The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 21 October 2020, 10:05 PM   #31
Claven2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageRX View Post
I guess you have a point there with the garbage dial, but I just got the watch serviced last year so I’m good for another 5ish years. In the meantime I’ll think about the rsc option, but RolliWorks is also very appealing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolliworks does good case work and bracelet work. Not sure they can get original new 1601 parts or not? Definitely they can't get service dials.
Claven2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 10:13 PM   #32
VintageRX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
Rolliworks does good case work and bracelet work. Not sure they can get original new 1601 parts or not? Definitely they can't get service dials.

Good point, maybe I’ll do a rolliworks overhaul first then send it to RSC for a internal service so that all the gears can be replaced. Just hope they still service the 1570 movements, which I think they will

VintageRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 03:48 PM   #33
VintageRX
"TRF" Member

I can’t believe it

So I was looking through eBay at 2am my time because I couldn’t sleep and decided to search eBay. I thought that for fun I would check out the “completed/sold” when searching for a silver 1601 dial. Came across the exact dial I’ve been looking for at 207$ USD all in, but since it was in the complete/sold I thought “ugh that’s my dial, I missed out”. However, I clicked on it, just to convince myself that I didn’t miss out, and lo and behold I was given an option to buy it now, make an offer and add to my watch list. I messed the seller to see verify that I wasn’t dreaming, then sent in a offer, but after sending in the offer I saw that he already had 5 inquiries so I decided to pay the $200 USD and secure my dial. I just hope he still has it, fingers crossed haha.

Thanks again guys for the advice, in a matter of days I was able to find the dial I was looking for, at about half the cost of the original one in question

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/143607599978

#watchgodsarereal XD

Old 22 October 2020, 08:33 PM   #34
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can’t believe it

So I was looking through eBay at 2am my time because I couldn’t sleep and decided to search eBay. I thought that for fun I would check out the “completed/sold” when searching for a silver 1601 dial. Came across the exact dial I’ve been looking for at 207$ USD all in, but since it was in the complete/sold I thought “ugh that’s my dial, I missed out”. However, I clicked on it, just to convince myself that I didn’t miss out, and lo and behold I was given an option to buy it now, make an offer and add to my watch list. I messed the seller to see verify that I wasn’t dreaming, then sent in a offer, but after sending in the offer I saw that he already had 5 inquiries so I decided to pay the $200 USD and secure my dial. I just hope he still has it, fingers crossed haha.

Thanks again guys for the advice, in a matter of days I was able to find the dial I was looking for, at about half the cost of the original one in question

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/143607599978

#watchgodsarereal XD

hopefully you get it! i'd say the few extra days were worth the savings =D
330ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 08:36 PM   #35
VintageRX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post

I hope so too!! :) I’ll keep the threat up to date. I’ve also ordered a rebuilt oval jubilee bracelet from rolliworks.

Old 23 October 2020, 06:51 AM   #36
VintageRX
"TRF" Member

1601 replacement dial prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post

Everything went smoothly, spoke to the manager I believe. The dial in the pictures is the one I’ll receive. Real pleasure to deal with, swissice has given me flawless service.

Old 10 November 2020, 01:44 AM   #37
rolex2020_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I guess you have a point there with the garbage dial, but I just got the watch serviced last year so I’m good for another 5ish years. In the meantime I’ll think about the rsc option, but RolliWorks is also very appealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
Umm... because last November rsc restored my 1601 and put in a new dial.
How much did ad charge you for a new service dial ? And did they let you choose the colour of the dial ?
rolex2020_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2020, 02:38 AM   #38
s1im
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610ln
there are some 1601's made for the saudi market that had gold markers and gold hands on an oyster steel bracelet with a 18ct wg fluted bezel.
I have one that has original dial (sigma) and full matching paperwork, I thought it was a dial change until i did a lot of research into it!
EEE9ED0A-AFC0-4099-BD21-6DD3307783D6_zpswd2yo7mk-2.jpg
s1im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2020, 02:50 AM   #39
VintageRX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1im View Post
there are some 1601's made for the saudi market that had gold markers and gold hands on an oyster steel bracelet with a 18ct wg fluted bezel.
I have one that has original dial (sigma) and full matching paperwork, I thought it was a dial change until i did a lot of research into it!
Attachment 1183630

That’s interesting! Many would just say that’s been put together .

Tags
1601 , dial , replacement