The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 2 March 2020, 05:50 AM   #1
jpgreenwood
"TRF" Member

New Aerospace EVO owner

After deciding on what model to buy (I was going to buy an RAF special edition model), a steal of a watch came up.
Standard 2016 EVO, blue face, full box and papers, mint in every way. So, it is now in my possession.
I've read the manual and watched a couple of YouTube tutorials. I'm happy about how everything works, but I do find the "fast rotate" part of the crown a bit of a pain to get right, and it takes a couple of go's to get the display to move across the various modes.
Its also very difficult to read, not very bright.
Lastly, one of the tutorials states that it has a backlight function, that will illuminate the displays if the crown is rotated slowly. I cannot get this to function.
I'm wondering if the battery is in need of replacement?
Can any Aerospace experts shed any light on this (sorry, pun intended!)
jpgreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2020, 06:00 AM   #2
jpgreenwood
"TRF" Member

DSC_1027[8432] by jason greenwood, on Flickr
Old 3 March 2020, 08:25 AM   #3
Mad Hatter
"TRF" Member

Your digi will blink when your battery is low, so doubt it's that. Rotating the crown definitely takes getting used to to get your technique down just right. The light, I cannot remember, but you're right, it was never super bright as I recollect. Obviously meant to be more of a nighttime thing so hopefully it's decently bright enough in the dark. Anyways, you got a smoking price it sounds like so I suppose you ending up letting go of something in terms of total perfection. Enjoy!
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2020, 11:32 PM   #4
jpgreenwood
"TRF" Member

Couple of months update, watch did require a new battery as it kept resetting to zero on the displays, and was losing time. No flashing though. I replaced the battery which was an easy task, having an easy to remove caseback. I replaced with the correct spec battery and all is good. NVG lights up and all has been ok so far. I keep the displays off at all times to preserve the battery life, but I do find it gets turned on very easily if you catch the button during wrist movements.
Old 23 May 2020, 07:48 AM   #5
Mad Hatter
"TRF" Member

Well, I suppose things do get turned on if their buttons get pushed the right way from time to time.

Enjoy!
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 07:53 AM   #6
greeneyedguy
Banned

I just bought this same watch today with the black dial and it is amazing! I know you are stoked!!!!
greeneyedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2020, 01:43 AM   #7
cbalster
"TRF" Member

I just picked up one of these as well, incoming. White dial.
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2020, 09:44 AM   #8
FLYER9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Navitimer 01
I’m considering picking one of these up myself. Lovely looking watch! Love the functions of this watch and wanted to extend my collection beyond Rolex. As I’m not too familiar with the market of these things, how does paying £2000 for a 2018 black face sound?

Deal or no deal?
FLYER9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2020, 04:27 AM   #9
cbalster
"TRF" Member

That sounds ok with box/papers and in excellent condition in my opinion. Do check the battery life as they are a bit expensive I believe to replace.
Old 27 June 2020, 10:49 AM   #10
FLYER9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Navitimer 01
Thanks for the reply man. Battery life seems good so the deal and the watch is in great condition so the deal is done for £1950. I’ll post some pictures onto the thread when it arrives!
FLYER9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 02:06 AM   #11
cbalster
"TRF" Member

Post your recently acquired Breitling Aerospace

Aerospace Advantage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aerospace.jpg (76.1 KB, 197 views)
Old 24 July 2020, 09:20 AM   #12
stockae92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgreenwood View Post
Couple of months update, watch did require a new battery as it kept resetting to zero on the displays, and was losing time. No flashing though. I replaced the battery which was an easy task, having an easy to remove caseback. I replaced with the correct spec battery and all is good. NVG lights up and all has been ok so far. I keep the displays off at all times to preserve the battery life, but I do find it gets turned on very easily if you catch the button during wrist movements.
Glad this resolved your backlite issue. I tried replacing Aerospace battery before, but man, those tiny screws are beyond tiny, especially bad for my aging eyes.

I did my own Speedmaster X-33 and Grand Seiko 9F battery replacement as well, and those are as easy as any G-Shocks or Timex I have been done.

Anyway, I am a fan of the Aerospace. Its a great watch, except for when I need to set it. It just takes forever to scroll. LOL
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 05:42 AM   #13
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Congratulations! Awesome piece. When you need replacement your screens will blink - I need to have the battery on my Emergency done. Been considering an Aerospace - love how light weight it is and the versatility as a daily piece.
Watchflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2020, 05:12 AM   #14
seanmulhern
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
Icon14 Congrats! A perfect set

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgreenwood View Post
Looks like you bought well! I love the analog and digital features of the watch. You are right, display is a bit dim but perfectly acceptable in the nightime (which I believe is as designed given the B-1 designation on mine)

Nice set!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg breitlingaero4.jpg (132.4 KB, 110 views)
seanmulhern is offline   Reply With Quote