The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 18 November 2017, 03:24 PM   #1
BLAUGRANA
"TRF" Member

Advice/Help needed: Swapping out hand for cosmetic reason.

Hello. I am interested in purchasing a new Black Bay, but before I do I would like to make sure I'm able to swap out the seconds hand for that of another Black Bay seconds hand. My understanding is that Rolex may not do this since I only want to for cosmetic reasons, but even if they did they would keep the original seconds hand (which I want back) so as not to have parts out on the open market. So a couple of questions:

1) Would Rolex/Tudor swap out the seconds hand (I would of course pay for it) for another different seconds hand? Would they also give me back the original seconds hand?

2) Say I had the seconds hand removed from an experienced Service Center and returned to me. Then I send the watch to Rolex without a seconds hand for service where they would replace it with the hand I want. Would Rolex service a Black Bay that came in without a seconds hand?

I'm basically looking to swap a limited edition seconds hand (which I'd want to retain in the event I ever sold the watch) and get a standard Black Bay seconds hand put on instead.
BLAUGRANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 07:23 AM   #2
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
No and No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post
Hello. I am interested in purchasing a new Black Bay, but before I do I would like to make sure I'm able to swap out the seconds hand for that of another Black Bay seconds hand. My understanding is that Rolex may not do this since I only want to for cosmetic reasons, but even if they did they would keep the original seconds hand (which I want back) so as not to have parts out on the open market. So a couple of questions:

1) Would Rolex/Tudor swap out the seconds hand (I would of course pay for it) for another different seconds hand? Would they also give me back the original seconds hand?

2) Say I had the seconds hand removed from an experienced Service Center and returned to me. Then I send the watch to Rolex without a seconds hand for service where they would replace it with the hand I want. Would Rolex service a Black Bay that came in without a seconds hand?

I'm basically looking to swap a limited edition seconds hand (which I'd want to retain in the event I ever sold the watch) and get a standard Black Bay seconds hand put on instead.
Answers:

1) No.

2) No.
Old 21 November 2017, 07:56 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post
. . . I'm basically looking to swap a limited edition seconds hand (which I'd want to retain in the event I ever sold the watch) and get a standard Black Bay seconds hand put on instead.
Rolex is not going to swap out a seconds hand to put one on that was not originally available for the model you have.

If you can source the seconds hand that you want, any competent watchmaker can make the swap.