The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 October 2018, 11:02 PM   #1
HONDABBQ
"TRF" Member

No half links? WTF?

I have had my Z Blue for a while now. It is my first Rolex, and I love it still.

Its been a love hate thing, as it just doesn't quite sit right on my wrist. With the EL closed its rather tight and leaves imprints on my wrist, plus over time it tends to be bothersome, not painful but annoying.
With the EL open, it slides up and down my wrist and rolls over to the bone side of my wrist.
Some days I guess when my wrist is swollen and the EL is open, (how I have to wear it daily as the other way only works for a short time in the day, not even an hour usually) it wears just fine.
I acquired the Bergeon tweezers a while back and tinkered but with no real progress in wear ability.

I grew tired of the sloppy watch wear and went to my AD looking for a half link. They looked it up and there are no half links available for the Milgauss. They punched in all the codes etc to check availability and there is none. WTF?

I also have a YM 116622 that I can strap on and wear with the EL closed all day long and its fine. Zero issues. Both have the same number of links top and bottom.

Im assuming the case height difference puts my Milgauss in watch purgatory. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I do have a full link that was acquired with the original purchase but I assume that with a full link, and the EL closed, and the micro adjustments shortened that it would still be too big.

This is my next course of action to bring the AD my full link and try to get that to work. I would do it myself but I don't have the screwdriver to do it.
HONDABBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2018, 11:15 PM   #2
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Unfortunately, Rolex does not include a PCL half link in any number of watches that (IMO) could benefit from it greatly, like the Millie and YM2. I couldn't get either one to fit...YMMV.

Options: I do believe, however, that they did make a half link at one time for the original YM. We had a member post this information some time ago: Polished Half Link Part #: 32-20933. If you can source one, that would do the trick. Also, you can get a half link from the subc bracelet and polish the center. Good luck!
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2018, 11:52 PM   #3
HONDABBQ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
Unfortunately, Rolex does not include a PCL half link in any number of watches that (IMO) could benefit from it greatly, like the Millie and YM2. I couldn't get either one to fit...YMMV.

Options: I do believe, however, that they did make a half link at one time for the original YM. We had a member post this information some time ago: Polished Half Link Part #: 32-20933. If you can source one, that would do the trick. Also, you can get a half link from the subc bracelet and polish the center. Good luck!
I found the thread you are referring to. The result of that part is that it didn't fit due to a smaller pin hole. It was to try to remedy my same issue on a GMT not a Milgauss. Im hesitant to try and see if that will work on my Milgauss.
Old 1 November 2018, 12:01 AM   #4
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
Milgauss looks great on rubberb! Maybe that’s your answer, at least for now.
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 12:04 AM   #5
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

The fit situation was the same for me, couldn’t get it to work either
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 12:09 AM   #6
REFZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Rolex Way
Buy a half link for a Submariner and get the center link polished and you are done.
Old 1 November 2018, 12:14 AM   #7
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by REFZ View Post
Buy a half link for a Submariner and get the center link polished and you are done.
great idea!
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 12:18 AM   #8
DFC45
"TRF" Member

Buying half links from a different watch and having them polished is a work-around. Rolex should provide links for all of their watches to ensure a proper fit.
DFC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 12:21 AM   #9
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
How many links do you have on each side? I have experienced the same on a number watches and I found playing with the links on each side helped alleviate this by adjusting how the watch sits on my wrist. Good luck
WS9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 12:31 AM   #10
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks6pd View Post
How many links do you have on each side? I have experienced the same on a number watches and I found playing with the links on each side helped alleviate this buy adjusting how the watch sits on my wrist. Good luck

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 12:37 AM   #11
HONDABBQ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks6pd View Post
how many links do you have on each side? I have experienced the same on a number watches and i found playing with the links on each side helped alleviate this buy adjusting how the watch sits on my wrist. Good luck
6+6
Old 1 November 2018, 12:39 AM   #12
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
How many links do you have on each side? I have experienced the same on a number watches and I found playing with the links on each side helped alleviate this buy adjusting how the watch sits on my wrist. Good luck
Correct, on some watches I have to do 5 on one side and 7 on the other to get the best fit.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 12:40 AM   #13
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDABBQ View Post
I have had my Z Blue for a while now. It is my first Rolex, and I love it still.

Its been a love hate thing, as it just doesn't quite sit right on my wrist. With the EL closed its rather tight and leaves imprints on my wrist, plus over time it tends to be bothersome, not painful but annoying.
With the EL open, it slides up and down my wrist and rolls over to the bone side of my wrist.
Some days I guess when my wrist is swollen and the EL is open, (how I have to wear it daily as the other way only works for a short time in the day, not even an hour usually) it wears just fine.
I acquired the Bergeon tweezers a while back and tinkered but with no real progress in wear ability.

I grew tired of the sloppy watch wear and went to my AD looking for a half link. They looked it up and there are no half links available for the Milgauss. They punched in all the codes etc to check availability and there is none. WTF?

I also have a YM 116622 that I can strap on and wear with the EL closed all day long and its fine. Zero issues. Both have the same number of links top and bottom.

Im assuming the case height difference puts my Milgauss in watch purgatory. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I do have a full link that was acquired with the original purchase but I assume that with a full link, and the EL closed, and the micro adjustments shortened that it would still be too big.

This is my next course of action to bring the AD my full link and try to get that to work. I would do it myself but I don't have the screwdriver to do it.
Have you tried adjusting the size with the 3 micro adjustment points the clasp allows, rather than relying on the 5mm the easylink provides?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Easy007web.jpg (105.9 KB, 229 views)

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 12:49 AM   #14
HONDABBQ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Have you tried adjusting the size with the 3 micro adjustment points the clasp allows, rather than relying on the 5mm the easylink provides?
Yes sir I have. I have the Bergeon tweezers and have played with the micros too.
Old 1 November 2018, 12:50 AM   #15
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I also have a Zblue with the same amount of links used as all of my others (11) on my 7" wrist l have the micro adj. at the outer position and leave the EL open as well, same problem but l like mine a little loose. It sounds like your next move may work for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 01:13 AM   #16
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Yes sir I have. I have the Bergeon tweezers and have played with the micros too.
That's a strange one. In theory, the microadjustment and taking a full link out/adding one back should give you more fine adjustment than a half link would

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 01:24 AM   #17
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
Quote:
6+6

Try 7 on the 12 top side and 5 on the 6 bottom side. It took me a few tries. One of my watches I ended at 7+4 with micro extender fully out

WS9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 01:38 AM   #18
HONDABBQ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
That's a strange one. In theory, the microadjustment and taking a full link out/adding one back should give you more fine adjustment than a half link would
I didn't take a link out from the factory setup on the bracelet.
I tried on my buddies Milgauss and it was tight going on and I thought he had his EL out and it was in so when I bought mine I asked the AD for an extra link. I never did need it at all so I still have it.
Old 1 November 2018, 01:39 AM   #19
HONDABBQ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Try 7 on the 12 top side and 5 on the 6 bottom side. It took me a few tries. One of my watches I ended at 7+4 with micro extender fully out

I know this might be my only option if the full link add on doesn't give me what I want. Time to try and find the correct screwdriver to work on this at home instead of bothering the AD with numerous changes. I am also trying to avoid the clasp being lopsided on the bottom of my wrist.