The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 8 October 2020, 05:47 PM   #61
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

Thump up! Get it if you can.
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 08:36 PM   #62
Generious
"TRF" Member

My 10 year old would love it, but not for me.
Generious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 08:46 PM   #63
Goin2drt
Banned

I like it but not enough to spend that much for one.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 09:01 PM   #64
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
The watch is OK and I am an Omega fan. Too expensive.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 10:18 PM   #65
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Never purchased an Omega, this will be my first.

I have a rule that watches need to have something about the dial and/or reverse that really impresses (preferably both), this piece does impress on both the dial and the reverse so it's a big thumbs up from me. With reference to the thread being for Rolex fans and their thoughts about the piece, my counter take would be that Rolex make good tool watches but the dial excitement is limited to a few models and the chance to impress on the reverse is absolutely non existent - Rolex simply couldn't come up with such a piece which I think is a shame as the world needs a bit of whimsy.
Russell996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 11:02 PM   #66
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
another omega overpriced, desperate cash grab. are they going to release pointless snoopy anniversary editions every 5 year now?

Dislikes:

-cliché navy blue and white colors, just to make sure they can reel in the customers to place an order.
-cheap strap that will wear down after a year of daily use, charging 10k USD for a nylon strap is quite insulting as far as I'm concerned.
-gimmicky snoopy animation that looks like a middle school science project with that obvious stick attached to the snoopy module.

for that price, I would go for a 50th anniversary speedmaster on the pre-owned market. at least you get a steel bracelet and some tasteful gold for your buck.
Although I like the new Snoopy I agree with some of this. Putting this on a nylon strap AND not even putting it on a deployant clasp is ridiculous for the money they are charging. If they had this strap and also included a steel bracelet I would be fine with it. But a TANG BUCKLE on a NYLON strap for a $10K watch??? Come on! And this business of they were nice enough to do this so you could get a good look at the caseback??? I have a Speedy Moonphase on deployant and I can see my display caseback just fine with a deployant strap.

Also agree on the "stick" on the caseback. Just seems like there might have been a better way to do that so you don't see a plastic popsickle stick holding up Snoopy's command module. Love everything else about the caseback but once you see the stick it's hard to unsee it. Wish they could have found another way.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 11:16 PM   #67
JeromeAD
"TRF" Member

I’ve got more Snoopy Speedys presold/swipe-card-ready-wait-list than I do 2020 Sub 41s.
JeromeAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 11:56 PM   #68
wlchuccc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Although I like the new Snoopy I agree with some of this. Putting this on a nylon strap AND not even putting it on a deployant clasp is ridiculous for the money they are charging. If they had this strap and also included a steel bracelet I would be fine with it. But a TANG BUCKLE on a NYLON strap for a $10K watch??? Come on! And this business of they were nice enough to do this so you could get a good look at the caseback??? I have a Speedy Moonphase on deployant and I can see my display caseback just fine with a deployant strap.

Also agree on the "stick" on the caseback. Just seems like there might have been a better way to do that so you don't see a plastic popsickle stick holding up Snoopy's command module. Love everything else about the caseback but once you see the stick it's hard to unsee it. Wish they could have found another way.
Couldn't agree more with this; this is exactly how I felt when I saw the price tag. It still is actually, but this watch is growing on me each day
wlchuccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2020, 01:43 PM   #69
horseShu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Aqua Terra
I like it! Great color! Great movement (caliber 3861). Love the extra touch on the case back!
horseShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2020, 01:49 PM   #70
calvin888
"TRF" Member

Nice watch has a great history behind it.. the price is too ambitious
calvin888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2020, 01:54 PM   #71
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Like the watch but........

Wish it came on SS bracelet
Price is high!!
Would like to see it in person, pictures aren’t showing “silver” dial
Old 12 October 2020, 08:51 PM   #72
rolexjackson
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, GMT, Daytona
Meh
rolexjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 01:48 AM   #73
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Looks like something the Franklin Mint would come up with. That is not a $10,000 watch unless we accept that the blue strap is somehow worth $1000 more than a bracelet, the dial is $2000 and the caseback has a $3000 work of art on it.

Sent from my Motorola Bag Phone
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 05:02 AM   #74
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
I like it, but from experience silver and white dials never last with me for some reason. I prefer the Apollo 11 steel and gold, which with each release subsequently looks a bargain (at least at U.K. prices).

I do think the case back is cool, but it’s the sort of thing I’ll look at on the day I get it and then likely never again.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 08:37 AM   #75
AlTinkster92
"TRF" Member

It's ok, wouldn't buy one though.... hype is way over rated IMHO
AlTinkster92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 09:02 AM   #76
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
Looks like something the Franklin Mint would come up with. That is not a $10,000 watch unless we accept that the blue strap is somehow worth $1000 more than a bracelet, the dial is $2000 and the caseback has a $3000 work of art on it.

Well said that way....
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 04:09 PM   #77
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
No, not for me
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 06:40 PM   #78
Dini
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060/126710BLRO
I think it's a great looking watch. I'm hoping to buy one but I understand the price is on the high side and I wouldn't be too pleased if they rolled out stupid amounts of them to the point they were just sitting in the display cases.
Dini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 08:57 PM   #79
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJZS2K View Post
Yeah I think I read this is not a limited production piece on their site. Can't find it now.

I like the colors but I also am a sucker for white dial and blue accents. Would need to see one first though before committing.
The Daytona isn't limited either but..
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 09:16 PM   #80
wlchuccc
"TRF" Member

the more I see this piece, the more I like it. I still agree that Omega has been very aggressive on this one. But guys, if you like it, buy what you love and wear it in good health. I doubt there will be a huge discount on this one in the second market anyway. So get one if you like it, or move on to another if it doesn't click on you!
wlchuccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 09:28 PM   #81
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Like the dial and colours, but not a fan of the caseback. Would have much preferred to see the movement instead.

The price is also super high for a Speedy on strap, couldn't pay that.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 01:36 AM   #82
Taylorgold
Banned

It looks good, but still considering it.
Taylorgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 04:05 AM   #83
klenboy
"TRF" Member

I think it's a wonderful watch! I'd probably get a bracelet for it as well, it seems it suits it better than the strap with just tang buckle.
klenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 06:09 AM   #84
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klenboy View Post
I think it's a wonderful watch! I'd probably get a bracelet for it as well, it seems it suits it better than the strap with just tang buckle.
I think people don't under stand why omega put it on a tang buckle. So you can properly view the watches best feature, that amazing animated case back. With a deployment buckle or bracelet the clasp would always be in the way.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 06:23 AM   #85
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
I think people don't under stand why omega put it on a tang buckle. So you can properly view the watches best feature, that amazing animated case back. With a deployment buckle or bracelet the clasp would always be in the way.

That makes sense.

But there are a lot of us who don't understand why Omega put that animated case back on it.

zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 06:29 AM   #86
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
That makes sense.

But there are a lot of us who don't understand why Omega put that animated case back on it.

Why not? The Snoopy watches are supposed not be fun and light hearted. It's a cool feature and people either love it or hate it and that's a good thing. I love it because ya it's gimmicky but it's on the underside of the watch not in your face on the dial.

Old 23 October 2020, 06:33 AM   #87
Maxtor
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp 1, DJ Tuxedo
I like the design but don't love the tie in Snoopy character on the dial. Feel the same about the 007 watches. For big $ watches I think it would be preferable if they restrict the tie-ins to the case back. Now on a fun priced watch I go the other way. Like the Timex Marlin line with the Peanuts dials. Cheap and fun.
Maxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 07:07 AM   #88
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:

Omega deployant buckles are really easy to undo to open up the strap. I still think it was a cost saving feature.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 09:37 AM   #89
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:

Folks it is no way difficult to see and enjoy a caseback with an Omega deployant clasp in place. And if turning it slightly to the side is not your cup of tea, just take the strap out of the clasp which takes like 3 seconds. This was just a convenient way for Omega to lower their cost and still charge an arm and a leg for this watch.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 09:39 AM   #90
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Agree you can see the caseback on a angle with the deployment but personal I prefer the tang buckle always over the deployment. Feels so much better on the under side of my wrist.