The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 September 2020, 09:33 AM   #61
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSLC View Post
Was just shuttled in a new Navigator the other other day and at 6ft was comfortable in the third row. The interiors are incredible.
The interior of the new Navi is insane. That said, I sat in a new one a month ago. It’s had the second row captain’s chairs and, at 6’2”, I didn’t have enough headroom. Granted, I think I was wearing a hat but I also sat in and Aviator and either Nautilus or Corsair and had more headroom. I was pretty surprised.

Also, I think the Aviator is a gorgeous design and would choose one over a Navigator.
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 10:57 AM   #62
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
My wife has had 3 MB GL and then her last was a GLS 450. Always the seven passengers from Mercedes for about 7 years. I got so bored with them that I sold the 2017 and replaced it with an American muscle car SUV. She loves this thing for the last 2 years.

I have to say, I am very impressed with the build quality for over 2 years of ownership. Pretty impressive. It’s a 2018 Dodge Durango SRT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They’re sweet. I’m interested to see the Hellcat Durango price point.
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 11:08 AM   #63
Texex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
I really like the BMW X7. We ended up with the X5 as we only have 1 kiddo but the X7 would be a great choice if you need a 3rd row.

Old 16 September 2020, 11:27 AM   #64
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Screw it I’m gonna get a jag sedan

steve
dimag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 12:03 PM   #65
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimag333 View Post

steve
Put the drink down
Old 16 September 2020, 12:26 PM   #66
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Quote:

steve
Wait what?

My vote in this category is the X7 hands down
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 01:03 PM   #67
Ghost410
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
I’m still blown away by the xc90 in this price range. Incredibly comfortable, stylish, safe and reliable. I cross shopped them with MB, audi and found they just won for me in that price ranges. Th r design just does it. Beyond that price, I’d have went Escalade platinum. They’re giving the left overs away.
Ghost410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 04:22 PM   #68
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
New gle with 3rd row.... I’m also a big Benz guy (amg gtr s550 cab) and just got a gle 350 and the interior is just amazing, the drive, infotainment, burmester, ambient lighting, space etc etc etc
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 09:12 PM   #69
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaynyc View Post
They’re sweet. I’m interested to see the Hellcat Durango price point.

I have my name down on the list. It’s only a six month production and apparently end of October early November is when you can order one. In Canada they start around 110k. I think in USA I saw 85k.

1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 10:12 PM   #70
dimag333
"TRF" Member

My wife really likes the gle, any opinions on 350 vs 450?

steve
Old 16 September 2020, 10:38 PM   #71
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:

steve
Probably need to drive them but I would opt for the 450 especially if you envision all three rows being used.

I recently bought an S class and did not think I needed the 560 until I drove one. It was night and day over the 450 in terms of power, smoothness . . .
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 11:37 PM   #72
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
New GLE is a winner for sure.
Always go for more power if you can swing it.
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 01:36 AM   #73
prnceofpersia23

Watch: 116500LN
Quote:

steve
Try the 350, you'll be surprised. Torque curve makes it more than suitable for daily driving around town. I had no issues with a car full of passengers+luggage.

On the other hand, the 450 is only $5K more for ~100 more hp/tq. Careful though, that option sheet adds up fast.

Drive both and decide for yourself!
prnceofpersia23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 03:39 AM   #74
Mandalorian
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41
2018 Suburban owner here, absolutely love my truck. If you need a third row, skip the Tahoe size and go for the extended wheelbase models (Suburban, Escalade ESV, Yukon XL, Expedition Max, Navigator L, etc.) they're not really any more difficult to park but it makes a huge difference in terms of third row and cargo space. Putting the third row up in a Tahoe sized vehicle effectively kills all of the cargo space behind the seat.

The Land Cruiser/LX are very reliable and great off road, but they're not as good of family haulers. The third rows are tight and space behind them is poor. Plus the gas tanks are freaking tiny.

I've heard a lot of good things about the new Navigator/Expedition. Not sure if I trust the Ecoboost motors in the long run (love a V8), but they're very spacious and have some great seats. Navigator has an incredible interior.

If you do end up going GM, I'd recommend skipping the LT trim levels. Go for the Premier/Denali/Platinum. Not tremendously more expensive, but you get a lot more features.

As for the GLS, I used to live near the area where those were built in Alabama. Not really sure I'd buy one given some of the rumors I heard.
Mandalorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 05:11 AM   #75
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Been driving some form of Mercedes for the last 10 years. I’m gonna need something for driving 10 hours a few times a year, family Mover, possibly 3 rows.

Has to be good in a snow, anyone have experience with

2021 Tahoe, z71, Hugh country
Yukon Denali

Any other contenders beyond gle and smaller LR offerings anyone would like to reccomend

steve
tbh, it may be a big step down in quality. I'm american but mercedes is on top of their game right now. Still a car manufacture and not perfect. I love range rovers and you could get an amazingly nice used one at that price, but honestly, I would just get a used G wagon or GLS, GLG type of thing.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 06:27 AM   #76
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1888 Appleton Trac
currently driving a 2017 BMW X5, happy as can be. My company vehicle is a Chevy Traverse, it has been flawless for 125,000 miles
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 06:35 AM   #77
mbalmz

I'm a big audi guy so would give Q7 and/or Q8 a look.
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 06:41 AM   #78
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
GLE wins the category hands down at that price point - the 350 is surprising power wise. In the $60's there's nothing better.

3rd row - tough one - I wouldn't consider it for daily use - more like jump seats for kids when in a jam.

If you plan on using the 3rd row often I'd go with the GLS or X7.

New 2021 Escalade is ridiculous - had the chance to tinker around with one the other day and this is going to be the class leader by far.
Old 17 September 2020, 08:03 AM   #79
dimag333
"TRF" Member

this may sound nuts, but after going over our needs and real lack of need of a 3rd row (after reconsidering the gle). Taking everything into account of what we need vehicle wise. We ended up landing on a regular bed, seirra 1500 denali lol

Checks all the boxes in combo with the gla, now just gotta wait out the move and order it in

steve
Old 17 September 2020, 11:03 AM   #80
Stevie_Goodlife
"TRF" Member

Watch: Five Digit GMT
The Q7 has been great for us. Although it might be too late!
Old 17 September 2020, 11:11 AM   #81
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
New 2021 Escalade is ridiculous - had the chance to tinker around with one the other day and this is going to be the class leader by far.
Trust your opinion just curious why? Every time I’m in an Escalade I think I could work with this for sure but I never leave thinking I need to buy one. I’d personally just get the gmc if I needed to tow a large boat etc.
Old 17 September 2020, 11:38 AM   #82
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSLC View Post
LX/GX or Land Cruiser.
Land Cruiser for sure. Very under the radar. As capable as a range rover, but more reliable and minus the hype.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 10:39 PM   #83
Watchflair

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Trust your opinion just curious why? Every time I’m in an Escalade I think I could work with this for sure but I never leave thinking I need to buy one. I’d personally just get the gmc if I needed to tow a large boat etc.
I managed a Cadillac dealership for 5 years and we used to get this all the time. To me it's about the technology, build quality, and materials used. The Escalade is distinctively an Escalade on the interior - leather quality, real wood, technology, and the new ridiculous new curved oled screen that comes in at 38 inches.

My rep from Cadillac brought the new 2021 to the Mercedes-Benz dealership I manage a few weeks back and it blew me away. The features and options we incredible. The leg room in the third row was comfortable - I'm 5'11" 195 lbs and was more than comfortable back there. The space behind the third row even on the short version was plenty. They fixed all of the short falls of the previous generation.

In the next few months I need to replace my wifes car and while I've been leaning towards a GLE although she wants something larger with a third row. It's going to be tough deciding between the GLS and Escalade. The Escalade just has so much more technology and gives a better use of space - third row and behind the third row storage. Also, you can walk through the captains chairs to get to the third row in an Escalade - can't comfortably do that in a GLS.

I clearly am leaving out the BMW X7 which is a worthy competitor - unfortunately we don't have a BMW dealership so I'd stick with either MB or Cad.
Old 18 September 2020, 12:10 AM   #84
Ghost410
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
I managed a Cadillac dealership for 5 years and we used to get this all the time. To me it's about the technology, build quality, and materials used. The Escalade is distinctively an Escalade on the interior - leather quality, real wood, technology, and the new ridiculous new curved oled screen that comes in at 38 inches.

My rep from Cadillac brought the new 2021 to the Mercedes-Benz dealership I manage a few weeks back and it blew me away. The features and options we incredible. The leg room in the third row was comfortable - I'm 5'11" 195 lbs and was more than comfortable back there. The space behind the third row even on the short version was plenty. They fixed all of the short falls of the previous generation.

In the next few months I need to replace my wifes car and while I've been leaning towards a GLE although she wants something larger with a third row. It's going to be tough deciding between the GLS and Escalade. The Escalade just has so much more technology and gives a better use of space - third row and behind the third row storage. Also, you can walk through the captains chairs to get to the third row in an Escalade - can't comfortably do that in a GLS.

I clearly am leaving out the BMW X7 which is a worthy competitor - unfortunately we don't have a BMW dealership so I'd stick with either MB or Cad.
Next Cadillac or mb I buy, I’ll be reaching out to you! Always need a good connection.
Ghost410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 12:26 AM   #85
Watchflair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost410 View Post
Next Cadillac or mb I buy, I’ll be reaching out to you! Always need a good connection.
Absolutely - anything at all or even just honest advice happy to help.
Old 18 September 2020, 12:52 AM   #86
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
this may sound nuts, but after going over our needs and real lack of need of a 3rd row (after reconsidering the gle). Taking everything into account of what we need vehicle wise. We ended up landing on a regular bed, seirra 1500 denali lol

Checks all the boxes in combo with the gla, now just gotta wait out the move and order it in

steve
I have the same conversation with my wife. If we need all of the utility a nice pick up fits the bill. Especially for road trips. Our GLC43 was packed to the gills for a trip to Maine with a 1 yo. All of that is easily resolved with a bed and a tonneau.
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 02:50 AM   #87
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Thanks Jim makes sense to me
Old 18 September 2020, 02:55 AM   #88
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Thanks Jim makes sense to me
My concern would be screen burn in on that OLED panel,. I know it happens with the OLED TVs.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 03:06 AM   #89
Watchflair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
My concern would be screen burn in on that OLED panel,. I know it happens with the OLED TVs.
I lease - so after 3 years at most I say goodbye.
Old 18 September 2020, 03:10 AM   #90
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
I lease - so after 3 years at most I say goodbye.
If it does it won't take three years. But then again I guess if it does in a short time it should be covered under warranty for that time period anyway.

I'm just curious as to whether it will be an issue or not.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote