The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 18 November 2017, 06:09 PM   #31
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Congratulations. I love this
Old 18 November 2017, 10:05 PM   #32
gummy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: AP PP Rolex
Subscribed.

So sweet...congrats!
Old 18 November 2017, 10:07 PM   #33
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Congrats in advance Karl
Old 18 November 2017, 10:51 PM   #34
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats!
Old 18 November 2017, 11:11 PM   #35
WatchinMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Saxonia Moonphase
Love the syringe hands! Congrats
Old 18 November 2017, 11:17 PM   #36
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations
Old 19 November 2017, 02:32 AM   #37
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Congratulations on your new watch
Old 19 November 2017, 02:48 AM   #38
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Look forward to unboxing.
Old 23 November 2017, 12:07 PM   #39
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Congrats Karl!!!

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Old 23 November 2017, 05:59 PM   #40
pam66
"TRF" Member

so where are the pics Karl?????:::))))
Old 23 November 2017, 06:05 PM   #41
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam66 View Post
so where are the pics Karl?????:::))))
Karl is banned. you can try DMing him on instagram @karlstumke
Old 23 November 2017, 06:06 PM   #42
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Karl is banned. you can try DMing him on instagram @karlstumke
and why that??????
Old 23 November 2017, 09:13 PM   #43
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam66 View Post
and why that??????
Look here.
Old 23 November 2017, 09:22 PM   #44
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
Look here.
amazing how govberg et people agitated:::)))) good that i have never heard of them before reading this::::)))
Old 23 November 2017, 09:59 PM   #45
Louribal
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
Old 23 November 2017, 10:35 PM   #46
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Karl is banned.
Not the right outcome.
Old 24 November 2017, 01:55 AM   #47
drmovement
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex mk2 red sub
Congrats one of my favorites and on my list to acquire as well. Enjoy in good health!
Old 24 November 2017, 02:13 AM   #48
Bryant Park
Banned

If only he had a nice collection, insightful comments or an appreciation for Patek. Better off without him (note sarcasm). He will be missed.
Old 24 November 2017, 02:23 AM   #49
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Not the right outcome.
agreed. One of the good ones on here.

Not a lot of guys get grand comps to begin with, and even less post them and contribute here.
Old 24 November 2017, 07:16 AM   #50
olc
"TRF" Member

I don’t post here much, but I read it all. I am absolutely horrified at the idea that a knowledgeable contributor is banned for expressing criticism about the practices of a watch dealer. If the forum can’t be a place where people can freely express ideas as long as the expression is courteous and in good faith, then what are we doing?

I read that entire Govberg thread. There’s a difference of opinion whether the story reflected acceptable behavior or not. Taking the other side of that debate should not get a person banned from anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 24 November 2017, 09:05 AM   #51
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

Congratulations. This is the one perpetual calendar I have even considered. I really like this one.
Old 24 November 2017, 09:13 AM   #52
MCMartiny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by olc View Post
I don’t post here much, but I read it all. I am absolutely horrified at the idea that a knowledgeable contributor is banned for expressing criticism about the practices of a watch dealer. If the forum can’t be a place where people can freely express ideas as long as the expression is courteous and in good faith, then what are we doing?

I read that entire Govberg thread. There’s a difference of opinion whether the story reflected acceptable behavior or not. Taking the other side of that debate should not get a person banned from anything.
Agree ^^^^^

I cannot help but feel that this forum will be a little bit less great without Karl :-/

I too have mostly been lurking in the forum but read a lot of what is posted including the infamous now deleted 5522 thread. I don't know whether Karl broke some unwritten forum rule or not in that thread (or other threads). I personally think that part of being a community of watch entusiasts is that we can share and debate our good and not so good experiences dealing with Patek and their ADs. But hey, I guess the rules of the game at the end of the day are up to the forum owners.

However, the fact remains that Karl was a highly valued contributor to the forum. I for one very much enjoyed his knowledge, insights and not least the pictures of his great collection. In my personal opinion he is a great ambassador for Patek and Patek owners who helps create connection with and appreciation of the great watches made by Patek. So I am very sad to see him excommunicated over some not so favourable comments about a US AD that might be pushing the envelope a bit in terms of how they choose to conduct their business and treat watch entusiast like ourselves.
Old 24 November 2017, 09:18 AM   #53
JPMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/AP/Rolex
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMartiny View Post
Agree ^^^^^

I cannot help but feel that this forum will be a little bit less great without Karl :-/

I too have mostly been lurking in the forum but read a lot of what is posted including the infamous now deleted 5522 thread. I don't know whether Karl broke some unwritten forum rule or not in that thread (or other threads). I personally think that part of being a community of watch entusiasts is that we can share and debate our good and not so good experiences dealing with Patek and their ADs. But hey, I guess the rules of the game at the end of the day are up to the forum owners.

However, the fact remains that Karl was a highly valued contributor to the forum. I for one very much enjoyed his knowledge, insights and not least the pictures of his great collection. In my personal opinion he is a great ambassador for Patek and Patek owners who helps create connection with and appreciation of the great watches made by Patek. So I am very sad to see him excommunicated over some not so favourable comments about a US AD that might be pushing the envelope a bit in terms of how they choose to conduct their business and treat watch entusiast like ourselves.
Agree with these comments
Old 24 November 2017, 10:14 AM   #54
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Guess we won't get to see this incoming. What a shame. Karl was a good source of advice on Patek models. Things have certainly gotten out of hand as of late. Unless you are a mod, it appears you can only post positive comments on here.
Old 24 November 2017, 12:13 PM   #55
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomalf123 View Post
Guess we won't get to see this incoming. What a shame. Karl was a good source of advice on Patek models. Things have certainly gotten out of hand as of late. Unless you are a mod, it appears you can only post positive comments on here.
It's sad because Karl was a nice guy. Yet plenty of serial bullies seem to always escape moderation on TRF.
Old 24 November 2017, 12:21 PM   #56
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:

He was not banned for expressing a criticism, we all did and many times too, but once the Mods have said enough is enough we have to abide by it or the mods are powerless and this forum descends into Youtube/Facebook chaos.
Old 24 November 2017, 01:40 PM   #57
PJ S
Banned

^
Perhaps infraction points would've sufficed instead of a straight ban.
Isn't that the whole point of having the system in place?
Old 24 November 2017, 01:58 PM   #58
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:

Agreed...
Old 24 November 2017, 02:23 PM   #59
dardeca
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmartiny View Post
agree ^^^^^

i cannot help but feel that this forum will be a little bit less great without karl :-/

i too have mostly been lurking in the forum but read a lot of what is posted including the infamous now deleted 5522 thread. I don't know whether karl broke some unwritten forum rule or not in that thread (or other threads). I personally think that part of being a community of watch entusiasts is that we can share and debate our good and not so good experiences dealing with patek and their ads. But hey, i guess the rules of the game at the end of the day are up to the forum owners.

However, the fact remains that karl was a highly valued contributor to the forum. I for one very much enjoyed his knowledge, insights and not least the pictures of his great collection. In my personal opinion he is a great ambassador for patek and patek owners who helps create connection with and appreciation of the great watches made by patek. So i am very sad to see him excommunicated over some not so favourable comments about a us ad that might be pushing the envelope a bit in terms of how they choose to conduct their business and treat watch entusiast like ourselves.
+1
Old 24 November 2017, 02:50 PM   #60
drjuanola
"TRF" Member

Closed Thread