The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 24 May 2019, 11:58 PM   #1
Pure_class
"TRF" Member

Sub 16610 Bracelet evolution

Hello - I have been google searching and looking on TRF about the technical evolution of the 16610 bracelet. I have found typical information but not exactly what I was looking for. I know at the turn of the 2000s Rolex introduced the SELs to the sub but was the clasp ever reworked from the 90s "tiny" described stamped clasp? Also prior to the glidelock did any 16610 bracelet contain solid center links also? I have been looking at subs from 2004-2008 and seems like there were more changes during that time but I can't find anything to verify 100%.
Pure_class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 04:58 AM   #2
Blackdog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_class View Post
Hello - I have been google searching and looking on TRF about the technical evolution of the 16610 bracelet. I have found typical information but not exactly what I was looking for. I know at the turn of the 2000s Rolex introduced the SELs to the sub but was the clasp ever reworked from the 90s "tiny" described stamped clasp? Also prior to the glidelock did any 16610 bracelet contain solid center links also? I have been looking at subs from 2004-2008 and seems like there were more changes during that time but I can't find anything to verify 100%.
Pre-ca2000 the 16610 used the 93150 bracelet. With stamped end links and a simple stamped diver's extension that simply folds inside the clasp but has nothing to hold it in place.
After ca2000 the 16610 changed to the 93250 bracelet (the SEL version). This has a similar stamped clasp shell but has an updated diver's extension that snaps closed inside the clasp, similar to the one on the 16600 Sea Dweller. And the connecting link to the front of the clasp is also a more solid piece like the one of the mentioned SD but the size of a half link.

None of the pre-glidelock bracelets had solid centre links. Hope it helps.
Blackdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 09:33 AM   #3
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

None of the pre-glidelock bracelets had solid centre links. Hope it helps.
The 18k 16618 always had solid centre links. The TT 16613 and SS 16610 always had hollow centre links.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote