The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 18 November 2017, 08:51 PM   #1
THerzl
"TRF" Member

Rolex Service Center

Hello,

I have a 10 year old Submariner that still looks very new but there are a few marks I want to get rid off at my first service. I want to keep it as close as is, only addressing the following. What is the best way? Can I write RSC my wishes or does RSC approach every watch with a "one size fits all" - "we know what to do" approach?

Just this:
  • 1 shallow 2mm vertical mark top right lug. Luckily it follows the polished-to-brushed contour so it shouldn't take much to get it out.
  • 1 small scuff on top of the lug (brushed side). Don't really care about that one.
  • A dent on the bezel teeth from hitting the seatbelt.
  • Small scratch on the cyclops
  • Dull black insert

I don't want to just hand over my Rolex and let them treat it as some danged up Sub that needs aggressive treatment. A friend of mine brought in his Rolex Sub (2004) and RSC refinished the brushed shoulders in a way that didn't really look like the stock original finish. Also the sharp edges became more rounded off (must admit his Sub was indeed danged up).

Can they just buff out the vertical mark, leaving the stock shoulder brush as is?

Can they swap bezel+insert?

Thanks for your help.
THerzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2017, 11:08 PM   #2
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
They will not fix one scratch and leave another, best you can do ask for a light polish when sending it in to a RSC.
Old 18 November 2017, 11:23 PM   #3
THerzl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
They will not fix one scratch and leave another, best you can do ask for a light polish when sending it in to a RSC.
I can understand. Overal light polish is what I want, just I'm a bit worried they will sand down all 4 shoulders and re-do the brush job. There's really no need for that as the brushed parts are close to new.

Hope you get my point... thnx
THerzl is offline   Reply With Quote