The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 15 April 2021, 04:26 AM   #1
crownprince
"TRF" Member

Smaller Turtle rubber band

Hi,

I own a Seiko Turtle. I was wondering if I can find a shorter OEM Seiko turtle rubber band.

Thanks in advance.
crownprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2021, 04:36 AM   #2
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownprince View Post
Hi,

I own a Seiko Turtle. I was wondering if I can find a shorter OEM Seiko turtle rubber band.

Thanks in advance.
I'd buy a Bonetto Cinturini rubber 284 flat vent [very similar to OEM Seiko] and cut the end to size using a razor and finishing w/ some sandpaper.
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3094.JPG (248.1 KB, 58 views)
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2021, 04:55 AM   #3
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Smaller Turtle rubber band

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Uncle Seiko sells the GL831 in a "short" size. Exact same reproduction look as the OEM but shorter. It's not the modern with the waffle ends. Excellent quality and material. I think the best aftermarket strap available. I have the short size for all my Seikos to swap with bracelets. Also sold in a couple other colors. I hate the OEM straps with that super long tongue end. I guess it's made for a wet suit.

Here it is on my wrist on a vintage Turtle. No tongue portion showing

Old 15 April 2021, 05:06 AM   #4
crownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
Uncle Seiko sells the GL831 in a "short" size. Exact same reproduction look as the OEM but shorter. It's not the modern with the waffle ends. Excellent quality and material. I think the best aftermarket strap available. I have the short size for all my Seikos to swap with bracelets. Also sold in a couple other colors. I hate the OEM straps with that super long tongue end. I guess it's made for a wet suit.

Here it is on my wrist on a vintage Turtle. No tongue portion showing

Thank you. I wish Seiko provide a short and long rubber band.
crownprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2021, 07:37 AM   #5
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Quote:
Thank you. I wish Seiko provide a short and long rubber band.
You can always shorten it yourself. I have shortened a few of my rubber straps. I put a quarter coin at the spot on the tongue end of the strap where I want the length to be. Press down on the quarter with your thumb and gently trace with a razor blade cutting the strap. Use sand paper to smooth and even out. Looks great. You lose the logo at the end but the strap will now be shorter and tucked closer to under your wrist where you wouldn't see it anyway.

This is an option if you want to modify the original strap which to me is no big deal because they're readily available and cheap if you want to replace.
Old 15 April 2021, 11:26 AM   #6
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
You can always shorten it yourself. I have shortened a few of my rubber straps. I put a quarter coin at the spot on the tongue end of the strap where I want the length to be. Press down on the quarter with your thumb and gently trace with a razor blade cutting the strap. Use sand paper to smooth and even out. Looks great. You lose the logo at the end but the strap will now be shorter and tucked closer to under your wrist where you wouldn't see it anyway.

This is an option if you want to modify the original strap which to me is no big deal because they're readily available and cheap if you want to replace.
I have done the same on all three of my Turtles with rubber straps. The material is very soft and cuts/buffs easily.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote