The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 13 October 2020, 03:13 AM   #1
Stewart_88
"TRF" Member

My experience with a new AD - UK

Sorry for the long post but thought I'd share my experience with a new AD I've visited.

My local AD I got my air king through I find not helpful or even a little bit interested when I pop in to talk about the next models I'm interested in (DJ41 & GMT BLNR), she said 18-24 months for blue DJ, and 5 years for BLNR but couldn't guarantee I'll ever get one, and did they have too many big spenders to look after. doesn't even write anything down, just nods her head and can't wait for me to leave the store it feels like.

I read a thread on here from someone called Ricky who dealt with James at Pragnells in London.

So 3 weeks ago I made a phone call and made an appointment at pragnells in London, a week later got on a train, met James and was speaking for over an hour, he was a really nice bloke to talk to and full of information. He took my details for the DJ41 and also invited me to the rolex new releases event in they're Stratford upon Avon store.

After visiting the store today in Stratford upon Avon, absolute stunning store and building as you can imagine if you know the history of the town and William shakespeare.

I went in expecting to put my name down on the 126610LV, After having a glass of champagne and a coffee while viewing the new pieces, realised the sub and the green isn't really for me and I would only be getting it as Ive previously been told I can't get a BLNR.

I had an appointment with Leona was very helpful, I also met Mr Pragnell who is the grandson of the founder of Pragnell jewellers, he was an absolute gent and told me if I want a BLNR then they will do all they can to make it happen.

I could be wrong and just hoping too much but I feel confident this AD is going to help me with my collection and fingers crossed maybe I'll be able to post some incomings in the next couple of years.

This is a link to the history of the Pragnells store in Stratford upon Avon for those who are intrested.

https://www.pragnell.co.uk/pragnell-...-avon-showroom

Absolutely stunning show rooms and great customer service, both in London and Stratford upon Avon.

Jamie
Stewart_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 03:22 AM   #2
greengold
Banned

Ah yes I walked in when we were visiting just chanced my luck on a no date sub expecting to be told not a chance but he took my details and said he would 'pass it onto the allocation team' which I didnt think meant I had a chance but you never know. Nice store.
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 03:24 AM   #3
Stewart_88
"TRF" Member

Was that the London or Stratford store?
Old 13 October 2020, 03:42 AM   #4
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_88 View Post
Was that the London or Stratford store?
Stratford
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 03:54 AM   #5
RickyMcG89
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry for the long post but thought I'd share my experience with a new AD I've visited.

My local AD I got my air king through I find not helpful or even a little bit interested when I pop in to talk about the next models I'm interested in (DJ41 & GMT BLNR), she said 18-24 months for blue DJ, and 5 years for BLNR but couldn't guarantee I'll ever get one, and did they have too many big spenders to look after. doesn't even write anything down, just nods her head and can't wait for me to leave the store it feels like.

I read a thread on here from someone called Richie who dealt with James at Pragnells in London.

So 3 weeks ago I made a phone call and made an appointment at pragnells in London, a week later got on a train, met James and was speaking for over an hour, he was a really nice bloke to talk to and full of information. He took my details for the DJ41 and also invited me to the rolex new releases event in they're Stratford upon Avon store.

After visiting the store today in Stratford upon Avon, absolute stunning store and building as you can imagine if you know the history of the town and William shakespeare.

I went in expecting to put my name down on the 126610LV, After having a glass of champagne and a coffee while viewing the new pieces, realised the sub and the green isn't really for me and I would only be getting it as Ive previously been told I can't get a BLNR.

I met Mr Pragnell who is the grandson of the founder of Pragnell jewellers, he was an absolute gent and told me if I want a BLNR then they will do all they can to make it happen.

I could be wrong and just hoping too much but I feel confident this AD is going to help me with my collection and fingers crossed maybe I'll be able to post some incomings in the next couple of years.

This is a link to the history of the Pragnells store in Stratford upon Avon for those who are intrested.

https://www.pragnell.co.uk/pragnell-...-avon-showroom

Absolutely stunning show rooms and great customer service, both in London and Stratford upon Avon.

Jamie
I think the post was from me i recently dealt with James at Pragnells Mayfair and John and Marc at the Stratford branch.

Good to hear you’re having some success 👍🏻
RickyMcG89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 04:26 AM   #6
Stewart_88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMcG89 View Post
I think the post was from me i recently dealt with James at Pragnells Mayfair and John and Marc at the Stratford branch.

Good to hear you’re having some success 👍🏻
Yes I believe it was from yourself, regarding an OP for your mother or mother in law if im correct
Old 13 October 2020, 05:19 AM   #7
RickyMcG89
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes I believe it was from yourself, regarding an OP for your mother or mother in law if im correct
Correct good memory, glad to hear they were helpful and hopefully you get a call soon. Can’t wait to see the pictures
RickyMcG89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 05:58 AM   #8
Ranger67
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB Bluesy
Heading to Stratford-Upon-Avon store Friday, as you say they make it a pleasant experience.
Ranger67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 07:36 AM   #9
Stewart_88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMcG89 View Post
Correct good memory, glad to hear they were helpful and hopefully you get a call soon. Can’t wait to see the pictures
Fingers crossed, I know James at Mayfair store is trying his hardest to get me my datejust for my birthday end of december as I put in a cheeky request but I understand if he can't, it would be nice though as my wife and I are staying in London for my birthday.
Old 13 October 2020, 07:38 AM   #10
Stewart_88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger67 View Post
Heading to Stratford-Upon-Avon store Friday, as you say they make it a pleasant experience.
Lovely area, I've only ever been there before on the bikes. my wife was happy with a bit of clothes shipping.

Who are you booked in to see for your appointment?
Old 13 October 2020, 07:48 AM   #11
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Good luck, hope they come through for you.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 07:58 AM   #12
Longwool
"TRF" Member

Hmmn my experience of Pragnells in Stratford is not as good. Visited when in Stratford on business and was looking for a Polar Explorer 2
Not the most sought after and difficult watch to secure.
They were perfectly pleasant at the store and took my details with a promise to follow up. I have heard nothing since and in the meantime (18 months) bought 4 Rolex from my local AD
Their loss I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Longwool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 08:29 PM   #13
Stewart_88
"TRF" Member

Been on phone to James this morning, they have a datejust ready for me, the exact spec how I wanted it. Deposit paid and will be collecting this week. Brilliant customer service.

Thank you RickyMcG89 for your initial post which got me to contact and try a different AD.

Jamie