The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 26 August 2007, 06:39 AM   #1
walds11
"TRF" Member

You last visited and New Posts?

Everytime I visit this site I click on New Posts and start reading/posting away. Since this morning, it has not been "resetting" and old posts still show up and the You last visited time has not changed. I never logout of the site. I did logout and log back on and started over. I went back into the site those two components are still not resetting. I have not done anything different on my computer or whatever. Help?
walds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2007, 06:55 AM   #2
timebroker
"TRF" Member

Seems there are some problems with the website, online members are not refreshing too it seems, keeps getting more.
Maybe due to changes being made in the last weeks?
timebroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2007, 09:59 AM   #3
Lol-x
Facilitator

I don't think there is a problem. You might need to have logged off for several hours before the 'new posts' resets.
The 'new posts' function is designed to let you see what new posts are there from say morning to the evening or from yesterday to today.
You can't expect the 'new posts' update to update when you log off for a short period and then log back on. If this were the case the server would be working overtime and the system resources would be exhausted. You know it does cost a lot to run this computer system as it is
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2007, 10:53 AM   #4
walds11
"TRF" Member

Thanks Steve. I logged on a few times since 3:58PM and it is still:

You last visited: Today at 03:58 PM

It normally updates for me. I pop in a handful times a day.
Old 27 August 2007, 04:50 AM   #5
timebroker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
I don't think there is a problem. You might need to have logged off for several hours before the 'new posts' resets.
The 'new posts' function is designed to let you see what new posts are there from say morning to the evening or from yesterday to today.
You can't expect the 'new posts' update to update when you log off for a short period and then log back on. If this were the case the server would be working overtime and the system resources would be exhausted. You know it does cost a lot to run this computer system as it is
Dedicated server?
timebroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2007, 10:16 PM   #6
walds11
"TRF" Member

I am still running into this issue. New posts keep piling up and last time visited has not changed unless I logout and then log back in to the site. Wierd. What's up?
Old 29 August 2007, 11:02 PM   #7
Lol-x
Facilitator

Hi Walds. I'm not getting the same thing as you at all.
Try this:
Go to new posts. Note how many new posts you see in the top right hand corner. Then click on one of the new posts at random. Now log out of the forum altogether.
Now log back in with your user ID and password. Click on "new posts" and see what you find. You should see maybe only 1 or 2 or maybe even no new posts at all, because your log-in has been reset.
Please let me know if you are still having problems.
I just tried this myself and initially there were 30 new posts. Then I logged out and logged back in again immediately and there was only 1 new post showing.
Also you need to keep up with new posts, they may be occuring more frequently than you expect.
Cheers.
Old 30 August 2007, 07:28 AM   #8
walds11
"TRF" Member

Steve, it did "update" the new posts and last time visited when I logged out and then logged back in, but I should not have to log out and log back in everytime I visit the site.
Old 30 August 2007, 09:05 AM   #9
Lol-x
Facilitator

Hi Walds
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the situation when you log out and log back in, but in reference to the situation of refreshing whilst logged in does this help.
If you click on new posts you can then see all the new posts. If you look at the time of the very first post that appears it should be the most recent time/post. Now if you wait a minute or two and press 'new post' again, you might see one or two new posts that will be the ones that have occurred in the last 1-2 minutes at the top of the page. All the other new posts from before will remain below.
When you log off and log back on again, the new posts will refresh and so all the 'new posts' from your previous session will have been discarded on the basis that they are no longer new posts.
Please tell me if this is/is not helpful and if I've missed the point again?
Old 30 August 2007, 09:27 AM   #10
walds11
"TRF" Member

Steve, I am not sure what is going on, but something is definitely different than prior to this weekend. Maybe I am not explaining myself properly.

Just popped on the site at 7:25 PM. "You last visited: Today at 05:28 PM," but I last visited about 6:30, so it is not registering my true last visit and the new posts are just accumulating.

Adam
Old 30 August 2007, 09:30 AM   #11
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Last edited by C.J.; 22 September 2007 at 11:29 PM..
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2007, 10:06 AM   #12
Lol-x
Facilitator

Hi Adam,

Have a look at the top of the page, under the heading "Rolex is the registered trademark...." you will see a date and clock in red. This clock is set by your own personal computer. So the first thing you need to do is to ensure that clock is set to the correct time. This may mean going into your own pc control panel and setting the system clock for your computer to the correct time.

Now if you do that, and start the test again. Log in and note the time stated in 'red' and log off. Wait a minute or a few and log back in. When you log back in see if the 'you last visited' accorded with a few minutes earlier.

I'm confident this will be the source of your problem, but let me know either way.
Old 30 August 2007, 10:29 AM   #13
walds11
"TRF" Member

Steve, I tried that and it worked. Both clocks are dialed in. When I logged back in, "you lasted visited" is the time I actually last visited, but if I close the broswer, wait a few minutes and open browser back up, it's still showing the time I logged back in, not the actual time I last visited. Hopefully I am explaining it properly. Something is not updating?
Old 30 August 2007, 10:38 AM   #14
Lol-x
Facilitator

O.K. well when you log out you can't do that by just closing the browser, if you do that you will remain logged in until the time out is reset. What you need to do is go to the top right hand corner panel just under where it has 'you last visited' and click on the "Log out" and press the O.K. button.
Next time you log back in, it will show the time that you in effect logged out. I hope this helps. Let me know?
Old 30 August 2007, 06:58 PM   #15
walds11
"TRF" Member

Steve, that helps, but I never had to log out and back in for the you last visited and new posts to be updated. It works fine with all the other websites I go to and it worked fine for TRF up until this weekend. The website or server is supposed to remember the last time I visited. I still think something is not right.
Old 30 August 2007, 10:47 PM   #16
Lol-x
Facilitator

It's important that you "log out" with the forum, not just close the browser, as that isn't logging out at all. If you you follow the steps as indicated above you should be fine.
Old 31 August 2007, 07:55 PM   #17
walds11
"TRF" Member

OMG, it works now!!! I closed my browser, went back in a short-time later and now the you lasted visited and new posts are updated. Awesome. It must have been a bug.