The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 September 2022, 02:45 AM   #61
head911
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnaya View Post
Its a beautiful watch. My buddy has one. I have the 116500LN black dial.

I'll be honest... I like mine better.

I passed on a 116520 when I had the chance and I dont regret it. My reason for passing was how bad the bezel looked after a couple of years of "regular" wear.

The white gold one has a white gold bezel. Unless you are really careful with it, pretty sure its not going to look great in a couple of years.

For some people it does not bother them. I'm not one of those people.
I understand your point, but this is not a daily watch for me. This more of a special occasion watch. I have a ceramic GMT, a BB 58 and 116519ln with the grey dial for more of a daily wear!! The white gold becel combined with the blue dial looks very good, both sporty and dressy at the same time!!
head911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2022, 02:47 AM   #62
head911
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Congratulations

Doesn’t this deserve it’s own incoming thread?
You think so? :)
head911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2022, 03:12 AM   #63
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by head911 View Post
You think so? :)
YES
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2022, 06:04 AM   #64
Dr H A
"TRF" Member

Fantastic watch
Dr H A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2022, 06:28 AM   #65
MiloDiThernan
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP15400 OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikon064 View Post
Dear Rolex Forum members,

Been a fan of this forum for a while and just formally created an account a few months ago, this is my first post! Would really appreciate some advice on whether I should pull the trigger on a 116509 blue Daytona from AD.

A bit of background, there's a local SA from an AD that I've had a long-term relationship for that I've occasionally picked up a few items here and there from over the past few years. I expressed my interest in an SS Daytona back in 2018. Just got a call about the 116509 blue saying that it was available for purchase if I wanted it. Obviously this is way above what I was intending to pay for but I have to admit, pics of it on YouTube look gorgeous. My main hesitation is two things. One, obviously the MSRP for this is quite higher than what I was initially planning (but not a deal-breaker). Two, all the hype about PM Daytonas seem to be focused on the platinum version, the oyster flex, and the 116509 with the green dial. My intent is to keep this watch long-term and I don't have any intention of selling it but it would be nice to know that it will hold some value in the event that I ever want to trade it in for another watch.

About my collection, I don't own any Daytonas or any chronographs for that matter so this would be my first. Would love to hear forum member's thoughts on whether I should pull the trigger on this or keep on patiently waiting. Thanks in advance for your advice!
Well, first of all, welcome. And thank you for an authentic first post. Good luck, whatever you do. A few things to think about. If your wrist is over 7.5 inches, it will look small. If the blue dial matters, then the blue on the YM40 looks more vivid. And the blue, frankly, on the 39.8mm Cartier Santos competes well. (I don’t have the YM40; I’m going by pictures.) so there are more captivating blue dials. Third, it’s not a Newman dial, so the contrast between subdials and main dial is limp. Fourth, listen to everyone who has said the bezel will break your heart inside 18 months. It’s a scratch magnet. Fifth, steel can be polished easily without looking buttery. White gold….one polish and all the edges have gone. All this said, it’s easily better than the 116500LN white dial. It’s much more comfortable than the white gold Pepsi. It’s much more captivating than the APRO blue dial. I would. Will try and send some photos.
MiloDiThernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2022, 06:41 AM   #66
MiloDiThernan
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP15400 OR
Photos

Photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0123C5AC-B816-41D9-A5FC-0B8CFBE0D46B.jpeg (72.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpeg F767A28A-9B18-4BDB-9968-01BB51531162.jpeg (97.6 KB, 62 views)
MiloDiThernan is offline   Reply With Quote