The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 19 January 2020, 07:06 AM   #31
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Yep makes sense now ! :-)))
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 07:44 PM   #32
Becweb
Banned

hahah you guys are funny. I purchased an AP from an AP boutique once and got a little discount due to a hairline scratch that was on the bracelet - that was before the entire craziness of Rolex PP AP. Interestingly, the watch was wrapped in a plastic film on the case only, not the bracelet.

True it would be sad of me to use this "tactic" but I also would not like my 30k+ watch to be given to people to try - i've never purchased a PP, so not sure how it goes. If the shop allows a sold watch to be handled by other customers, which i see as wrong, then it's not that wrong to try that.

Funny enough, 3 years ago, i was making this joke while taking out the nautiluses i tried, telling the sales rep "help me as i don't want to damage it" and they would almost every time respond "if you damage it, you have to buy it".
Last month, i made the same joke, saying "help me as I have to buy it if i damage it" while trying a 5990 steel, and i got "it doesn't work this way don't worry".
Becweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 09:07 PM   #33
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becweb View Post
hahah you guys are funny. I purchased an AP from an AP boutique once and got a little discount due to a hairline scratch that was on the bracelet - that was before the entire craziness of Rolex PP AP. Interestingly, the watch was wrapped in a plastic film on the case only, not the bracelet.

True it would be sad of me to use this "tactic" but I also would not like my 30k+ watch to be given to people to try - i've never purchased a PP, so not sure how it goes. If the shop allows a sold watch to be handled by other customers, which i see as wrong, then it's not that wrong to try that.

Funny enough, 3 years ago, i was making this joke while taking out the nautiluses i tried, telling the sales rep "help me as i don't want to damage it" and they would almost every time respond "if you damage it, you have to buy it".
Last month, i made the same joke, saying "help me as I have to buy it if i damage it" while trying a 5990 steel, and i got "it doesn't work this way don't worry".
U shouldn’t take anything I say seriously btw...that said after my pedi today I might go drop some watches :)
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote