The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old Today, 12:15 AM   #1
m32
"TRF" Member

Visiting Stuttgart and Munich... any recommendations?

My wife and I will be visiting Stuttgart and Munich for our honeymoon and am looking for recommendations on where to stay (area of the city as well as hotels) and where to eat.

If you have any recommendations, please share as I'd love to hear about your personal experience there. Thanks in advance!

Edwin
m32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:53 AM   #2
Moving Chicane
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM233 Dot Dial
If you are a car guy in any way (driver, race watcher, collector, historian, etc.), then I highly recommend the Porsche museum in Stutt.; restaurant inside too.
There is also a BMW museum in Munich to visit.
41mm Starbucks
Moving Chicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:56 AM   #3
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Bring me back a 911 please. They seem hard to find.
Old Today, 02:05 AM   #4
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Mercedes Museum is a must. Also try to visit a football (soccer) match and in September the Octoberfest.
The car manufacturers also offer factory tours.

The Zoo (Wilhelma) is also nice to see
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:49 AM   #5
m32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Chicane View Post
If you are a car guy in any way (driver, race watcher, collector, historian, etc.), then I highly recommend the Porsche museum in Stutt.; restaurant inside too.
There is also a BMW museum in Munich to visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Bring me back a 911 please. They seem hard to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
Mercedes Museum is a must. Also try to visit a football (soccer) match and in September the Octoberfest.
The car manufacturers also offer factory tours.

The Zoo (Wilhelma) is also nice to see
Definitely a car guy and have tickets for the Porsche/Mercedes/BMW museum

Edwin
Old Today, 02:55 AM   #6
wesdaniel
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Following.

This year, at Christmas, I'll be flying to Zurich for two nights, then taking a train to Basel to get on a Rhine river cruise ending in Cologne. From there, I will take a train to Nuremberg for three nights, then ending with four nights in Munich.

Curious what suggestions you get!
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:02 AM   #7
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Following as well. We'll be in Germany for the Euro Cup and will have a weekend stop in Stuttgart for a Porsche factory tour. Hoping to get some recommendations on good restaurants in the area. TIA
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:12 AM   #8
m32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
Following as well. We'll be in Germany for the Euro Cup and will have a weekend stop in Stuttgart for a Porsche factory tour. Hoping to get some recommendations on good restaurants in the area. TIA
Did you already book the Factory tour? Just FYI, they go fast so try to book as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we won't be able to go b/c we booked too late

Edwin
Old Today, 03:55 AM   #9
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Quote:
Originally Posted by m32 View Post
Did you already book the Factory tour? Just FYI, they go fast so try to book as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we won't be able to go b/c we booked too late

Edwin
I called in a favor from a friend who is an exec with Porsche NA and is coordinating the details on a VIP tour.

As an aside, he also highly recommended the Mercedes museum as that has many more historical vehicles for those of us that are car people.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:10 AM   #10
m32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
I called in a favor from a friend who is an exec with Porsche NA and is coordinating the details on a VIP tour.

As an aside, he also highly recommended the Mercedes museum as that has many more historical vehicles for those of us that are car people.

awesome! Yeah, based on what I've researched so far, the MB is the best museum.

Check out "V12 Mercedes Suite" at this hotel (V8 Hotel Classic Motorworld) for the full effect

Edwin
Old Today, 05:58 AM   #11
sctodc
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I haven't been back to Munich since 2019, so please take these recommendations with a grain of salt. (I haven't been to Stuttgart since 2004, so won't bother for recommendations there).

In Munich I'd try to stay in Altstadt. Depending on how fancy you want to be, I believe there is a Kapinski on Maximillianstraße and a Mandarin around the corner, but I've never had a bad room in Germany, even as a poor college student. Maximillianstaße also has a lot of high-end boutiques (If you'll forgive the stereotyping there is a Wempe, Richard Mille, Omega, for you; Hermes, Celine, Chanel, Gucci etc. for her).

Sightseeing - outside of the usual suspects (Glockenspiel, Frauenkirche, Marienplatz, Englischer Garten, etc.) I always enjoy walking around Olympiastadion. I prefer Augustinerbrau to Hofbräuhaus for your beer garden experience, but I know others disagree. Make sure you have a dönerkebab - they are better in Germany. Agree on the recommendations for the BMW tour if you can snag it and the soccer match - even if you're not a sports fan it's an experience.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions. While I haven't been since 2019, my brother lives in Nuremberg and goes to Munich six or seven times a year and I am happy to bounce questions off of him.
sctodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:02 AM   #12
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

A lap or two around the 'ring should do nicely. Enjoy the drive
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote