The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 15 April 2021, 02:29 PM   #31
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Hook a brother up! Can you please DM me the referral? (Assuming it's not a top secret contact)
haha, you got it, PM sent.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2021, 05:16 PM   #32
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202ST
more relevant question is what would you do with either once you have bought them?
rumnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2021, 07:17 PM   #33
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
I do believe a few of the grey dealers are probably good friends, do get dinner, do catch up and try to create a cartel. It’s totally possible given the actual number of power sellers there are on TRF - prices which most of the industry refers to as well. Everyone is trying to talk the market up too. However prices, I believe used to be dominated by the Hong Kong market, and the world used to follow. Now, it’s set by a handle of grey dealers on social media - just like you said. Why would anyone sitting on any inventory talk the market down?
Old 15 April 2021, 08:13 PM   #34
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
I do believe a few of the grey dealers are probably good friends, do get dinner, do catch up and try to create a cartel. It’s totally possible given the actual number of power sellers there are on TRF - prices which most of the industry refers to as well. Everyone is trying to talk the market up too. However prices, I believe used to be dominated by the Hong Kong market, and the world used to follow. Now, it’s set by a handle of grey dealers on social media - just like you said. Why would anyone sitting on any inventory talk the market down?
They are absolutely a cartel and are setting prices via whatsapp dealer groups. You can see how every single one of them regardless of geography quotes you the exact same price for a certain model.

Edit: Case in point, seems like all of the gray dealers are jumping on Lange at the same time. Roman Sharf, Watchbox and the rest pumping the brand on their social media and looking to buy. Watch that market being cornered in real time and expect the main Lange models to be trading above retail very soon. Manipulation happening in front of your eyes.
shkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2021, 08:37 PM   #35
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumnyc View Post
more relevant question is what would you do with either once you have bought them?
More relevant still, how do you top that watch once you decide the GF is now the wife?!? I kid of course, GF is very lucky.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2021, 10:00 PM   #36
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
More relevant still, how do you top that watch once you decide the GF is now the wife?!? I kid of course, GF is very lucky.
What if I told you I was trying to bribe her to be my wife? Once thats accomplished, it will be only Seikos and Michael Koors
Old 15 April 2021, 10:38 PM   #37
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shkure View Post
They are absolutely a cartel and are setting prices via whatsapp dealer groups. You can see how every single one of them regardless of geography quotes you the exact same price for a certain model.

Edit: Case in point, seems like all of the gray dealers are jumping on Lange at the same time. Roman Sharf, Watchbox and the rest pumping the brand on their social media and looking to buy. Watch that market being cornered in real time and expect the main Lange models to be trading above retail very soon. Manipulation happening in front of your eyes.
Buts it’s not a case of going to happen... it’s ALREADY happening. Try approaching one of them for a Lange Odysseus and you will get what I mean.
HMHM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2021, 10:46 PM   #38
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Reality is the 37mm frosted open worked is a niche piece, and expensive, so these guys are not going to tie up their funds on a piece like that for weeks on end. They do not have a lot of working capital and so they will only buy pieces they know they can move quickly, and frosted gold anything is not that kind of piece. Consignment would be the way to go on a piece like that, but I would not do it with those guys. I would want someone with a little stronger balance sheet.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2021, 10:53 PM   #39
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What if I told you I was trying to bribe her to be my wife? Once thats accomplished, it will be only Seikos and Michael Koors
RESPECT. You’re a much braver man than me.
Old 15 April 2021, 11:04 PM   #40
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Exactly. Here are some other funny bids:

Purple Code 11.59 they bid for 15k (50% below retail and 30% below market price in C24)
RO 15500 white dial they bid 26k (which is about 10% above retail but 20% below market price in C24)

All that BS they say about $1000 profits/watch is all for show. Margins are much higher. They squeeze the life out of retail sellers on one hand and then overcharge retail buyers on the other. They are no different than pawn shop, dressed in a cool social media costume.

Today i was convinced that the crazy prices for these hot pieces are largely due to gray market manipulation. And they found a beautiful way to “educate” the masses via their social media.
How could you ever believe that a dealer would be happy with 1K margin ?
That doesn’t even cover the fees.

Dealers have staff, provide warranties, pay income tax, rent, insurance, get scammed and all that for a lousy 20% bruto profit ?

Sounds like poor business to me
Old 15 April 2021, 11:32 PM   #41
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
How could you ever believe that a dealer would be happy with 1K margin ?
That doesn’t even cover the fees.

Dealers have staff, provide warranties, pay income tax, rent, insurance, get scammed and all that for a lousy 20% bruto profit ?

Sounds like poor business to me
Europeans and fat margins. (I mean that in a good way). Brutal competition in HK and China would thrive on $500 USD per unit with mad fast inventory turns and huge volumes. Plenty would be eager to undercut the fat margins to steal market share.

On that note. I DO wonder to take it off topic if international travel limitations has not had an unintended consequence of weakening HK pricing power and letting the big US greys take over the reigns a little bit with mules immobilized.
Old 16 April 2021, 07:06 AM   #42
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
Buts it’s not a case of going to happen... it’s ALREADY happening. Try approaching one of them for a Lange Odysseus and you will get what I mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_TI...nel=RomanSharf

Like clockwork. Roman Sharf with a video full of Langes...
Old 18 April 2021, 04:43 AM   #43
shkure
Banned

Update: Had to say no to this as the 37mm was too big for my gf’s wrist. A bit of a let down really as i was secretly hoping to wear it sometimes too.

On a separate note, the SA showed me a remastered 01. Fantastic watch, wears perfectly. Unfort EUR60k is a bit too steep for 2 tone chrono. Would be a buy for me at <40k. But hope they come out with more remasters of their historic pieces and hopefully at a better price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 April 2021, 01:13 PM   #44
Amiricanmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
That rose purple CODE is fire. I love mine
Amiricanmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2021, 01:25 PM   #45
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade View Post
That rose purple CODE is fire. I love mine

Agreed. And I've generally been critical of the 11.59 line-up.

I do wish they'd do a Purple with WG, though. Would make for a nice contrast, as well.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2021, 01:34 PM   #46
Monty22
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126715CHNR, 116400
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_TI...nel=RomanSharf

Like clockwork. Roman Sharf with a video full of Langes...

And I cringe when he and his partner try to pronounce it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Monty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2021, 01:39 PM   #47
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

I wish speculation was simply relegated to crypto and altcoins.

It has no place in watch collecting.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2021, 05:09 PM   #48
BrazenC5
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1665,1675,1680,SD4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
haha, you got it, PM sent.
I'd like the referral also, being local.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Old 20 April 2021, 05:15 PM   #49
SBC1986
"TRF" Member

No
SBC1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2021, 05:47 PM   #50
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Exactly. Here are some other funny bids:

Purple Code 11.59 they bid for 15k (50% below retail and 30% below market price in C24)
RO 15500 white dial they bid 26k (which is about 10% above retail but 20% below market price in C24)

All that BS they say about $1000 profits/watch is all for show. Margins are much higher. They squeeze the life out of retail sellers on one hand and then overcharge retail buyers on the other. They are no different than pawn shop, dressed in a cool social media costume.

Today i was convinced that the crazy prices for these hot pieces are largely due to gray market manipulation. And they found a beautiful way to “educate” the masses via their social media.

They will all try to bend you over first....for a very cheap price....
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2021, 12:00 AM   #51
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
They will all try to bend you over first....for a very cheap price....

Watchbox came through with a bid: 130k USD. Although lowball, at least they put a bid in.

Old 21 April 2021, 02:04 AM   #52
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Watchbox came through with a bid: 130k USD. Although lowball, at least they put a bid in.

What’s the retail on the rainbow bazel? Never got a chance to ask the boutique about this reference ?
I bought my wife the regular frosted gold double balance wheel RO at 76k from boutique which is good value to me.
kimwizzzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2021, 04:05 AM   #53
Chary
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15407ST
I wouldnt because the openwork is too small for my wrist lol..

Instagram: Chary1
Chary is offline   Reply With Quote