The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 24 March 2019, 01:23 AM   #1
Leopard88
"TRF" Member

Fake 116610LN on catawiki from a pro seller

https://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/...-men-2000-2010
Horribly fake but either with a gen movement installed or the seller posted a different watch’s movement pic on purpose
Leopard88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 01:24 AM   #2
Leopard88
"TRF" Member

And all items there are approved by so called „experts” before being listed
Old 24 March 2019, 03:07 AM   #3
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Why is it fake?
Movement, and case are genuine, box too.
Adam
Old 24 March 2019, 03:28 AM   #4
botsy
"TRF" Member

Definitely a chinese fake made by the infamous Noob factory.
botsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 03:30 AM   #5
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by botsy View Post
Definitely a chinese fake made by the infamous Noob factory.
Neither NOOB factory or any Chinese factory make a movement like that - movement is genuine, case too
A
Old 24 March 2019, 03:45 AM   #6
botsy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Neither NOOB factory or any Chinese factory make a movement like that - movement is genuine, case too

A

What makes you think the open caseback showing the movement is the same watch??? Because the watch has a fake dial, hands, bracelet, bezel, bezel insert and most likely the case!!
Old 24 March 2019, 03:49 AM   #7
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What makes you think the open caseback showing the movement is the same watch??? Because the watch has a fake dial, hands, bracelet, bezel, bezel insert and most likely the case!!
Well I would be the first to support genuine movement in a fake case - i have seen plenty of those.
but from what I can see of the case back, that looks genuine.
So for certain that movement and case back is not counterfeit.

The dial photos are not good enough for me
A
Old 24 March 2019, 03:53 AM   #8
botsy
"TRF" Member

The picture of the caseback and movement are genuine but may not be part of the same watch in the other pictures. I may be fairly new on here but been a dealer for many years and no exactly what I’m looking at and I feel for the buyer of this rubbish!!!
Old 24 March 2019, 03:55 AM   #9
botsy
"TRF" Member

Everything is wrong in the picture! Crown guards are wrong. Hands are wrong. Date font is wrong. Marker rings are wrong. Insert Pearl is wrong. 100%rep
Old 24 March 2019, 03:58 AM   #10
Leopard88
"TRF" Member

Will a gen movement fit there? That gen 3135 for sure is not from a 116610 because it has no parachrom hairspring
Old 24 March 2019, 03:59 AM   #11
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The picture of the caseback and movement are genuine but may not be part of the same watch in the other pictures.
Thats true - but if you steal movement and case photos, why not also post stolen dial photos?
The bracelet has some suspicion and SP9 is a known fake bracelet code?

Regards
Old 24 March 2019, 04:00 AM   #12
botsy
"TRF" Member

Who knows but I hope someone doesn’t end up with this!!
Old 24 March 2019, 04:03 AM   #13
Leopard88
"TRF" Member

I hasnt met the reserve yet i did report it but the seller has lots of feedback i do t know will anyone listen, it was approved by two experts
Old 24 March 2019, 08:53 PM   #14
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Only thing real on that is the movement. Caseback is fake also. Seller has cropped the movement shot but the lip machining is wrong. You can also just about make out the notch is missing on the left hand side of the case for fitting the movement into the case.
antrolexsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 11:12 PM   #15
uncleluck
"TRF" Member

Same pic location I’d say (there’s a black dot on the desk appears in mvt pic and pic, looks like the same watch.

Is it beyond the realms these ‘real’ movements are actually fake? Saving the pic of this and a another and comparing there are some small inconsistencies.

Also I’ve read that people have seen genuine movements in fake watches, I just cannot believe that happens. A genuine movement is worth a lot and the risk is too high. That’s aside from the point of where have they all come from. Doesn’t make sense especially in a watch where (like this) many have picked apart the aesthetics so why stick a valuable mvt in when it’s obvious)

Having just googled it to see how good a fake 3135 movement is the first thing I found was a website who have apparently disassembled & reproduced Rolex movement’s 1:1 and looking at the pics I think you’d struggle to call the mvt in the watch linked here genuine (given the poor pic quality)
uncleluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 11:22 PM   #16
Leopard88
"TRF" Member

It does make sense when you can buy a gen movement for 3k$ And a chinese fake like that for 300$. The movement there is gen for sure, as for that website claiming to have replicated them 1:1, thats a scam, why would they sell them cheap as they are identical? They would go as gen for regular prices and only a few prople would know that
Old 25 March 2019, 12:47 AM   #17
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleluck View Post
Having just googled it to see how good a fake 3135 movement is the first thing I found was a website who have apparently disassembled & reproduced Rolex movement’s 1:1 and looking at the pics I think you’d struggle to call the mvt in the watch linked here genuine (given the poor pic quality)
Movement in the pictures is genuine even with the poor pocture quality. The fake movements are poorly finished and have lots of tells. There are no fake 3135 movements with a free sprung balance...yet.
Old 25 March 2019, 02:49 AM   #18
uncleluck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrolexsub View Post
Movement in the pictures is genuine even with the poor pocture quality. The fake movements are poorly finished and have lots of tells. There are no fake 3135 movements with a free sprung balance...yet.
So the supposed clone movements I found on google are faking it too, I Guess it could be they’re scamming people who want to buy clone movements with fake pics on their website. That wouldn’t surprise me given the nature.

It’s a dangerous game to play though. “There’s no fake with a free sprung balance” May be true of yesterday but I bet a pound to a pinch of **** they’re on it though.
Old 25 March 2019, 02:57 AM   #19
uncleluck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard88 View Post
It does make sense when you can buy a gen movement for 3k$ And a chinese fake like that for 300$. The movement there is gen for sure, as for that website claiming to have replicated them 1:1, thats a scam, why would they sell them cheap as they are identical? They would go as gen for regular prices and only a few prople would know that
Can you easily buy a genuine movement? I was just surprised especially when I read of the wave of them that were being fitted into fake watches.

And yes you’re correct I’d say the website is likely just a scam to get people to buy a “clone”. No doubt photoshop pics. I’m not really up to date on the clones but I do think it’s not far from the realms of possibility that the clone movements will be able to fool people soon in crappy pics like the above. Clear pics will always show the quality but of they get the FSB sorted and a shakey pic shows a FSB “which means it’s genuine”. That’s good enough for some people.
Old 25 March 2019, 03:13 AM   #20
Leopard88
"TRF" Member

A quick search on chrono and ebay shows at least a couple of 3135 movements, expensive ones at around 2,5k$, there are also cheap and unpopular models casing 3135 so getting that movement is really not a problem.
I guess all the cheaper ones are sitting right now in fake cases, and there are fakes better finished then the one on catawiki so its a bit scary but there might be tens of watch users unaware of having a fake watch with an original 3135 right now, i think majority of watchmakers when checking authenticity will confirm its real when they see a real mvt, and a good cyclops magnification, not many people will check any further.
This one still has an older mvt without a blue parachrom hairspring that all 116... should have so its obvious that somethings wrong
Old 25 March 2019, 03:34 AM   #21
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So the supposed clone movements I found on google are faking it too, I Guess it could be they’re scamming people who want to buy clone movements with fake pics on their website. That wouldn’t surprise me given the nature.

It’s a dangerous game to play though. “There’s no fake with a free sprung balance” May be true of yesterday but I bet a pound to a pinch of **** they’re on it though.
Both of those images are of genuine movements. Fakes with a free sprung balance don’t exist.

I make you right though, they will one day no doubt.
Old 25 March 2019, 04:25 AM   #22
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Correct - or other unique features Rolex implements
Old 25 March 2019, 04:28 AM   #23
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Please STOP posting photos of fake items.
we really do not discuss here fakes or anything about them.
Old 25 March 2019, 04:43 AM   #24
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please STOP posting photos of fake items.
we really do not discuss here fakes or anything about them.
He isn’t. Those are genuine.
Old 25 March 2019, 04:46 AM   #25
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
He isn’t. Those are genuine.
True - But the site he takes them from sells fakes.
And no need to discuss fakes here - in my opinion
A
Old 25 March 2019, 04:59 AM   #26
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
True - But the site he takes them from sells fakes.
And no need to discuss fakes here - in my opinion
A
I don’t understand this mentality of not discussing fakes. The more information out there in regards to these fakes the better in my opinion. If the flaws are highlighted and it allows just one potential buyer to spot that dodgy watch, then I’m all for it.

And before anyone chimes in with that age old excuse on here of ‘we don’t want to help the counterfeiters spot the flaws and improve the fakes’, I’d like to point this out; These operations are multi million dollar enterprises. If they wanted to, they could buy 10 genuine examples to copy. A few post on a forum isn’t going to help them. In my opinion, not discussing these things, or calling out a watch as fake and then not explaining why, is the reason so many people are getting scammed for worthless lumps of Chinese metal. This is the biggest forum for Rolex, and the first place many turn to for help. The information should be there.

Last edited by antrolexsub; 25 March 2019 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 25 March 2019, 05:03 AM   #27
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t understand this mentality of not discussing fakes. The more information out there in regards to these fakes the better in my opinion. If the flaws are highlighted and it allows just one potential buyer to spot that dodgy watch, then I’m all for it.

And before anyone chimes in with that age old excuse on here of ‘we don’t want to help the counterfeiters spot the flaws and improve the fakes’, I’d like to point this out; These operations are multi million dollar enterprises. If they wanted to, they could buy 10 genuine examples to copy. A few post on a forum isn’t going to help them. In my opinion, not discussing these things, or calling out a watch as fake and then not explaining why, is the reason so many people are getting scammed for worthless lumps of Chinese metal.
First the rules quite clearly state 'not discussing fakes' or posting deliberate fake sites'

BUT
Even if you firmly believe that the counterfeiters do not monitor these sites - thats fine
BUT
scammers DO. They post photos here, if we explain what identifies it as fake - then when they list on ebay, they hide those parts.
We are teaching scammers - thats a fact!
Adam