The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 November 2020, 04:16 AM   #1
jackminny15
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changin'
Who has an Aqua Terra on the rubber strap?

I think I am going to be picking one of these up. Black dial and black strap. Anyone have that exact watch who would be willing to post some pics? If you own this watch (black or not), thoughts? Is it top heavy given the rubber bracelet? How's the durability? Any issues?

Please and thank you!
jackminny15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 04:45 AM   #2
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
I've got my 38 white/opaline on the integrated OEM black rubber. It's absolutely fantastic. Quite possibly the best rubber strap and best deployant I've come across on any watch. The excess strap tucks away neatly and the deployant is outstanding, super comfortable, and well machined. The total weight of the watch is perfection. Very light, but not too light that it feels flimsy. It sits securely. The integrated metal endlink gives it a touch of elegance and premium design.

I don't think you'd be disappointed by the black-on-black configuration. I was very tempted by that one. My advice is to see one in person at an AD or OB, try it on.

By the way: I added the rubber strap after my original purchase (bracelet) and quite honestly you're best off skipping the bracelet and getting it on strap, because it's very expensive to buy the strap, deployant, and metal end-links as a package. Nearly $730, which is more than just adding the bracelet later (edit: when you account for the difference in the original purchase price... )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AT_rubber.jpg (287.2 KB, 191 views)
TimeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 07:21 AM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
I don't own one, but I tried one on at my local dealer and was struck by how perfectly comfortable it is. The strap looks fantastic in person, too.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 09:23 AM   #4
jackminny15
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
I've got my 38 white/opaline on the integrated OEM black rubber. It's absolutely fantastic. Quite possibly the best rubber strap and best deployant I've come across on any watch. The excess strap tucks away neatly and the deployant is outstanding, super comfortable, and well machined. The total weight of the watch is perfection. Very light, but not too light that it feels flimsy. It sits securely. The integrated metal endlink gives it a touch of elegance and premium design.

I don't think you'd be disappointed by the black-on-black configuration. I was very tempted by that one. My advice is to see one in person at an AD or OB, try it on.

By the way: I added the rubber strap after my original purchase (bracelet) and quite honestly you're best off skipping the bracelet and getting it on strap, because it's very expensive to buy the strap, deployant, and metal end-links as a package. Nearly $730, which is more than just adding the bracelet later (edit: when you account for the difference in the original purchase price... )
Thanks very much. Looks great on you! I am planning to skip the bracelet for sure ....
jackminny15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 02:18 PM   #5
wrxdev
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
I have the slate blue 41 on a strap. It is super comfortable and feels rich. It is light and absorbs the weight of the case well. It gently hugs the wrist and you can easily find the right fit. There are no minder loops as the strap goes on the inside.

As others have said, buy the watch with the rubber strap as default and then later get the bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wrxdev is offline   Reply With Quote