The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 June 2014, 04:49 AM   #1
Jabberjaw
Banned

PP Strap Questions

Mates - How does the PP rubber strap in the heat / humidity compare to the PP Alligator strap ? Looking at a reference which comes with the alligator strap and trying to see if the heat would make it uncomfortable to wear. Any experience or comments would be helpful.
Jabberjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2014, 06:52 AM   #2
iazrollie
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Rubber strap on my 5167 holds up spectacularly well.
Old 12 June 2014, 08:30 AM   #3
stockjock1975
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platona
Agreed! Extremely comfortable and durable in 100 degree weather as well a 0 degree.
stockjock1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2014, 10:12 AM   #4
Jabberjaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockjock1975 View Post
Agreed! Extremely comfortable and durable in 100 degree weather as well a 0 degree.
Thanks. Any comments on the comfort of the PP alligator strap in hot and cold weather ? Is it uncomfortable to wear ?
Old 12 June 2014, 10:19 AM   #5
stockjock1975
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platona
I have an alligator strap on my 5960p. Very comfortable as well, so my comments are probably more of a case of my OCD getting the best of me than anything else. With that said, although comfortable, I tend to not wear a piece with a strap (alligator, leather, etc.) during times when I am likely to sweat profusely, expose it to rain, and the like. The beauty of the rubber strap is that assuming the watch has a sufficient degree of water resistance you can simply take it into the shower with you and wash it up as good as new again. Can't do that with a leather strap without first removing it.

Long story short....both are excellent and you can't go wrong. It's all in what serves the purpose at the time.
stockjock1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2014, 01:16 AM   #6
Jabberjaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockjock1975 View Post
I have an alligator strap on my 5960p. Very comfortable as well, so my comments are probably more of a case of my OCD getting the best of me than anything else. With that said, although comfortable, I tend to not wear a piece with a strap (alligator, leather, etc.) during times when I am likely to sweat profusely, expose it to rain, and the like. The beauty of the rubber strap is that assuming the watch has a sufficient degree of water resistance you can simply take it into the shower with you and wash it up as good as new again. Can't do that with a leather strap without first removing it.

Long story short....both are excellent and you can't go wrong. It's all in what serves the purpose at the time.
Thanks for the input.