The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 June 2019, 07:04 AM   #1
mightormagic
"TRF" Member

Need advice buying a 1991 Datejust Ladies Watch

Hi, I'm considering getting this watch for my wife. It costs around 4k USD. Condition: excellent.

The only thing that concerns me is the year is 1991. I have no experience of an old rolex or any rolex (lol), is it reliable, is it easy to service if something has issue?

Or should i buy a more recent year rolex?

Thank you for your help.
mightormagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 07:15 AM   #2
Walts
"TRF" Member

You must also check the band , Many times they have heavy wear . If you hold the watch at a 90 degree angle to the floor is the band parallel to the floor or does it kinda fall over ? Generally M. Young or Rolliworks can repair a band. Do they have the service history of the watch ? Or will it need a service ? You must figure all of the above into the cost.
Walts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 07:24 AM   #3
mightormagic
"TRF" Member

Here is the link of the picture.
https://imgur.com/a/S0o7rvO
Old 18 June 2019, 09:15 AM   #4
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
You need a picture of the bracelet. Could be a lot of stretch
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 10:03 AM   #5
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts View Post
You must also check the band , Many times they have heavy wear . If you hold the watch at a 90 degree angle to the floor is the band parallel to the floor or does it kinda fall over ? Generally M. Young or Rolliworks can repair a band. Do they have the service history of the watch ? Or will it need a service ? You must figure all of the above into the cost.
This ^
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 12:41 PM   #6
Walts
"TRF" Member

Also consider the seller are you buying at an AD ,one of the trusted sellers on this forum or is it some "random dude" ? Does the watch come with the box and papers ? have you checked the resale price of the watch on Chrono 24 or some of the other selling sites . Or google the watch reference number. You should be provided with numerous pictures for such an $$$$ expensive purchase . If they are not forthcoming walk away . Are you getting some sort of guarantee. Check the for sale listings on this site most of the sellers have many references. Look at David SW watches website and or give him a call and you can get an idea of price points at guaranteed conditions Hope this helps you
Walts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 01:26 PM   #7
mightormagic
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the great info. I am planning to buy it from jomashop.com, used them before to buy new watches, never tried pre-owned. anyone has experience with them?