Jkos499
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILGAUSS88 View Post
All of the Geneve watches I have seen are cheap. Less than $50.
The Rolex is a reference 1008 with a Zephyr bezel and crosshair dial.
Probably made in the 1950s.
Thanks for the info on the Rolex!
Jkos499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 06:38 AM   #4
MILGAUSS88
"TRF" Member
 
MILGAUSS88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: mississippi river
Posts: 1,474
I just read, your description again.
Are you saying the Geneve watch is solid 18k gold?!

If that is the case, 18k is worth around $34/gram. and I would estimate the weight between 100g to 120g.
In my opinion I don't think the watch is collectible. Just worth what the scrap gold is worth.
MILGAUSS88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 12:19 PM   #5
Jkos499
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILGAUSS88 View Post
I just read, your description again.
Are you saying the Geneve watch is solid 18k gold?!

If that is the case, 18k is worth around $34/gram. and I would estimate the weight between 100g to 120g.
In my opinion I don't think the watch is collectible. Just worth what the scrap gold is worth.
Yes, the watch is 18k solid. Itís on a Rolex band.
Jkos499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 08:34 AM   #6
waspy1
2019 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Real Name: Jeff
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkos499 View Post
Yes, the watch is 18k solid. Itís on a Rolex band.


If itís a genuine 18k Rolex band, itíll be worth a lot more than scrap value if itís in decent condition.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
waspy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.