The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Old 19 September 2013, 01:51 PM   #1
afc1
"TRF" Member

Boston Area Fall GTG

Hey all,

It's been a while since our last Boston area GTG and given how great a time the last one was, I think now is a good time to start thinking about another one

I'm in town from October 9-13 so any time around then would work great for me, but if these dates do not work for everyone else, I most likely just have to enjoy any GTG that gets set up through the pics

I thought our plan last time of drinks, ADs, then dinner worked very well. Maybe this time we could work in European Watch Co or another nice pre-owned watch store. I'm open to any ideas!

Anyway, it would be great to see all who came last time as well as some new faces! For any new guys interested, see the link below for pics from the last GTG. It was great!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=284234

Watch Collection: Rolex and AP
afc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2013, 12:24 AM   #2
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
Count me in for sure! I'd only suggest less time over drinks and more different stores. I'd agree to add European Watch co and also hit Copley with more time and go to the Omega boutique and then (Gasp!) the Tourneau across the hall. We could all go educate the salespeople and/or ask questions and then laugh at the answers.

Maybe if its a nice day walk down to Lux Bond and then to Schreve. I do this all the time with my wife. We park under the common and walk up Newbury/Boylston and catch 5 stores in a few minutes walk. Then end in Fenway for a beer.

Does anyone know anyone at these stores that could arrange a private showing and/or maybe something special? Maybe see if any reps are in town to chat with etc? I don't need champagne and a back rub but it would be nice if the store knew 20 WIS were coming and wanted to show off new models.
Old 20 September 2013, 01:44 AM   #3
afc1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Count me in for sure! I'd only suggest less time over drinks and more different stores. I'd agree to add European Watch co and also hit Copley with more time and go to the Omega boutique and then (Gasp!) the Tourneau across the hall. We could all go educate the salespeople and/or ask questions and then laugh at the answers.

Maybe if its a nice day walk down to Lux Bond and then to Schreve. I do this all the time with my wife. We park under the common and walk up Newbury/Boylston and catch 5 stores in a few minutes walk. Then end in Fenway for a beer.

Does anyone know anyone at these stores that could arrange a private showing and/or maybe something special? Maybe see if any reps are in town to chat with etc? I don't need champagne and a back rub but it would be nice if the store knew 20 WIS were coming and wanted to show off new models.
Tony, these are great ideas

I forgot there was a Tourneau in the Copley mall but I'd be down to take a look in there and I'm sure others would be too, as they have some great looking watches from many makes (don't count on me leaving with a $14k stainless Daytona though )

Watch Collection: Rolex and AP
afc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2013, 07:45 AM   #4
Bdel
"TRF" Member

I had a great time at the last one. I cant wait for this one!
Collection: Yachtmaster TT, Milgauss, Explorer II, SeaDweller, Air King, Lange #1, BR03-92, Panerai PAM 112, Omega Planet Ocean, Corum Admirals Cup, Ball Engineer, U-boat Flight Deck, Longines Silver Arrow, Hamilton Ventura,etc...
Bdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2013, 03:11 AM   #5
DatejustRyan
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP5712R
Count me in!
DatejustRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2013, 02:06 AM   #6
chh47gmt
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16710 3186
Me too!
chh47gmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2013, 09:48 PM   #7
descartes
"TRF" Member

The guys at Shreve would probably love to host something like this. They are true enthusiasts.
descartes is offline   Reply With Quote