The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 October 2017, 04:53 PM   #1
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Montblanc belts

Anyone have long term experience with these? I've been kicking around the idea of picking one up for a few years now and I'm curious about durability. I'll be wearing it with dress pants about 4 days a week. Walk about 3 miles a day at work. Might blend it into my weekend routine now and then too if I really love the belt. Still undecided on style but probably along the lines of a reversible classic. Maybe one of the ruthenium plated buckles also. Cheers!

Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2017, 08:32 PM   #2
crew
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
I don’t own a Montblanc belt but I have several of their wallets, one being in daily use. Their leather wears very well and my 5 year old daily looks “broken in” but basically new.
Great quality in most everything they make. Hopefully that translates to their belts as well.
crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2017, 09:25 PM   #3
Alexwwjd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
I prefer Ferragamo... very durable. I've been wearing mine for a couple years and it still looks good. The buckle is two pieces and the little "Ferragamo" letters are a different piece that fell apart but they fixed it under warranty when it was 3 months old.

That's the only thing I prefer Ferragamo over Montblanc (belts). Everything else I use is Montblanc: wallet, passport cover, journal, business cards case, pens, etc.

I hate Ferragamo shoes but I still wear them.
Alexwwjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2017, 11:11 PM   #4
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
I like the Montblanc belt, very classic and under the radar. Unlike some other brands, that scream look at me.
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 12:15 AM   #5
wongwong5
"TRF" Member

Only own MontBlac money clips but they seem to hold up pretty well.
wongwong5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2017, 02:16 AM   #6
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
I have two MB belts. The leather is very good quality, just like their other leather goods. I've been using an MB wallet for the past six years and it still looks 97%.

However, they are no better than other belts of similar quality leather. What I mean by that is that sometimes you think you're buying a quality leather item; can be a bag, belt, wallet, whatever. In some cases, it's actually a cardboard 'frame', for want of a word, which is wrapped in leather. They don't last five minutes. A quality leather belt is a quality leather belt, doesn't matter who makes it.

MB belts are leather through and through, so no worries there. In my own experience, the key to longevity with a good leather belt is to remember what it is. It's a belt, not a tourniquet. If worn too tightly, the buckle pin will elongate the belt hole and that will distort the area around the buckle arch leaving it looking worn out very quickly.

Take the plunge, you won't regret it, but be sure to have it sized to keep your pants up and not cut off your circulation.

Good luck

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2017, 05:12 AM   #7
keithl
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
Anyone have long term experience with these? I've been kicking around the idea of picking one up for a few years now and I'm curious about durability. I'll be wearing it with dress pants about 4 days a week. Walk about 3 miles a day at work. Might blend it into my weekend routine now and then too if I really love the belt. Still undecided on style but probably along the lines of a reversible classic. Maybe one of the ruthenium plated buckles also. Cheers!

I like their stuff.
keithl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2017, 05:22 AM   #8
KarlS
Banned

So I own the top one which I think is the one with the glide through lock. It lasted 2 months and now doesn’t work. You can’t tighten it so having to return it!!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2017, 05:40 AM   #9
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
does it come in a 56 waist?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2017, 05:45 AM   #10
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post