The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19 October 2018, 01:39 AM   #1
T3F
"TRF" Member

Mod Help: Group Order Thread Deleted

Hi Mods,

I posted a thread last night about a fun project for the forum where we all collectively come up with a special dial design for a Tudor Black Bay 58 and place a custom order for it with Tudor. A few hours later, it was deleted. I'm assuming the mod who deleted it didn't read it carefully, saw that I put the price for the watch that would come out of this project in the thread for informational purposes, and assumed it was a "for sale" post. It wasn't a "for sale" post by any stretch, as I wasn't "selling" anything and I would benefit monetarily in no way at all -- I'll actually take a financial hit if it works, as I'm going to buy a few of the custom watches . It was simply a cool project that other members seemed equally excited about -- in the 7 or so hours the thread was up, it was closing in on two full pages of posts, all of which were positive feedback, interest, and suggestions for what the dial design might be. In the 6 or so hours since the thread was deleted, I was sent 9 - yes, 9 -- PMs from people who were excited about the project and confused/upset about the thread being axed.

This is a very cool and unique project that has a lot of members very excited and seems to have a pretty good chance of happening in reality. Nobody who read the post interpreted it as a "for sale" post, and nobody was upset or thought it was inappropriate in the least. Is there any way the thread could be reinstated? Right now it shows as "Moved," but is inaccessible if you click on it. If it is permanently gone, could I recreate the thread and have it not get deleted? Happy to have a conversation about this and answer any additional questions. Again, I think it would be very unfortunate if this project, which is a dream opportunity for many here on TRF including myself, couldn't go forward because its intent was misinterpreted as breaching the community guidelines.

Thanks for your help!